This quote sums up this team and staff

A few things:

- with no specific comment about which gurus/trainers are good or bad (even the ones who train NFL players), I would like to point out that most are overrated — and that’s if they’re effective at all. (Before someone starts naming who they think is/isn’t i point to Jaquan Johnson’s combine results. Enough said)
- Wiggins isn’t a wasted talent, he’s a wasted opportunity. Another program and he‘s leaving at the end of this year as a possible Day 1. Same goes for Mallory.
- I know a bunch of y’all have raved about Feeley (But, then again, many of you feel deadlifts are the essential lift🥺) and I’ve held my tongue, but … I don’t see it. Don’t see it at all and I never have. And, I’ll leave it at that for now.

@dsddcane made a comment earlier that some of you may have missed… I’m paraphrasing, “what happened to Manny?”

DE’s don’t set the edge and he just pats them on the head. Receivers drop balls and he shrugs. Defense plays with a general malaise and he assuages the performance.

Remember when Manny climbed in Rosier’s **** for throwing interceptions and missing deep shots? Remember when Manny was working the refs? HARD! Remember when Manny was the most intense person on the entire Miami sideline? Remember when Manny was correcting a Richt clock-management error? Remember when Manny looked like he was getting into the offensive coaches? And that was 2018. Where did he go? That’s who I thought Miami was hiring. And, admittedly, that’s who I was on board with. Now, Miami has Coach Slip and Slide.

The kids are never the problem, it’s always the leadership. Always.

I don't think Wiggins is a wasted opportunity. That's just who he is. Wouldn't matter what program he's in. In fact, In a real program he'd be lucky his scholarship is renewed.

Mallory is another player who doesn't take football all that serious. Pope and Harley look like they just got out of high school. You can't tell they've been in a Div 1 S&C program at all. Mallory is frail af. Just refuses to block. Scaif is another weak *** dude. That's just who they are. Lazy.
Location won't change that.

Advertisement
If you don't think the kids down here work hard, and that they are all entitled, then you definitely aren't around high school football athletes. Like ever.

Are there kids who waste their talent by having attitude problems and being entitled? Absolutely. But that's not exclusive to South Florida. That happens EVERYWHERE.

One could argue that it's LESS LIKELY to happen in a place as talent-rich and saturated at South Florida. Quite frankly because you can't afford to slack off down here.

I'm on the inside and I don't see what you're seeing.

I live in Texas, so the only high school football I see anymore is local to this state.

Hey, If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Maybe. Or maybe you're not seeing what I'm seeing BECAUSE you're on the inside and you're used to all the bull**** that goes on down there.

I never said they were ALL entitled. I am saying that a lot of them are. And that's because they're around a lot of bad influences. If I'm wrong about that, then I'm wrong.

But if that's the case, what did you mean by this quote?

I heard Pope and Wiggins are able to get away with a lot more BS because they're Cooney's boys. Don't know how true that is but it's believable.

Seems like **** like this is EXACTLY what I was talking about.

The juxtaposition of Harley saying that and Manny slip and sliding like my ten year old on a summer day makes my brain want to explode.

I'M DONE for a couple of days. I'M proud of our MIAMI HURRICANES. It's becoming depressing reading some POSTERS on this board. Go CANES.

Advertisement
I am not surprised in the very least in these comments, the staff is on question even trotting out 8,3, and 6 togther if at all after Clemson. Those boys got their *** kicked because they aren't as good but they also don't give 2 ***** about preparing and competing. Manny, Lashlee and the entire staff that trots those three out on the field together aren't trying to change culture or win

I do not really put too much stock into what people say to reporters.
Even less when it is reported on social media.

Even less when it is a college kid.,

Advertisement
He made a horrible throw to a wide open Harley that would have iced the game.
Not just that. When the receivers are open he doesn't pull the trigger.

Apparently he thinks open means no one within 15 yards of the receivers. I see him take a sack every game with an open receiver on the rpo and he refuses to pull the trigger. Then everyone blames the oline when in reality he had adequate time to throw

I live in Texas, so the only high school football I see anymore is local to this state.

Hey, If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Maybe. Or maybe you're not seeing what I'm seeing BECAUSE you're on the inside and you're used to all the bull**** that goes on down there.

I never said they were ALL entitled. I am saying that a lot of them are. And that's because they're around a lot of bad influences. If I'm wrong about that, then I'm wrong.

But if that's the case, what did you mean by this quote?

Seems like **** like this is EXACTLY what I was talking about.
So how can you say anything about South Florida kids when you live in Texas? 🤔

So how can you say anything about South Florida kids when you live in Texas? 🤔

I haven't always lived in Texas. So if I got you right, you're saying South Florida doesn't have a problem with agents, "handlers," seedy high school coaches, and camp people.... or if they do, no worse than anywhere else? That about sum it up?

Advertisement
THIS and no more needs to be said. A good coach tosses Amari Carter off the team altogether or puts his a&& so deep on the bench he’d wish he was off the team.

You simply do not allow repetitive stupidity like that because it’s either ignorance or intentional. Either one doesn’t look good on the coaches.

Manny is not the guy to take us to the promised land. Period. Our best hope is that he can get us to consistent 9-10 win seasons and load up our talent so that the next coach (hopefully a good one) can take us that last mile and not have to start all over from scratch again. We cannot afford that again.

Sphinx Jinx, serious question: if Diaz becomes that guy you say, my fear is that he gets a long term extension and is here for a loooong while.

Isn't that the double-edged sword for UM?

Advertisement
I think this is the problem with hiring (another) first time head coach.

But this Harley situation reminds me of two stories about what was the UM culture in it's heyday. First was when Jimmy Johnson after bad practices would remind everyone that their scholarships were one year renewable's, and that come the new semester, nothing was guaranteed.

''Read...the... fine... print," is what Bubba McDowell said to me(for a story I did on him for Canestime long ago) were Jimmy's words. Bubba said that those words got everyone's attention

Michael Irvin said in the story I did on him that the most memorable football he ever was involved in were those scrimmages at Greentree after Jimmy would make those ultimatums. There was real fear in not just losing your job but your place on the team (which meant being cut off at the training table, etc)

So the other one is when Dennis Erickson first got hired, walking around campus, and so this had to be March of 89, and Erickson remarked after seeing so many players out are on their own practicing so soon, even before spring ball. He had never seen that much participation at the previous programs he had been apart off.

Najeh Davenport talked about jumping a player in the lockerroom in the late 90's after he didn't get his sprints done, during the rebuilding years. There was real accountability from both coaches and players within the program

Unfortunately, we are now a kinder, gentler program

I don't think Wiggins is a wasted opportunity. That's just who he is. Wouldn't matter what program he's in. In fact, In a real program he'd be lucky his scholarship is renewed.

Mallory is another player who doesn't take football all that serious. Pope and Harley look like they just got out of high school. You can't tell they've been in a Div 1 S&C program at all. Mallory is frail af. Just refuses to block. Scaif is another weak *** dude. That's just who they are. Lazy.
Location won't change that.
We’ll have to agree to disagree on Wiggins.

You acknowledge that Wiggins, Harley, Pope and Mallory have been in a “Div 1 S&C program”, but it’s the athletes fault? You’re wrong about the lazy bit but I’m not going to try to convince you in this post.

Sphinx Jinx, serious question: if Diaz becomes that guy you say, my fear is that he gets a long term extension and is here for a loooong while.

Isn't that the double-edged sword for UM?
That's the point. He will get that extension because it takes being flat out horrible in this coastal to not average enough wins to keep his job. No one demands success and being average is enough. Hence manny old and gray roving the sidelines. Unless the board (2/3rds of it )drops dead at the exact same moment. Now that I think of it maybe covid really will be our savior.

That's the point. He will get that extension because it takes being flat out horrible in this coastal to not average enough wins to keep his job. No one demands success and being average is enough. Hence manny old and gray roving the sidelines. Unless the board (2/3rds of it )drops dead at the exact same moment. Now that I think of it maybe covid really will be our savior.

Geez, talk about a catch-22 situation, good grief

Advertisement
Back