This says it all about the Golden philosophy:

Not really surprising. D$ mentioned who D'Ono's favorite/ideal player was: Jaiqauqn Jarrett.

We didn't even need to know that, as we could see with our own eyes what our former staff valued by the guys who'd get PT.

Advertisement
Usain bolt would be a great safety by your logic. It is More than just athletism. You post a video of the u greatest athlete ever, they don't grow on trees. Does Ed reed scream athletism?

Ed Reed wasn't a great athlete...

Destrehan...an All-State and All-County selection at defensive back and as a kick returner...New Orleans Times-Picayune District Most Valuable Defensive Player...totaled 83 tackles, seven interceptions, three fumbles caused and 12 passes defended his senior year...also saw action at running back and quarterback...returned three punts for touchdowns...state qualifier in the javelin and 4x100 relay...long jumped over 24 feet and triple jumped over 46...averaged 20 points as member of basketball team as a senior...coached by Scott Martin.

Also won Big East title in javelin throw.

Not a great athlete though...

S Ed Reed, 2002
Drill: 40-Yard Dash
Analysis: By posting a 4.57 40-yard dash, Reed didn’t appear to be the explosive athlete he has proven to be over the past nine years. While that’s not a slow time, it’s off the pace of usual elite defensive backs. It’s unknown whether his 40-time affected why the likely future Hall of Famer wasn’t selected until 24th overall, but it certainly could have. Check the college tape below, however, and you’ll see the same playmaking ability Reed has exhibited in the pros.
Quote: “Once you’re on the field, it’s a totally different speed as far as running. You have to be quick as well as fast. I’m not the fastest guy, which everyone knows, but I’ve kept up with some fast guys like Phillip Buchanon and Mike Rumph. If you cut the tape on, you’ll see me keeping up with everyone, no problem at all.” – Reed to Scout.com (2002)
Video: Reed Miami highlights | Reed’s halftime speech at Miami

That's called instinct. Reeds Greatest attribute is instinct.

Usain bolt would be a great safety by your logic. It is More than just athletism. You post a video of the u greatest athlete ever, they don't grow on trees. Does Ed reed scream athletism?

Ed Reed wasn't a great athlete...

Destrehan...an All-State and All-County selection at defensive back and as a kick returner...New Orleans Times-Picayune District Most Valuable Defensive Player...totaled 83 tackles, seven interceptions, three fumbles caused and 12 passes defended his senior year...also saw action at running back and quarterback...returned three punts for touchdowns...state qualifier in the javelin and 4x100 relay...long jumped over 24 feet and triple jumped over 46...averaged 20 points as member of basketball team as a senior...coached by Scott Martin.

Also won Big East title in javelin throw.

Not a great athlete though...

S Ed Reed, 2002
Drill: 40-Yard Dash
Analysis: By posting a 4.57 40-yard dash, Reed didn’t appear to be the explosive athlete he has proven to be over the past nine years. While that’s not a slow time, it’s off the pace of usual elite defensive backs. It’s unknown whether his 40-time affected why the likely future Hall of Famer wasn’t selected until 24th overall, but it certainly could have. Check the college tape below, however, and you’ll see the same playmaking ability Reed has exhibited in the pros.
Quote: “Once you’re on the field, it’s a totally different speed as far as running. You have to be quick as well as fast. I’m not the fastest guy, which everyone knows, but I’ve kept up with some fast guys like Phillip Buchanon and Mike Rumph. If you cut the tape on, you’ll see me keeping up with everyone, no problem at all.” – Reed to Scout.com (2002)
Video: Reed Miami highlights | Reed’s halftime speech at Miami

That's called instinct. Reeds Greatest attribute is instinct.

It's also short area quickness. In today's game, it's probably more important than long-speed for DB prospects.

Is he athletic. Yes.
Is he an elite athlete. No.
Is he one of the most elite safety to play the game called football. Yes

Advertisement
BTW...WTF was Paul Williams doing?

The guy is sitting in the parking lot when they are discussing safeties.

Is he athletic. Yes.
Is he an elite athlete. No.
Is he one of the most elite safety to play the game called football. Yes

He's right on the edge of being the best FS I've ever seen, but perhaps I'm biased by the fact he's my favorite football player ever. A nod to Ronnie Lott, who I was lucky to watch and appreciate, but brought a different style. Lott was the superior athlete and genetic freak. He also played in an era with less offensive complexity.

Both were 8x all-Pro players, which is insane.

bbcane: no one is saying the player has to be ST or Usain Bolt.

Instead, it's that you can't bring in a kid who is slow or stiff simply on the grounds that "he understands the position". That's a recipe for a mediocre club. You can always teach a kid technique, fundamentals, and the mental side. That's actually what coaching is, despite some who thinks its some magical scheme that certain coaches know.

But you cannot teach a kid to be a great athlete. Can't teach him to be fast or quick. To be clutch. To be hungry. To WANT to hit. To want to PUNISH QBs. Can't teach those things.

Miami is actually an easy job if you follow the very specific formula laid out by the great masters of coaching that came before. Comb the area for the hungriest, nastiest athletes regardless of position, and teach them the fundamentals of the game. It works every single time.

bbcane: no one is saying the player has to be ST or Usain Bolt.

Instead, it's that you can't bring in a kid who is slow or stiff simply on the grounds that "he understands the position". That's a recipe for a mediocre club. You can always teach a kid technique, fundamentals, and the mental side. That's actually what coaching is, despite some who thinks its some magical scheme that certain coaches know.

But you cannot teach a kid to be a great athlete. Can't teach him to be fast or quick. To be clutch. To be hungry. To WANT to hit. To want to PUNISH QBs. Can't teach those things.

Miami is actually an easy job if you follow the very specific formula laid out by the great masters of coaching that came before. Comb the area for the hungriest, nastiest athletes regardless of position, and teach them the fundamentals of the game. It works every single time.

Agreed.

Advertisement
These are the guys some want retained smh, Richt needs to clean house, these guys besides Hurlie just do not get it, if more than 2 staff members are kept that will be the first red flag against Richt. I also hope people will stop acting like Coley is the only coach in America that can find Qbs, like I said last year, dude needs to be let go. Anytime one has the chance to upgrade you take full advantage of it, just win and recruits will come, especially now with the base of our class being solid, Richt staff hires will tell us a lot.

Advertisement
A....N...D.....hence the reason these b!tches are getting fired and will never anywhere else again. By b!tches i mean Dorito Chips and Al fuggin golden and the rest of their fuggin minions.

How can someone who has never won **** be so fuggin arrogant? Someone slap the fug out of dorito with a greasy box of hot pizza and get him the fug out of south florida.

Mark...December 27th will be your last taste of big college football....enjoy it because your stupid retarded, jerzey educated...penn state molested *** will never taste this ever again.

Wow! This video explains it all. All I can do is laugh! We only had 1 guy saying something like, "This kid is NOT a safety at the Univ. of Miami." The rest of these clowns just sat there with straight faces. Off with their heads!

Advertisement
Well that made it so easy. Keep Hurlie Brown & show EVERY single other person in that room the door. Im embarrassed those ******* clowns ever got to wear that U. Thank GOD its almost over!

BTW...WTF was Paul Williams doing?

The guy is sitting in the parking lot when they are discussing safeties.

I'm not yet convinced Paul Williams is a real human being. I think he's D'Nofrio's dry flesh puppet.

Meh, Golden is gone. I'm ready to ***** about this Richt dude. Mutha fugga has even won a game yet. What's up with that?

Advertisement
Back