This quote sums up this team and staff

It's LITERALLY a tweet about how its being fixed.

You do know the staff took away the starting positions on the depth chart last week, right?

Rome wasn't built in a day, fellas.
Thats why a freshman wide receiver was acting up on Twitter because Mike Harley threw the entire room under the bus.

Wiggins is still a starter. It hasnt been fixed one bit.

Advertisement
I remember Pope celebrating a hail mary (during a loss) like he just caught the game winning ball in the Super Bowl. lol

We're such a clown show.

I was more embarrassed by Mallory giving a first down signal in the waning moments of the fiu game then actually losing the game. That's some ***** chit straight up. I was waiting for many or somebody to cuss his *** out. Nothing.

Dude needs to realize that any weak link or area of your football team can cost you championships.

Incredible effort by our senior WR at 53:30 here. Yes I know he's been in all drive. Takes very little effort to get in a stance.

A few things:

- with no specific comment about which gurus/trainers are good or bad (even the ones who train NFL players), I would like to point out that most are overrated — and that’s if they’re effective at all. (Before someone starts naming who they think is/isn’t i point to Jaquan Johnson’s combine results. Enough said)
- Wiggins isn’t a wasted talent, he’s a wasted opportunity. Another program and he‘s leaving at the end of this year as a possible Day 1. Same goes for Mallory.
- I know a bunch of y’all have raved about Feeley (But, then again, many of you feel deadlifts are the essential lift🥺) and I’ve held my tongue, but … I don’t see it. Don’t see it at all and I never have. And, I’ll leave it at that for now.

@dsddcane made a comment earlier that some of you may have missed… I’m paraphrasing, “what happened to Manny?”

DE’s don’t set the edge and he just pats them on the head. Receivers drop balls and he shrugs. Defense plays with a general malaise and he assuages the performance.

Remember when Manny climbed in Rosier’s **** for throwing interceptions and missing deep shots? Remember when Manny was working the refs? HARD! Remember when Manny was the most intense person on the entire Miami sideline? Remember when Manny was correcting a Richt clock-management error? Remember when Manny looked like he was getting into the offensive coaches? And that was 2018. Where did he go? That’s who I thought Miami was hiring. And, admittedly, that’s who I was on board with. Now, Miami has Coach Slip and Slide.

The kids are never the problem, it’s always the leadership. Always.

I've read about how they stayed after practice all year (blah blah).. then we get exposed against Clemson & we're back to this "it starts with me" no substance rhetoric. Newsflash: We just aren't very good... Mediocre Miami.

Advertisement
Nah. Ed ain't answering to nobody. That's not his role. He helps out for his love of the program but at the end of the day he's basically a marketing ploy. He's a billboard for the program to say look who's here and he is hands on etc... But he ain't answering to no one. He's just got no power himself either like lonzo was supposed to have. It was just blake and Mandy's way to show the board that there was accountability (there's not) and direction...
There is no universe/dimension/timeline where someone like Ed Reed will ever answer to someone like Lisp N Slide. Most of us who knows the clown show that is the administration knew the hire was a PR stunt. They’re taking advantage of Ed’s love for the program.

I just can’t get past how opposite he is from the great coaches, Saban, Urban, Dabo, Belichick just time name a few.

all of them would have been ****ed off with that performance from their team and let it be known publicly. Our coach is sliding in rain puddles and praising the team.

I just don’t think Manny has what it takes to make this program elite. He could be a cool coach and win 8 to 9 games a year and play in mediocre bowls each year. I think that is his ceiling

I'm not counting him out just yet, but admit that I'm not a huge fan of his buddy-buddy approach with his players.

Much prefer more of a hard-*** head coach that players have a healthy respect and fear of.

Manny was 44 when he took over this program at the end of 2018 .... Butch was 42 when he took over the Canes in 1995, yet he came across as so much more older and seasoned—all those players well aware he wasn't there to be their friend and was going to be a hard-*** head coach.

Advertisement
Look at Wisconsin.

Doesn't ******* matter who coaches that program. Their players ALWAYS work hard and that's why they overachieve every single year.

The problem you're describing isn't a Manny Diaz problem. It's a South Florida problem.

Y'all blame coaching for every single mistake these players make. You let the kids off the hook. You put certain players on a pedestal when they haven't ******* earned ****, and if they don't succeed it's coaching not using talent correctly. Or even better.... "schemes."

You South Florida people call these 20 year old athletes "kids" and that's how you treat them. Nothing is their fault, everything is coaching.

Coaches aren't gonna block and tackle. At some point, hold the PLAYERS accountable so they start taking responsibility for their OWN development.

Look at Wisconsin.

Doesn't ******* matter who coaches that program. Their players ALWAYS work hard and that's why they overachieve every single year.

The problem you're describing isn't a Manny Diaz problem. It's a South Florida problem.

Y'all blame coaching for every single mistake these players make. You let the kids off the hook. You put certain players on a pedestal when they haven't ******* earned ****, and if they don't succeed it's coaching not using talent correctly. Or even better.... "schemes."

You South Florida people call these 20 year old athletes "kids" and that's how you treat them. Nothing is their fault, everything is coaching.

Coaches aren't gonna block and tackle. At some point, hold the PLAYERS accountable so they start taking responsibility for their OWN development.
Huh?
Our players play football year around and are some of the hardest working kids in the country when it comes to football. How the fvck you think so many of them make it to the NFL?

I can speak through my own eyes, nobody on Miami's team works harder than Knighton or Restrepo. I'm sure Chaney is the same way, as well as Harris. All from South Florida.

We've had countless kids who weren't from South Florida quit, transfer, run from competition or regress while here.

The South Florida kids at Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, Auburn, etc...seem to be working hard.

So how is it a "South Florida thing"?

Remind me...where was Jeff "Flabby Butt" Thomas from again?

Huh?
Our players play football year around and are some of the hardest working kids in the country when it comes to football. How the fvck you think so many of them make it to the NFL?

I can speak through my own eyes, nobody on Miami's team works harder than Knighton or Restrepo. I'm sure Chaney is the same way, as well as Harris. All from South Florida.

We've had countless kids who weren't from South Florida quit, transfer, run from competition or regress while here.

The South Florida kids at Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, Auburn, etc...seem to be working hard.

And shut the door on this narrative

Advertisement
Howard, JJ and Butch didn't put up with that crap because they expected to win and didn't need players to like them so the contract would last longer. Since Butch, none of our HC were ever going to sniff NFL HC job so Miami was going to be their biggest contract and probably last HC at real college. Win and Miami and you go to the NFL/ lose at Miami and everyone knows you are not HC material. Manny probably made a mistake taking this gig. At Temple, he could win some games and be hero and get another HC job for big money before the truth showed. At Miami nothing less than NC or at least a near miss will do. Loss and it is OC, DC or lower for the rest of your life. No mercy for failure here.

Huh?

Macho, you should know better than anybody here some of the bull**** that goes on in South Florida surrounding these high school players. You have handlers, high school coaches, parents, everyone seeing these kids as a meal ticket. And yes, when they are in high school, they are still kids.

And now you have all the 7v7s, camps, all the other bull**** too which honestly, they should just get rid of. These kids are told how wonderful they are from a young age.

The ones you are saying succeeded, they either have strength within themselves to overcome all the bull****, or they are just raised right and have good families that keep them grounded and working hard.

But not everyone does.

In Wisconsin, you don't have any of that ****. Nobody is hyping those kids from a young age or using them as a meal ticket. High school coaches aren't going out in to the community spreading venom because their favorite player didn't get an offer. The kids are just accountable to themselves, and that mentality permeates through the team.

Macho, you should know better than anybody here some of the bull**** that goes on in South Florida surrounding these high school players. You have handlers, high school coaches, parents, everyone seeing these kids as a meal ticket. And yes, when they are in high school, they are still kids.

And now you have all the 7v7s, camps, all the other bull**** too which honestly, they should just get rid of. These kids are told how wonderful they are from a young age.

The ones you are saying succeeded, they either have strength within themselves to overcome all the bull****, or they are just raised right and have good families that keep them grounded and working hard.

But not everyone does.

In Wisconsin, you don't have any of that ****. Nobody is hyping those kids from a young age or using them as a meal ticket. High school coaches aren't going out in to the community spreading venom because their favorite player didn't get an offer. The kids are just accountable to themselves, and that mentality permeates through the team.
In Wisconsin you also don't have .06% of the talent that we do down here.

The character flaws that you are describing are not exclusive to South Florida kids. Again, remind me where Jeff Thomas was from.

You don't make it to the NFL by being lazy and entitled. And right now South Florida has more NFL players than anywhere else in the country and it's not even close.

These South Florida kids are doing fine at other programs. What's the problem with ours?

Maybe I would have sided with you years ago, but now I'm at a program that is constantly loaded with D1 talent and I don't see anything remotely close to what you're referring to. I can honestly say that almost every D1 kid I've encountered in my 3 seasons at Deerfield has been hard-working and anything but entitled. Matter of fact, my most entitled kid was a non-D1 athlete who transferred out largely because he couldn't get his way.

Advertisement
In Wisconsin you also don't have .06% of the talent that we do down here.

The character flaws that you are describing are not exclusive to South Florida kids. Again, remind me where Jeff Thomas was from.

You don't make it to the NFL by being lazy and entitled. And right now South Florida has more NFL players than anywhere else in the country and it's not even close.

These South Florida kids are doing fine at other programs. What's the problem with ours?

Maybe I would have sided with you years ago, but now I'm at a program that is constantly loaded with D1 talent and I don't see anything remotely close to what you're referring to. I can honestly say that almost every D1 kid I've encountered in my 3 seasons at Deerfield has been hard-working and anything but entitled. Matter of fact, my most entitled kid was a non-D1 athlete who transferred out largely because he couldn't get his way.

I didn't say it was exclusive. It isn't. But that doesn't mean it's equally bad everywhere in America.

ANd you know **** well that for every South Florida kid that does make it to the NFL, there are at least as many who HAVE the god-given talent to make it to the league, but never do, usually because of some manner of personal bull****.

But I'm glad your program is run well and that you have good kids there. I predict you'll win a lot of games. And maybe this Covid year has a silver lining because all the camps and other bull**** distractions are less, kids can just focus on their high school.

One of the Freshmen WR's snapped on Harley for that public comment, basically telling him "Keep my name out of your mouth, don't throw all of us under the bus cause yall are lazy etc etc etc." Something along those lines.

I heard Pope and Wiggins are able to get away with a lot more BS because they're Cooney's boys. Don't know how true that is but it's believable.

There's clearly a culture of complacency at Miami and I've been saying it for years. When you celebrate in the locker room after squeeking out a win versus Western Kentucky (or whoever it was)...and you got guys dancing on the sidelines during losses to GT and FIU...there's cultural problems. You're doing nothing more than breeding complacency and mediocrity.

I mean, think about this for a second.
A fvckin' player from Buffalo came here and was our hardest worker and our best WR.
How bad is that?

Starts at the top fellas.

I agree with all of this.
Very obvious we have a true 'culture' problem when transfers has the fire we lack i.e Osborn, Phillips, Roche, Bolden. If these guys were born and bred 'Canes I'd be ok but they're not and it is a constant reminder of where we've been.

I'm optimistic in thinking that the 2020 class seems to be cut from a different cloth and are winners with the mentality we need and the fact that better or worse: this staff went out and brought in the 'right' type of guys in this last batch of transfers. It seems they know what to look for now but it's not going to happen overnight. If true and the freshmen said that to Harley it is a testament to this line of thinking and the young guys are going to right the ship with help of the '21 class.

I didn't say it was exclusive. It isn't. But that doesn't mean it's equally bad everywhere in America.

ANd you know **** well that for every South Florida kid that does make it to the NFL, there are at least as many who HAVE the god-given talent to make it to the league, but never do, usually because of some manner of personal bull****.

But I'm glad your program is run well and that you have good kids there. I predict you'll win a lot of games. And maybe this Covid year has a silver lining because all the camps and other bull**** distractions are less, kids can just focus on their high school.

If you don't think the kids down here work hard, and that they are all entitled, then you definitely aren't around high school football athletes. Like ever.

Are there kids who waste their talent by having attitude problems and being entitled? Absolutely. But that's not exclusive to South Florida. That happens EVERYWHERE.

One could argue that it's LESS LIKELY to happen in a place as talent-rich and saturated at South Florida. Quite frankly because you can't afford to slack off down here.

I'm on the inside and I don't see what you're seeing.

If you don't think the kids down here work hard, and that they are all entitled, then you definitely aren't around high school football athletes. Like ever.

Are there kids who waste their talent by having attitude problems and being entitled? Absolutely. But that's not exclusive to South Florida. That happens EVERYWHERE.

One could argue that it's LESS LIKELY to happen in a place as talent-rich and saturated at South Florida. Quite frankly because you can't afford to slack off down here.

I'm on the inside and I don't see what you're seeing.

i'm with macho on this one.

the problem with handlers, leeches, bag droppers, hangers on, etc., has nothing to do with whether a kid is a hard worker.

that's a reflection on the (too often) POS scumbags that seem to be infesting these kids' lives. as coach fred akers once said in relation to marcus dupree's recruitment, and his uncle shopping for a handout: "with these kids, there always seems to be an 'Uncle Curly.'"

one has nothing to do with the other.

and agreed, jeff thomas was as big of a cancer this team has had in ten years.

Advertisement
Back