Thoughts From the Bench Press: Bethune

Advertisement
I think those dudes are all prime to get out there and make a statement. Letting the dawgs off the leash so to speak I think Pullium is a guy that could make a quicker impact than expected when he committed
yeah all 4 r aggressive, big (pause), fast, and athletic so am interested to see how well guidry has been able to channel all that into disciplined defensive play. am sure they will blow many assignments, but am hoping we see them make some big plays within the context of the defensive scheme

Animation Flexing GIF by Mashed

Miami covers easily.

63-7

Advertisement
After we’re up a couple scores I’m sure we’ll try to run the ball and keep the clock going… I’m just not sure those runs won’t end up being big plays. 59-3 Canes
Yep it’s why I picked Chaney. Fletcher probably won’t play. We could line up in a goal line formation and Chaney could rip off a few 60 yard TDs

I agree that’s why I picked 63

We could drop 100 on these dudes if we wanted

Memphis put 56 on these dudes without trying
I'd totally understand us running also. Maybe we try to jump out to an early cushion to get some young guys in sooner rather then later. Either way, these next two games are about not losing any important players to injury.

My guess is a guy like Arroyo will be held out cuz why risk him whatsoever against an hbcu team. Obviously Kam won't play and I'm pretty sure Mesidor will be out a few games based on Cribby's Intel. Maybe Fletcher sits out too. I would give McCormick a few series max and let Skinner & Riley hold down TE spot. I'd still give starting o line the first half, let them keep gelling like Magellan.
Thanks 👊🏾

Advertisement
I'd totally understand us running also. Maybe we try to jump out to an early cushion to get some young guys in sooner rather then later. Either way, these next two games are about not losing any important players to injury.
I’ll just add a couple of thoughts:

Injures happen when you’re not playing full effort. I expect the coaches to be on these guys hard. Also running the ball is probably more dangerous for injuries than anything though it does potentially speed up the clock

The young guys coming into the game and coaching in a shell makes no sense either. They’ll be given legit reps or it all defeats the purpose

That said it’s not like I’m expecting Spurriers offense

I’ve got a feeling some of these backups are gonna ball out though and the score will get really bad

I appreciate ya brother. I’m 43 not a freak of nature roided up freak of nature so these posts can be a tiny bit of schtick haha

But I’m at the gym every day doing something and have been for a long time. It’s just great for my mental health probably more than the physical. Hit me up if you need any help or have questions, I cover content like this every day on my social media pages
Appreciate it man. Definitely be reaching out. Never too late to jump back in the gym.

I’ll just add a couple of thoughts:

Injures happen when you’re not playing full effort. I expect the coaches to be on these guys hard. Also running the ball is probably more dangerous for injuries than anything though it does potentially speed up the clock

The young guys coming into the game and coaching in a shell makes no sense either. They’ll be given legit reps or it all defeats the purpose

That said it’s not like I’m expecting Spurriers offense

I’ve got a feeling some of these backups are gonna ball out though and the score will get really bad

This x1000000.

You can’t play to not get injured and you can’t coach to not get your players injured.

The 1’s need game reps and they need those reps at max effort. There can only be one speed and intensity level at which the game is played - regardless of opponent or circumstances.

I’ll trust the judgment of the coaches to bring the backups and youngins in when the time is right... and I expect they will be given the chance to play the game the way Mario wants the game to be played.

With that over / under and spread. Vegas expects Bethune to score two touchdowns. No shot that happens.

I’m going under, but won’t touch the spread…I think they have it dead on like usual

45-3 canes
We beat Bethune 70-13 last year. No way we only score 45 this year. Mario will probably play backups the majority of the game, but Dawson will not let his foot off the gas. Canes 59 - 3

Advertisement
Tbh I don’t bench very often since at my age it’s really not very helpful. My favorite chest exercise is incline dumbbells

The first week I did this I was actually benching and now for superstitious purposes I gotta keep it going

But yeah I don’t use my phone at the gym. The gym is a bit of an escape for me since I run my own businesses from my phone and need to unplug every day so to speak
Exactly. Maybe we are old school or just old but I can’t stand people talking on their phones in the gym, and some while they work out. Better to take that hour of the day and leave the business/spouse/life on the outside.

Exactly. Maybe we are old school or just old but I can’t stand people talking on their phones in the gym, and some while they work out. Better to take that hour of the day and leave the business/spouse/life on the outside.
It’s personally just a bad idea outside of just etiquette

Lots of emerging studies talk about how it’s the constant switching of tasks regarding our phones that wears us out and is bad for performance

Better to just be present and lock in for a block of the day tbh

But it’s just the times I guess

We beat Bethune 70-13 last year. No way we only score 45 this year. Mario will probably play backups the majority of the game, but Dawson will not let his foot off the gas. Canes 59 - 3
I would agree but with the short week, injuries, and running clock I expect the O to get out of there as fast as they can at all levels. They don’t want depth getting banged up playing Bethune

Advertisement
Saturday, then Thursday, then a week off?
Typo meant “without”

I know we don’t do a lot of Thursday games, and the pros do it, but seems a bit outside the norm to play Saturday and then Thursday in college

Could be wrong but I don’t remember us ever doing this

I would agree but with the short week, injuries, and running clock I expect the O to get out of there as fast as they can at all levels. They don’t want depth getting banged up playing Bethune
The running clock is an issue scoring points but I think the staff is going to let the young'ins play and score...at least I hope they do lol

Advertisement
Back