Thomas making visit to FSU per Warchant (Updated 12/27)

BigCaneAl

Senior
Premium
I know there is a thread for 6 rumors, but figured this deserved it's own since this appears confirmed. They expect him there this afternoon, and his host will be Christian Jones.

They also seem somewhat optimistic about their chances with Thomas (and Kirkland) since Thomas is still making the visit.

Update: Warchant reporting Mom is with him, and that "they are hearing encouraging news"

Langston Update:

As covered earlier tonight I expect 5 star LB Matthew Thomas to be on campus right now.

However the bigger news I'm told is that the FSU side is confident that they sit in very good position with the top LB prospect. I did so more digging because this surprised me. Then I checked with my best source with Thomas and they have told me that Matt's mother wants Thomas at FSU. The reason is Jimbo Fisher - because of the comfort she has in him with his character and how she feels he looks after Matt.

In fact out of every coach, I'm told he is clearly her favorite. Just today alone she called him twice to talk about the visit. I'm not ready to put FSU in front solidly in fron, but I'm starting to turn. I still think Fisher, Pruitt and Kelly need to finish strong, but certainly a change in momentum here guys.

---see last post for 12/27 update.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I give them credit, they think they are getting everyone even in the face of a complete meltdown.

lulz their signing day meltdown is going to be epic. Especially when Thomas comes out and says that he was deciding between Alabama and UM the entire time.

They are going to use the Coley left excuse u already know that. Kinda sux for the fact that AG and this staff recruited the **** out of 6 kirK Coley and Collins etc. These kids were coming here before the hire but Coley put up a fight though but it was a losing battle and that must of worked in our favor when he took the job.

Advertisement
IMO, he still has serious interest in FSU. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I still have a bad feeling about him & Kirkland

Advertisement
Kid sticks by his word.

Wanted to cancel USC trip but stuck with it because he promised them. I'm fine with it.

If you're an uncommitted recruit, you should take all of your visits. Free vacation where you get treated like a king with ***** everywhere. I can't hate on that.

Advertisement
I had no idea Coley was Thomas' main recruiter till a just looked it up on Rivals.

We Skate!

Advertisement
I dont think coley leaving will impact his decision as much as you guys think. Its one assistant coach who wouldnt even be coaching him when he got there.

Advertisement
Back