This says it all about the Golden philosophy:

FullyERicht

Thunderdome
[video=youtube_share;OUNDZkWYqjA]https://youtu.be/OUNDZkWYqjA[/video]

First of all, it reeks of a yes man staff that all just agrees with a predetermined opinion made by Golden/Donofrio. Guys that are just happy to have the jobs at a school they have no business. Ice is a complete moron, Scott is an *** kisser, Corley might have 2 total brain cells, and D'Onofrio is a know it all who basically controlled the dialogue to fit his ideal of a Safety.

The only guy in that room who actually understands Miami football is Hurlie Brown. That man saw INSTANTLY that the player they were evaluating doesn't have the explosive athleticism required to play at Miami. He understands, as most long time fans do, that Miami was built not by recruiting the best high school players, but the best athletes, and finding a position that maximized their speed.

You cannot coach speed and athleticism. Hurlie is the ONLY ONE IN THE ROOM that gets that. It's why you have Dallas Crawford starting. B/c Crawford "knows how to make the checks and can read run pass". Well guess what ********, it's your job to teach players how to do that and if they can't THATS ON YOU.

What you DON'T do at the U of Miami is go out and recruit a kid b/c he has better coaching and a better staff, despite a lack of athleticism. It's completely counter to the very identity that built our program. For fvcks sake Warren Sapp was a goddam FULLBACK. Sean Taylor was a running back who played DB but I am CERTAIN could not tell you how to pattern match robber coverage in high school. But guess what, ANYONE CAN LEARN HOW TO MAKE READS. A FIVE YEAR OLD CAN BE TAUGHT HOW TO BACKPEDDLE.

But not everyone is born with the physical gifts to play like this, and that's what matters most:
[video=youtube;NAkjHS1kXpQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAkjHS1kXpQ[/video]

Advertisement
First time I watched the whole video. Man....I commend Hurle for not hitting D'Onofrio. *****, your best safety at Temple wouldn't eve get a scholarship at Miami. One of the many reasons this staff flagrantly failed. Because they kept going after guys that would fit in at Temple. Thankfully we won't be subjected to this with Richt as coach.

Advertisement
Hurley knew his speed wouldnt translate to the acc, people need to understand all hilight tapes look good for every recruiting class in the nation. Im pretty sure duke thinks there class is savage, dudes running 4.7's in a miami seconday should never happe they will get gashed regularly.

First time I watched the whole video. Man....I commend Hurle for not hitting D'Onofrio. *****, your best safety at Temple wouldn't eve get a scholarship at Miami. One of the many reasons this staff flagrantly failed. Because they kept going after guys that would fit in at Temple. Thankfully we won't be subjected to this with Richt as coach.

It's incomprehensible that they would take the jobs at Miami and proceed to do the exact opposite of what worked here for 2.5 decades.

So Dallas was our starting safety pretty much because he is good at Madden?

In a sense yes. And I'm sure that goes for a ton of the defensive players and the players they recruited and the players they passed on. The very core of their philosophy went against what made Miami great. You have to wonder why the FVCK they were hired and why they would take a job that is so foreign to their way of thinking. Idiotic.

Advertisement
That was pretty terrible to watch. Miami should be offering kids with no question marks. This kid should be a B offer not an A. They knew he didn't have elite speed and not a difference maker and still wanted to offer him. They said "he can tackle", well yes, but that is teachable. The approach in that room was so Temple. Also how is golden not in that room lol.

Last edited:
What was more striking about that video was guys like Coley and Lice going along with it with a "yeah, you right, boss" answer.

Advertisement
What was more striking about that video was guys like Coley and Lice going along with it with a "yeah, you right, boss" answer.

yes their responses and attitudes were pathetic. Total yes men happy to have a cushy gig they didn't deserve or earn.

D'Onofrio clearly believes he is the smartest guy in the room. As for reality, the on-field results speak for themselves

Advertisement
Dorito is such an idiot, I'm so happy he is gone. I hope Richt clears house, seems like Hurlie is the only one in the room with good sense.

You can tell Beard was a slow *** player because he bristled at the idea that Hurlie didn't think the guy had enough speed to play at UM. Funny thing is that dude's offer list is mostly teams like Dartmouth, and then you have UM sticking out like a sore thumb. Beard is another "yes man".

You can tell Beard was a slow *** player because he bristled at the idea that Hurlie didn't think the guy had enough speed to play at UM. Funny thing is that dude's offer list is mostly teams like Dartmouth, and then you have UM sticking out like a sore thumb. Beard is another "yes man".

Beard likely said no offer. Coley, dorito, williams, and scott all said he's an offer. If I had to guess that last spot 'offer' was from Randy Melvin or Ice

Advertisement
Back