This says it all about the Golden philosophy:

hurlie was not happy. Scott acted ike a yes man. he agreed with Hurlie but then tried to come up wit ha reason D would offer. He had for say "non-offer" i bet Kehoe was one.

Advertisement
You can tell Beard was a slow *** player because he bristled at the idea that Hurlie didn't think the guy had enough speed to play at UM. Funny thing is that dude's offer list is mostly teams like Dartmouth, and then you have UM sticking out like a sore thumb. Beard is another "yes man".

Beard likely said no offer. Coley, dorito, williams, and scott all said he's an offer. If I had to guess that last spot 'offer' was from Randy Melvin or Ice

Beard looked like he thought Hurlie stepped in a pile of **** when he was giving him the stink eye and questioning him along the lines of "are we evaluating speed or whether he can play football?". Watch the video again. Beard sure looked like he was right on board with the group think.

I want someone (not me) to knife D'No in an alley somewhere after watching that. And honestly. Fire everyone in that room EXCEPT Hurlie Brown.

Look how excited Coach No D gets when he talks about the safety backpeddaling..."who cares if he runs a 4.8, can't cover, or tackle? Look at his footwork while he backpedals!"

SMH

one more game and he's out, Mike Leach will drop 60 points on his head as a parting gift.

Advertisement
I hope Richt watched this pathetic video and then watched the video of the recruit right afterward. Some 4.8 Safety with offers from Dartmouth and the like, and all those clowns were acting like Hurlie was nuts for questioning his athleticism. Richt should look at the video and immediately fire everyone except Hurlie.

Then, he should watch the video where Hurlie was claiming 9 wins was the new standard and something that should be celebrated at UM and immediately fire Hurlie.

[video=youtube_share;OUNDZkWYqjA]
[video=youtube;NAkjHS1kXpQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAkjHS1kXpQ[/video]

still can't believe i played against this guy in high school when he was at gulliver...i got hit a couple times by him too, you FELT those hits... he was a boy in a grown man's body smh

I hope Richt watched this pathetic video and then watched the video of the recruit right afterward. Some 4.8 Safety with offers from Dartmouth and the like, and all those clowns were acting like Hurlie was nuts for questioning his athleticism. Richt should look at the video and immediately fire everyone except Hurlie.

Then, he should watch the video where Hurlie was claiming 9 wins was the new standard and something that should be celebrated at UM and immediately fire Hurlie.

Hurlie is in a tough spot. He's crawled and inched his way to the spot he's at now for a long time. He doesn't want to jeopardize that by not toeing the company line so he does it publicly.

Advertisement

Franchise you have the follow the pillars of your boss..If he says 9 wins is unacceptable and we win 9.... The media goes in on Hurlie and Golden.... Even when you disagree with your boss you gotta follow orders..and when he asks your opinion you give it to him...you give the media the status quo line.. After hearing from the horses mouth with the barrow situation im with Hurlie offg general principle

Franchise you have the follow the pillars of your boss..If he says 9 wins is unacceptable and we win 9.... The media goes in on Hurlie and Golden.... Even when you disagree with your boss you gotta follow orders..and when he asks your opinion you give it to him...you give the media the status quo line.. After hearing from the horses mouth with the barrow situation im with Hurlie offg general principle

i agree. Hurlie made his point clear. yet he got ridiculed by Coach D. he took it on the chin like a professional

So Dallas was our starting safety pretty much because he is good at Madden?

In a sense yes. And I'm sure that goes for a ton of the defensive players and the players they recruited and the players they passed on. The very core of their philosophy went against what made Miami great. You have to wonder why the FVCK they were hired and why they would take a job that is so foreign to their way of thinking. Idiotic.

For those exact reasons. Stop thinking people make mistakes. Donna did not make a mistake. She WANTED the end of Hurricane football and hire coaches who would bring it about. She got exactly what she wanted. Our politicians are the same. FDR said "There are no coincidences in politics; if it happens someone planned it." Donna is a political animal and everything she did here was for political purposes. Al might not have "indented" to destroy hurricane football. He was just a prideful tool that Donna knew would do the job.

Advertisement

i agree. Hurlie made his point clear. yet he got ridiculed by Coach D. he took it on the chin like a professional

Hopefully, Hurlie keeps his job with Mark and can kick fat boy in the rear end as he heads out the door.

I follow where you're coming from on that. But did he have to wax sooooooo poetically on the joys of 9 wins? Did he have to go as far as he did telling the world just how great 9 wins was?

What's this horse's mouth stuff on Barrow's situation related to Hurlie?

Usain bolt would be a great safety by your logic. It is More than just athletism. You post a video of the u greatest athlete ever, they don't grow on trees. Does Ed reed scream athletism?

Advertisement
First time seeing this. Does this encapsulate all that was wrong during Golden era? Onofrio says the best players he ever seen at safety played safety.... what a idiot comment. So glad those jerks are gone or in his case on his way out.

Usain bolt would be a great safety by your logic. It is More than just athletism. You post a video of the u greatest athlete ever, they don't grow on trees. Does Ed reed scream athletism?

Uhhh... Yea ed reed does scream athleticism

and what was paul williams doing? he is the position coach and he's not sitting at the table? the level of arrogance and incompetency is without parallel

Uhhh... Yea ed reed does scream athleticism

What is his height weight and 40 time. Sean Taylor is extreme athleticism. Ed reeds number one trait as a safety is instincts.not height weight or speed

Advertisement
Back