Thomas making visit to FSU per Warchant (Updated 12/27)

From Barry Jackson

### Recruiting analyst Charles Fishbein said he believes Miami’s hiring of former FSU assistant James Coley as offensive coordinator has elevated UM from an underdog to the favorite to land Booker T. Washington linebacker Matthew Thomas and offensive tackle Denver Kirkland, rated among the top 10 nationally at their positions. “Thomas’ best relationship is with Coley,” Fishbein said. Fishbein favors Arkansas in the battle for elite running back Alex Collins, but UM believes it has a strong chance.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/

Advertisement
It's hilarious....they worship him too..."thanks Mike, you're the best" etc....but this post, can't even make this **** up.

"Excellent stuff. I love seeing this before going to bed. Makes my dreams even better."

Scary ****.

Infirm message board posters tend to worship those who bring info whether it's legit or not. Happens everywhere.

Ok, here you go....Langston bringing the lulz. Just an FYI every one of these I have read is the same....perfect visit, part of the team...etc. I think he has a template. This one is longer than any other I have seen though.

- My last deed of the night will be a recap of how things are going so far with the visits guys. I will get into each prospects with great detail about how the visits are going and the impressions being made and even a few neat stories thrown in here and there that I've heard during the visits.

I will come out firing with the one you want to know about and that's how the visit is going for f-ive-star LB Matthew Thomas? Well one source close to Matt has told me so far this visit is "perfection". What does that mean? Well for Jimbo Fisher, he's done a lot of homework on what is vital for the visit. Fisher has been attached with Thomas' Mom a lot of the time this weekend. Fisher spent time talking about things nothing to do with football like favorite music, desserts and how he has to keep the entire family happy or he's not happy. Immediately when Matt's Mom arrived, she had a big smile on her face when seeing Coach Fisher in greeting him with a hug.

Fisher, along with Jeremy Pruitt, Charles Kelly spent a lot of time with Thomas, along with his Mother getting a close look at the campus, but Matt only for a little while as FSU knew that Thomas had already seen this before so they let him take off with the other players. While Thomas does a good poker job with his answers in talking about each school we are told he's very comfortable with the players with some of them feeling we are told that he's acting like part of the team in talking about the dorms, what it would be like there and when the team watched film talking about what he's going to do in that situation at FSU in attacking the pistol formation sets and how to read them as a linebacker. Probably one of the best parts for Seminole fans was when the players all put on the Jerseys late in the afternoon today in the lockerroom and his Mom said "I like the way that looks. Just the way it should be".

As far as hosts we haven't gotten the exact name of Matt's host because we are told this has been a huge joint effort by alot of the players. Probably as many as 6 players have helped in hosting Matt. Lamarcus Joyner has done most of the stuff though in talking Thomas out on the night life with FSU, showing him the ropes as a student athlete and even shared some concerns Joyner had as a freshman, another five star coming into Tallahassee. Joyner told him in paraphrasing that it was the best move for him in his life because it's like a family and he doesn't have to worry about distractions and just feels comfortable with everything. Nothing is out of reach in just about everything being in driving distance. I'm also told that Matt's brother, who attends TCC also joined in on the visit and being around his brother again you could also see the comfort in Matt around family. Thomas, also watched the Senior bowl with Fisher, Pruitt, Kelly. Thomas eyes lit up a few times Vince Williams made some hits. Fisher said "That's what you like to do the best right Matt?" and he responded "Yes sir and they both laughed". In summary I would expect a pretty positive report tomorrow as Thomas even opened up spending time with the Fisher kids Ethan, Trey who both apparently know recruiting too as they took a liking to Thomas as well.

That was the most poorly written piece of prose I've ever personally read. How does this guy have a job?

He feeds his readers what they want to hear. So, they love him. If he wrote realistic information in Pulitzer Prize-winning style and form, then he'd be without a job.

Same ol same ol "insider" posting.

Make your claims, get your readers pumped up etc.

Then when you are wrong fall back on the same "guys things happened that I can't give details on but trust me....someone else did something dirty". Maybe one or two guys call you out on it but all you have to do is continue to make the easy calls and a few wrongs here and there won't be enough to lift the fog.

From Barry Jackson

### Recruiting analyst Charles Fishbein said he believes Miami’s hiring of former FSU assistant James Coley as offensive coordinator has elevated UM from an underdog to the favorite to land Booker T. Washington linebacker Matthew Thomas and offensive tackle Denver Kirkland, rated among the top 10 nationally at their positions. “Thomas’ best relationship is with Coley,” Fishbein said. Fishbein favors Arkansas in the battle for elite running back Alex Collins, but UM believes it has a strong chance.

**** Fish....seriously. He takes most of his info from Warchant and bashes us constantly in their.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I just want to know, if she is at the visit with Thomas, why is she calling jimbo to talk to him?

Same ol same ol "insider" posting.

Make your claims, get your readers pumped up etc.

Then when you are wrong fall back on the same "guys things happened that I can't give details on but trust me....someone else did something dirty". Maybe one or two guys call you out on it but all you have to do is continue to make the easy calls and a few wrongs here and there won't be enough to lift the fog.

You ain't kidding. If a guy has a reasonable amount of cunning, and his readers are starved for information, then he can play the fake insider game forever. My favorite fake insider back pedal is "Recruiting is fluid. Things change. When I brought you that info it was accurate." That model is undefeated for duping rubes.

I remember when Big Conch was toying with info-starved folks on Greasy's board. He had the great majority of posters eating out of his hand (of course, they'd deny it now out of shame). Then, someone from Greasy axed me to figure out who the Big Conch character was (I was posting somewhere else at the time and had no idea Big Conch even existed), and within 5 minutes of reading his posts I informed the guy that Big Conch was actually RJ Hustle, who was a character that they had banned several times over the years for trolling and making up fake info. His original RJ Hustle character was a 60 year old Dartmouth grad, who owned fried chicken restaurants, and had a penchant for wearing green chinchilla coats. Meanwhile, the real RJ was a 22 year old college student at the time.

Advertisement
His mom, who is a Cane fan to the point that see was walking around the UA practices dolled out head to toe in Cane gear, told MT6 "I like the way that looks. Just the way it should be" when she saw him try on a Nole jersey.

Yeah, makes perfect sense....

Let me tell ya, I've never seen anyone like this Langston character. He is by far the WOAT.

Ok, here you go....Langston bringing the lulz. Just an FYI every one of these I have read is the same....perfect visit, part of the team...etc. I think he has a template. This one is longer than any other I have seen though.

- My last deed of the night will be a recap of how things are going so far with the visits guys. I will get into each prospects with great detail about how the visits are going and the impressions being made and even a few neat stories thrown in here and there that I've heard during the visits.

I will come out firing with the one you want to know about and that's how the visit is going for f-ive-star LB Matthew Thomas? Well one source close to Matt has told me so far this visit is "perfection". What does that mean? Well for Jimbo Fisher, he's done a lot of homework on what is vital for the visit. Fisher has been attached with Thomas' Mom a lot of the time this weekend. Fisher spent time talking about things nothing to do with football like favorite music, desserts and how he has to keep the entire family happy or he's not happy. Immediately when Matt's Mom arrived, she had a big smile on her face when seeing Coach Fisher in greeting him with a hug.

Fisher, along with Jeremy Pruitt, Charles Kelly spent a lot of time with Thomas, along with his Mother getting a close look at the campus, but Matt only for a little while as FSU knew that Thomas had already seen this before so they let him take off with the other players. While Thomas does a good poker job with his answers in talking about each school we are told he's very comfortable with the players with some of them feeling we are told that he's acting like part of the team in talking about the dorms, what it would be like there and when the team watched film talking about what he's going to do in that situation at FSU in attacking the pistol formation sets and how to read them as a linebacker. Probably one of the best parts for Seminole fans was when the players all put on the Jerseys late in the afternoon today in the lockerroom and his Mom said "I like the way that looks. Just the way it should be".

As far as hosts we haven't gotten the exact name of Matt's host because we are told this has been a huge joint effort by alot of the players. Probably as many as 6 players have helped in hosting Matt. Lamarcus Joyner has done most of the stuff though in talking Thomas out on the night life with FSU, showing him the ropes as a student athlete and even shared some concerns Joyner had as a freshman, another five star coming into Tallahassee. Joyner told him in paraphrasing that it was the best move for him in his life because it's like a family and he doesn't have to worry about distractions and just feels comfortable with everything. Nothing is out of reach in just about everything being in driving distance. I'm also told that Matt's brother, who attends TCC also joined in on the visit and being around his brother again you could also see the comfort in Matt around family. Thomas, also watched the Senior bowl with Fisher, Pruitt, Kelly. Thomas eyes lit up a few times Vince Williams made some hits. Fisher said "That's what you like to do the best right Matt?" and he responded "Yes sir and they both laughed". In summary I would expect a pretty positive report tomorrow as Thomas even opened up spending time with the Fisher kids Ethan, Trey who both apparently know recruiting too as they took a liking to Thomas as well.

Is this guy even literate?
261.gif

Advertisement
From Barry Jackson

lulz at UM being underdogs with all before the Coley coup.

A
From Barry Jackson

lulz at UM being underdogs with all before the Coley coup.

Alex had bacon for breakfast = Arkansas lock:ibisroflmao:

Last edited:
Warchant is a cult. Even rationale Nole fans mock that place. It all comes from Gene Williams (aka Dot Com). Anyone here remember his quest to get UF put on probation during the Zook years? Dude had a huge "expose" he hyped up for months in advance that ended up being a bunch of FSU recruits saying UF called them during the dead period. Then he tried claiming he had pics of Zook illegally speaking to recruits during the atate title. He was so god**** butthurt over the way Zook owned Bowden on the recruiting trail.

Warchant was the foundation for so much BS over the years. The "rainbow offense," "wyatt sexton has lyme disease" etc etc

Advertisement
Josh Newberg ‏@joshnewberg247
Ryan Green on 5-Star LB Matthew Thomas after their visits to #FSU "Oh I definitely think we're going to get him" -

I'm just glad LaMarcus Joyner was doing the heavy lifting. Guy is a world class dbag, can't imagine that helps FSU's cause.

Advertisement
Back