Thomas making visit to FSU per Warchant (Updated 12/27)

Advertisement
Of course. Anything is possible. That is the nature of recruiting. In all honesty it's been hard to get a real good reading on Mathew. His folks would like him to play close to home, but that does not automatically mean he'll chose to do so. I'm still leaning toward him selecting us.

Just curious. Do any of you cats even remotely entertain the notion that 6 could choose FSU?

Most of the people on here who are extremely confident on Thomas are usually really level headed posters so I feel confident that there is info out there that Thomas is a Cane. There was already so much stacked in our favor to begin with. Then you add in recent developments and it's got to be too much for the noles to overcome.

Let them listen to their version of Baghdad Bob, Mr. Langston. Dude is a clown.

Anytime you have some family things involved, you can never be 100% sure. He of course could end up a Nole, but I know where I would put my money if I were a betting man. Coley was the finishing touch, despite what was said.

They are on the visit high....it's understandable. What I find interesting is Baka's take on the situation. You know he's getting his info from Amy Campbell, and she's been pretty successful getting info from Thomas.

Advertisement
They are on the visit high....it's understandable. What I find interesting is Baka's take on the situation. You know he's getting his info from Amy Campbell, and she's been pretty successful getting info from Thomas.

Pete says 75% on the low, so I'm going with him on 6. Anyway Warslant is going to write articles that say they have a shot to drum up interest.

Just curious. Do any of you cats even remotely entertain the notion that 6 could choose FSU?

Absolutely. But not because of that propaganda piece written by Sling Blade.

There's probably a 20% chance, at best, that a BTW kid heavily recruited by Miami goes to FSU. Thomas may be the 1 guy in 5 who turns aside the chance to play in front of friends and family. It's certainly possible.

Advertisement

Yeah and according to her it's a Miami/Bama battle with FSU way behind. Shrug.

The only way I could see 6 going to FSU is if he's just dead-set on getting out of Miami, and I haven't heard anything that suggests that. Nothing else makes sense to me.

Other potential factors:

1. Money -- I honestly don't think this is a factor with him. If it were, he'd already be signed, sealed, delivered to Bama.

2. His brother -- He goes to TCC and supposedly is transferring to FSU. I understand wanting to go to school with his brother, but I don't think that's a deciding factor.

3. Sanctions -- The 2nd self-imposed bowl ban and the recent developments should help quell concerns about the sanctions affecting his chance to win in college.

4. Playing time -- 6 will play wherever he goes.

5. Pipeline to the NFL -- 6 will get to the NFL wherever he goes.

6. Coaches -- FSU's staff is in flux, and his chief recruiter just switched sides. And in terms of likeability, Golden v. Fisher is a rout.

7. Competitiveness -- FSU is marginally ahead of us, and that will probably change next year, as we have 20 starters back, and FSU is breaking in a new QB.

8. Familiarity -- FSU can try to preach the family angle, but that's a serious losing battle. He's from Miami, his boys are from Miami, and his coach is a diehard Canes fan.

9. Mama -- Despite the Whoreslant puff piece, his mom has wanted him at Miami from jump. Remember the "Mom says Miami" tweet?

Add it all up, and I can't see 6 going up there UNLESS he just has his heart set on leaving home for school.

That's understandable, but I haven't seen any evidence that that's the case.

Advertisement

Absolutely. But not because of that propaganda piece written by Sling Blade.

There's probably a 20% chance, at best, that a BTW kid heavily recruited by Miami goes to FSU. Thomas may be the 1 guy in 5 who turns aside the chance to play in front of friends and family. It's certainly possible.
259.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back