This quote by MDCS on Brooks and the LB’s

Advertisement
Just to recap so I’m clear on everything

Our coach, that is our DC, that also specializes and recruits linebackers specifically has this going on:

1. Starters are woefully underperforming other than the kid coming back from tons of injuries
2. Guys he recruited are not ready to see the field
3. Has no true blue chip prospects at the position despite being here for 6 years

Nothing to see here I guess

Cave must still flow to the ball in practice, gotta coach that out of him.

When Flagg got absolutely flat-footed in space by a QB running a 5.4 40...that was the template.

Yup, love Flagg and he has all the intangibles you want to see in a player. Unfortunately his tangibles are pretty lacking. He's a significant liability anytime he has to play in space.

When the action is happening in a phone booth, sure Flagg is "fine". But on passing plays where the offense runs receivers across the middle and Flagg has to chase? Forget about it, he just can't keep up.

Not sure that guy who doesn't have perfect knowledge of the playbook is much more of a liability than a guy who knows the playbook but is too slow to get to where he needs to get to on the field. Neither guy can make plays at an acceptable rate. That said, the first guy has a chance of learning the playbook, while it's unlikely that the second guy is going to gain much if any foot speed.

I don’t want to see Troutman. Kid is small and looks like a safety. I remember seeing a tunnel shot during one of the pregames and Kam Kitchens was bigger than him.
He's not any smaller than Ragone

So Brooks is injured again/still? I feel like the answers about him from Diaz and Patke are a little opaque. I continue to think that Brooks and Keontra make our best LB combination (if Brooks is healthy).
It's not opaque. He's had a chronic toe issue forever and just had another surgery to try to correct it. He'd be the starting MLB if he was healthy.

Advertisement
1995-rohan-marley-miami-hurricanes-05346406jpg.jpg

Give me 11 Rohans please.
I agree and they could set the single game targeting record hahaha
It’s not the same game we grew up watching man

The moment one these small linebackers get in the game and get mauled by a guard and we can’t stop the run, y’all gonna be *****ing about that. Only Miami where we think 3 star linebackers on the bench are future all americans.

The moment one these small linebackers get in the game and get mauled by a guard and we can’t stop the run, y’all gonna be *****ing about that. Only Miami where we think 3 star linebackers on the bench are future all americans.
Soo the answer is keep trotting the bums out?

Advertisement
"There is no possible way on Earth these kids could be any worse than the immortal Bradley Jennings and Ryan Ragone, and if so we might as well find out now" = Future All American, in your head?

Soo the answer is keep trotting the bums out?
Yep. Flagg has been solid in run support. I would substitute him for more speed on passing downs. Jennings played 7 snaps last game. Why isn’t anyone complaining about TAC not beating out Keontra the fast LB? Just like someone earlier mentioned, we always clamor for the person on the bench or green tree practice legend until they suck and the cycle repeats itself. Folks wanted Hall to take Knowles reps at one point. Look where we are now……and that was a valid point.

Advertisement
just put Chase Smith in there with K Smith and let him figure it out. it can't be worse than having 11, 44 or 34 out there.

I'd rather have an 6'3 athletic freak out there than those 3 slow, stiff dudes

"There is no possible way on Earth these kids could be any worse than the immortal Bradley Jennings and Ryan Ragone, and if so we might as well find out now" = Future All American, in your head?
How many snaps did Ragone and Jennings have? And Ragone did well in his limited snaps, so what are you *****ing about?

We have a youth movement at corner and they got TORCHED last game. Sometimes players take time to develop. No point in rushing someone on the field and breaking their confidence. Y’all act like we have 5 star LBs on the bench.

Advertisement
we already get gashed for big chunk plays consistently. Give the guys snaps. 44 runs himself out of plays consistently. 11 is in position but has the athleticism of your average Linebacker playing varsity football in Florida.
11 sometimes is in position. but do not get it twisted, he runs himself out of plays a **** ton as well.

Yep. Flagg has been solid in run support. I would substitute him for more speed on passing downs. Jennings played 7 snaps last game. Why isn’t anyone complaining about TAC not beating out Keontra the fast LB? Just like someone earlier mentioned, we always clamor for the person on the bench or green tree practice legend until they suck and the cycle repeats itself. Folks wanted Hall to take Knowles reps at one point. Look where we are now……and that was a valid point.
Flagg has been horrendous on run plays. Go rewatch and key on him. He runs himself out of plays, or god forbid a blocker comes his way- could be an OL RB or **** even a WR and its over. this is not even mentioning when the ball carrier beaks his tackle attempts. Yes he is god awful in the pass game, but he is also not UM caliber against the run.

They don’t play the same position number 1.

You keep using the examples of super bad players vs really bad players. You don’t have a clue what TAC can or can’t do, you’re basing everything on “well he’s not playing for a reason.” Ppl watch watch these games and see Flaggs limitations, Jennings and Carter. If TAC gets on the field and screws the pooch then so be it but at least, you’re able to make that decision based on his game action. Not Manny Diaz’s barometer, that has been proven to be a bad measuring stick.

Flagg has been run by on passes and by QB. He frequently runs himself out of plays on runs

Advertisement
Back