Thornton interested again?

Advertisement
What really baffles me is why this **** is posted here... him considering us again? Not gonna go into semantics but it was explained he was never a target we locked on to. He was a kid we talked to & said we want to see more out of. We want to see how his season goes. We want to see more versatility. At that point well talk commitment. In case nobody's realized kid has looked real basic... yes undoubtedly I have a high standard but hit don't come close to matching it. Hos production at this level is no better than Wiggins (who's upside physically is insane) who our own fan base questions why we hold on to his commitment yet a poor man's version of him has fans drooling for him. Come on guys. Well be ok.

not gonna lie the % schtick is pretty lame, why do we have recruits who are supposedly "committed" trying to one-up each other

Advertisement
What really baffles me is why this **** is posted here... him considering us again? Not gonna go into semantics but it was explained he was never a target we locked on to. He was a kid we talked to & said we want to see more out of. We want to see how his season goes. We want to see more versatility. At that point well talk commitment. In case nobody's realized kid has looked real basic... yes undoubtedly I have a high standard but hit don't come close to matching it. Hos production at this level is no better than Wiggins (who's upside physically is insane) who our own fan base questions why we hold on to his commitment yet a poor man's version of him has fans drooling for him. Come on guys. Well be ok.

Tell em Dee!!

I thought we offered Thornton?

Advertisement

I don't think we need this kid even if he wanted to come.with the class we have and who we have coming this was a spot for someone like a Marshall not some marginal kid.

This kid is ALL **** so why talk about him.

He sucks,the **** sucks,and he will spend 4 years sucking in that offense.

You have to offer kids in your back yard to keep local coaches happy. Part of the game.

Elijah was also offered, along with John Huggins in Daytona.

You have to offer kids in your back yard to keep local coaches happy. Part of the game.

Ok. So I guess that's when we get into committable vs. non-committable offers and this would fall into the latter. Thanks.

Last edited:

Yes we offered him. There's semantics involved when it comes to an offer to show interest & an offer cause we want a kid committed asap. We showed we were seriously interested in seeing more out of him & if it matched the parameters we set forth we'd accept a commitment. He tried to commit to us twice already. Nobody wants to hear it but most offers have parameters included in them. Some say continue to match said standards others say get here...

Advertisement

Y'all coming Saturday? I'm debating picking B up & coming. I'll definitely be there though.

Y'all coming Saturday? I'm debating picking B up & coming. I'll definitely be there though.

Naw, we have plans on Saturday.

Advertisement

I think most fans are just enamored by his "4.3" speed and recent 7-on-7 production. Wiggins is the same size and probably more polished but does not have the "4.3" speed.

Just curious as to why you say Thornton is a poor mans version of Wiggins. @ brooklyndee

Because thorton hasn't produced anywhere but camps and 7 on 7. He tries to be physical but he's not & nothing separates them but 2 tenths of a second. Everything besides the speed now I'll take about Wiggins. Especially the fact that he knows how raw he is. He takes coaching in like a sponge and waits anxiously for more. His attitude is great. He wants to succeed at the highest level but knows it's not about talking that ****. It's about production. Kids work ethic is great. Can't wait till he's a cane as I really think he'll surprise alot of people before it's said and done. Thorton is just your typical south Florida kid who excells at flag football. Nothing else to him.

Don't want , tired of his bs . We don't need another wr

I'm not even sure there is any BS. Doesn't seem like anyone but this board thought there was interest either way. He wants to be a gayter, and the staff doesn't seem to care, so I'm not sure why people keep bringing him up.

Advertisement
Back