This says it all about the Golden philosophy:

You can tell Beard was a slow *** player because he bristled at the idea that Hurlie didn't think the guy had enough speed to play at UM. Funny thing is that dude's offer list is mostly teams like Dartmouth, and then you have UM sticking out like a sore thumb. Beard is another "yes man".

Beard likely said no offer. Coley, dorito, williams, and scott all said he's an offer. If I had to guess that last spot 'offer' was from Randy Melvin or Ice

Beard looked like he thought Hurlie stepped in a pile of **** when he was giving him the stink eye and questioning him along the lines of "are we evaluating speed or whether he can play football?". Watch the video again. Beard sure looked like he was right on board with the group think.

He could've been irritated by the speed comment but it is still likely he was one of the four coaches who said no offer.

Advertisement
Actually I just watch the video, and I refuse to agree with no d. So forget everything I postEd

I cringed watching their responses to Doritos and his pontificating about their best safeties, AT TEMPLE!

I will say this. When recruiting the first question should be can he get there. The second should be can he make the play when he's there. That involves athleticism. Then you get into instincts Imo. At safety you don't want one without the other ideally

Advertisement
Ed reed didn't have speed? How many returns did he have for tds? His instincts was his best trait, but to say he doesn't scream athleticism is going to far.... Dude was quick as ****.... Only safety I ever seen shake the **** out of someone who was behind him

Coley looked pretty **** bad in that video. "It's interesting that you say that. That's SO true."

BULLSHAT smh

One of the best comments on that YouTube video was: "4.8. Not a thumper. End of discussion."

If you run 4.8, you better be John Lynch.

Advertisement
Franchise I hear you but ..........

Golden Hired Kevin Beard
Golden Hired Hurlie Brown
Golden Hired Ice Harris

Barrow was kept on staff and then parted ways due to philosophical differences

It aint hard to understand why the Dyck sucking of Golden happened, I hate Golden and if i was on that staff I would suck dyck too S Im sure Macho could tell you its all about relationships and who you know in coaching if you wanna get a job

The part where they said he didn't miss any tackles. He got the guy on the ground.
ITS A HIGHLIGHT TAPE! No **** he isn't missing tackles on a highlight tape.

[video=youtube_share;OUNDZkWYqjA]https://youtu.be/OUNDZkWYqjA[/video]

First of all, it reeks of a yes man staff that all just agrees with a predetermined opinion made by Golden/Donofrio. Guys that are just happy to have the jobs at a school they have no business. Ice is a complete moron, Scott is an *** kisser, Corley might have 2 total brain cells, and D'Onofrio is a know it all who basically controlled the dialogue to fit his ideal of a Safety.

The only guy in that room who actually understands Miami football is Hurlie Brown. That man saw INSTANTLY that the player they were evaluating doesn't have the explosive athleticism required to play at Miami. He understands, as most long time fans do, that Miami was built not by recruiting the best high school players, but the best athletes, and finding a position that maximized their speed.

You cannot coach speed and athleticism. Hurlie is the ONLY ONE IN THE ROOM that gets that. It's why you have Dallas Crawford starting. B/c Crawford "knows how to make the checks and can read run pass". Well guess what ********, it's your job to teach players how to do that and if they can't THATS ON YOU.

What you DON'T do at the U of Miami is go out and recruit a kid b/c he has better coaching and a better staff, despite a lack of athleticism. It's completely counter to the very identity that built our program. For fvcks sake Warren Sapp was a goddam FULLBACK. Sean Taylor was a running back who played DB but I am CERTAIN could not tell you how to pattern match robber coverage in high school. But guess what, ANYONE CAN LEARN HOW TO MAKE READS. A FIVE YEAR OLD CAN BE TAUGHT HOW TO BACKPEDDLE.

But not everyone is born with the physical gifts to play like this, and that's what matters most:
[video=youtube;NAkjHS1kXpQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAkjHS1kXpQ[/video]

love how hurlie was looking out of the corner of his eyes, chewing on that piece of bubblicious hella hard, w/ that subtle rocking of the head while No D was talking, like "ninja, what is u talking about?!"

The part where they said he didn't miss any tackles. He got the guy on the ground.
ITS A HIGHLIGHT TAPE! No **** he isn't missing tackles on a highlight tape.

simple, yet a complex concept to these goof balls. Can't WAIT for them to bounce.

Advertisement
Franchise I hear you but ..........

Golden Hired Kevin Beard
Golden Hired Hurlie Brown
Golden Hired Ice Harris

Barrow was kept on staff and then parted ways due to philosophical differences

It aint hard to understand why the Dyck sucking of Golden happened, I hate Golden and if i was on that staff I would suck dyck too S Im sure Macho could tell you its all about relationships and who you know in coaching if you wanna get a job

With the exceptions of Jed Fisch and James Coley, the people Golden hired were all getting promotions to the Big Leagues.

All of the other guys owed him!

McDonald had been fired from Cleveland and was unemployed. Terry Richardson could have gone to Maryland with Edsall, but chose Miami. Ice, Beard, Hurlie, Carroll, Scott, and Melvin were all taking a big step up in program and pay to come to Miami. And, obviously, the Temple crew hit the lottery by coming with Al. Even Kehoe was unemployed when Al brought him back.

It's no surprise the staff were "yes men", and no surprise we got the results we got with Golden.

Last edited:
What was more striking about that video was guys like Coley and Lice going along with it with a "yeah, you right, boss" answer.

coley was the worst, by far. the whole, "that's what i had written down" after No D opened up his mouth. That was so frustrating to see. Coaching staffs become better when great minds come together, not just b/c there are a whole bunch of yes men!

I want someone (not me) to knife D'No in an alley somewhere after watching that. And honestly. Fire everyone in that room EXCEPT Hurlie Brown.

Richt's last meeting with No-D... Bowels Out.

[video=youtube_share;JuCQxZM2hKA]https://youtu.be/JuCQxZM2hKA[/video]

Advertisement
Ed reed didn't have speed? How many returns did he have for tds? His instincts was his best trait, but to say he doesn't scream athleticism is going to far.... Dude was quick as ****.... Only safety I ever seen shake the **** out of someone who was behind him

held the longest TD return in NFL history for a minute and was always a threat to take it to the house both at the collegiate and NFL level everytime he picked off the ball. Had this debate w/ a 9er fan and he even concluded that Reed was the best safety he ever saw, even over Lott b/c of Reed's ability to house it each time he had the ball in his hand. But had ST had a full life, he more than likely would've been the best safety i've witnessed. But Reed was plenty athletic and uber instinctive.

Usain bolt would be a great safety by your logic. It is More than just athletism. You post a video of the u greatest athlete ever, they don't grow on trees. Does Ed reed scream athletism?

Ed Reed wasn't a great athlete...

Destrehan...an All-State and All-County selection at defensive back and as a kick returner...New Orleans Times-Picayune District Most Valuable Defensive Player...totaled 83 tackles, seven interceptions, three fumbles caused and 12 passes defended his senior year...also saw action at running back and quarterback...returned three punts for touchdowns...state qualifier in the javelin and 4x100 relay...long jumped over 24 feet and triple jumped over 46...averaged 20 points as member of basketball team as a senior...coached by Scott Martin.

Also won Big East title in javelin throw.

Not a great athlete though...

LOL at that highlight reel being 14 minutes. I've seen comprehensive Michael Jordan career mixes shorter than that.

We can do without the plays where he struggles to run a 5'5" RB out of bounds because he can't get him to the ground.

Advertisement
Back