Thornton interested again?

Didn't Thornton look good vs AH this year, which has the best group of DBs in the nation..?

Advertisement
Just curious as to why you say Thornton is a poor mans version of Wiggins. @ brooklyndee

Because thorton hasn't produced anywhere but camps and 7 on 7. He tries to be physical but he's not & nothing separates them but 2 tenths of a second. Everything besides the speed now I'll take about Wiggins. Especially the fact that he knows how raw he is. He takes coaching in like a sponge and waits anxiously for more. His attitude is great. He wants to succeed at the highest level but knows it's not about talking that ****. It's about production. Kids work ethic is great. Can't wait till he's a cane as I really think he'll surprise alot of people before it's said and done. Thorton is just your typical south Florida kid who excells at flag football. Nothing else to him.

(Applause)

Just curious as to why you say Thornton is a poor mans version of Wiggins. @ brooklyndee

Because thorton hasn't produced anywhere but camps and 7 on 7. He tries to be physical but he's not & nothing separates them but 2 tenths of a second. Everything besides the speed now I'll take about Wiggins. Especially the fact that he knows how raw he is. He takes coaching in like a sponge and waits anxiously for more. His attitude is great. He wants to succeed at the highest level but knows it's not about talking that ****. It's about production. Kids work ethic is great. Can't wait till he's a cane as I really think he'll surprise alot of people before it's said and done. Thorton is just your typical south Florida kid who excells at flag football. Nothing else to him.

So if he produces this season will that change your mind? Guys from south FL emerge all the time. There's no reason to think Thornton can't improve in what ever area's you say he lacks in. Wiggins can take all the coaching he wants but if he isn't fast enough it won't matter.

So if he produces this season will that change your mind? Guys from south FL emerge all the time. There's no reason to think Thornton can't improve in what ever area's you say he lacks in. Wiggins can take all the coaching he wants but if he isn't fast enough it won't matter.

A 10.9 is more than fast enough for a 6’3 175-180 pound receiver

Advertisement
Didn't Thornton look good vs AH this year, which has the best group of DBs in the nation..?

Can you tell us when Booker T. Washington played American Heritage? I already know the answer, I'm just asking for a friend.

As per usual, a Gaytor fan gets his schedules confused.

Advertisement
Have Wiggins and Hightower outperformed Thornton on the field?

Statistics would say "yes".

Thornton had 12 catches for 206 yards and 3 TDs in 2015 and 2016 combined.

Wiggins had 15 catches for 253 yards and 3 TDs in 2015 (I believe he was injured in 2016).

Hightower had 13 catches for 366 yards and 4 TDs in 2016.

So...yeah...they have outperformed Thornton on the field.

Wiggins is plenty fast. He's in high school running a 4.5 from what I've been told. His speed will get better & even more importantly his explosivness will get better. Besides that feel free to look at what recievers routinely run & you'll see a 4.5 isn't an issue at all. Especially if it's between a diva & him... Nothing will change that for me. Facts are for what we're looking for we just don't need him.

Have Wiggins and Hightower outperformed Thornton on the field?

I'm gonna treat this as a genuine question even though I remember some of our words before. So since you asked the question I'll simply answer it with my nephews stats 2015 = 71 catches 1864yards & 14 tds. Average catch 18.9 yards & he's running a 4.41 on a regular at 6-4 215 ... drops the Mic.

Wiggins is plenty fast. He's in high school running a 4.5 from what I've been told. His speed will get better & even more importantly his explosivness will get better. Besides that feel free to look at what recievers routinely run & you'll see a 4.5 isn't an issue at all. Especially if it's between a diva & him... Nothing will change that for me. Facts are for what we're looking for we just don't need him.

You don't know for a fact he ran 4.5 somebody told you that. I know what NFL type receivers run and I'd like to see Wiggins get a lil faster myself.

I also would never say we don't need a guy. If Thornton becomes an NFL type somewhere else we certainly could have used him. **** I remember guys around here saying we didn't need Teddy Bridgewater and we were fine with some scrub from Texas, Gary crow etc. Miami needs difference and I hope Wiggins becomes that but Thornton looks like he could be emerging into one and you claim we don't need him. Doesn't make any sense.

Advertisement

You don't know for a fact he ran 4.5 somebody told you that. I know what NFL type receivers run and I'd like to see Wiggins get a lil faster myself.

I also would never say we don't need a guy. If Thornton becomes an NFL type somewhere else we certainly could have used him. **** I remember guys around here saying we didn't need Teddy Bridgewater and we were fine with some scrub from Texas, Gary crow etc. Miami needs difference and I hope Wiggins becomes that but Thornton looks like he could be emerging into one and you claim we don't need him. Doesn't make any sense.

What doesn't make sense is you're arguing for a gators commit who lacks the production of the people you're comparing him to. Far as who told me he's running a 4.5 how does Pete bommarito & ton dugans sound? Good enough for you? Who TOLD YOU THORTON IS A LEGIT 4.3? Don't be a hypocrite here bruh. #1 Wiggins on field production is superior to thorton. #2 he's a kid who doesn't have developed muscles. Of course he's going to get faster. That's what god intends for teenagers. As their body's mature it peaks in what it puts out. The problem with your analogy is in this instance Wiggins is teddy while thorton is gray crow.. can't have it both ways. Because the only one who has on field in pads production is Wiggins.

What doesn't make sense is you're arguing for a gators commit who lacks the production of the people you're comparing him to. Far as who told me he's running a 4.5 how does Pete bommarito & ton dugans sound? Good enough for you? Who TOLD YOU THORTON IS A LEGIT 4.3? Don't be a hypocrite here bruh. #1 Wiggins on field production is superior to thorton. #2 he's a kid who doesn't have developed muscles. Of course he's going to get faster. That's what god intends for teenagers. As their body's mature it peaks in what it puts out. The problem with your analogy is in this instance Wiggins is teddy while thorton is gray crow.. can't have it both ways. Because the only one who has on field in pads production is Wiggins.

Where there **** did I say Thornton ran a 4.3? you just made that up. 10.5 100m says he's faster than Wiggins. That's a fact. Isn't that what you said you were looking for? Lmao. word of mouth is "facts" with you (((yawn))) Numerous examples of guys who produced in HS but didn't do chit in college boss so you can save that sorry *** idea. I asked you a simple question and you can't answer so that's that.

Can you tell us when Booker T. Washington played American Heritage? I already know the answer, I'm just asking for a friend.

The **** u talking about bruh? They played in the preseason classic

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.miamiherald.com/sports/high-school/prep-broward/article168127692.html

Advertisement

Where there **** did I say Thornton ran a 4.3? you just made that up. 10.5 100m says he's faster than Wiggins. That's a fact. Isn't that what you said you were looking for? Lmao. word of mouth is "facts" with you (((yawn))) Numerous examples of guys who produced in HS but didn't do chit in college boss so you can save that sorry *** idea. I asked you a simple question and you can't answer so that's that.

I never once said Wiggins is faster than thorton. I said Wiggins is fast enough & he produces on the field & that's more than I can say for thorton. Far as the rest goes it's not what your saying. I answered your question so I don't know what else I can tell you.maybe you're not aware who Pete bommarito & Ron dugans are... That's not word of mouth. You're confused if you think that's what I'm looking for. Enough of this for me simply falls back to production & which one is a canes commit.

I never once said Wiggins is faster than thorton. I said Wiggins is fast enough & he produces on the field & that's more than I can say for thorton. Far as the rest goes it's not what your saying. I answered your question so I don't know what else I can tell you.maybe you're not aware who Pete bommarito & Ron dugans are... That's not word of mouth. You're confused if you think that's what I'm looking for. Enough of this for me simply falls back to production & which one is a canes commit.

At this point trolling is the only option for someone to swing that hard from the butts of a gaytor. Brooklyn you can't educate people who's mission is to spew bull****.

The **** u talking about bruh? They played in the preseason classic

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.miamiherald.com/sports/high-school/prep-broward/article168127692.html

Yeah, you moron, it was a PRESEASON game that didn't count. And Surtain was out of the game early.

So now we are trying to make Thornton look great off of a couple of preseason catches against a team missing its best CB?

That's the thing, idiots who talk out of their rectums will use vague statements about how Thornton "looked good" against "American Heritage" without talking about details such as Surtain's injury, the preseason nature of the game, the fact that the QB threw 5 interceptions (2 pick-6 INTs), etc. Nope, nothing besides "Thornton looked good" when going against AH second-stringers.

Yeah, we should really go after this kid because he caught a couple of balls in the preseason against AH's second string. Amazing.

Advertisement
Back