This quote by MDCS on Brooks and the LB’s

Is he even fast enough to run himself out of a play? He’s so slow that he’d overrun it but get their on time.
some of his best plays, this is exactly what has happened. the RB cut back and Flagg's slow momentum just winds up having the RB run right into him. Not lying, like 3 of his best plays this year were like that.

Advertisement
We have a youth movement at corner and they got TORCHED last game. Sometimes players take time to develop. No point in rushing someone on the field and breaking their confidence. Y’all act like we have 5 star LBs on the bench.
Couch isnt a “youth” hes a Junior. Clarke got worked for sure. Alot of their yard was in the middle of the field where our slow Lbs roam and Carter

They don’t play the same position number 1.

You keep using the examples of super bad players vs really bad players. You don’t have a clue what TAC can or can’t do, you’re basing everything on “well he’s not playing for a reason.” Ppl watch watch these games and see Flaggs limitations, Jennings and Carter. If TAC gets on the field and screws the pooch then so be it but at least, you’re able to make that decision based on his game action. Not Manny Diaz’s barometer, that has been proven to be a bad measuring stick.

Flagg has been run by on passes and by QB. He frequently runs himself out of plays on runs
And y’all are *****ing about a 3 star that can’t get on the field ahead of someone in his SAME recruiting class. And Cave isn’t strictly a MLB by the way. You’re talking about people watching games who aren’t at practice. What benefit is it to leave an all
American on the bench when trying to save a job?

Couch isnt a “youth” hes a Junior. Clarke got worked for sure. Alot of their yard was in the middle of the field where our slow Lbs roam and Carter
Did I say Couch? What happened to Dunson two games ago? Clarke last game? And Pickett didn’t discriminate on where the ball was going so just because it was in the middle doesn’t mean it was on the LBs. Most of that is a scheme issue.

Advertisement
And y’all are *****ing about a 3 star that can’t get on the field ahead of someone in his SAME recruiting class. And Cave isn’t strictly a MLB by the way. You’re talking about people watching games who aren’t at practice. What benefit is it to leave an all
American on the bench when trying to save a job?
Who called him an All American in here?

Did I say Couch? What happened to Dunson two games ago? Clarke last game? And Pickett didn’t discriminate on where the ball was going so just because it was in the middle doesn’t mean it was on the LBs. Most of that is a scheme issue.
Dunson has played 1 game of meaningful snaps. Clarke 2 games. We are basing our observation on a year n half of watch ppl like Flagg and Jennings

Manny Diaz on #Canes LBs: "Sam Brooks Jr. is still out." Says some of the other young LBs are still behind in terms of picking up what they need to, to play beyond special teams.

If that’s the case we will NEVER see TAC or Troutman.
this is BS. He likes slow linebackers "who do their jobs?" not play makers. you mean to tell me everyone's evals were so off on Huff, Brooks, and TAC
yet we nailed Flagg? this is a horrible joke. Manny can't coach LB's. get this guy out my face already.

Advertisement
Just to recap so I’m clear on everything

Our coach, that is our DC, that also specializes and recruits linebackers specifically has this going on:

1. Starters are woefully underperforming other than the kid coming back from tons of injuries
2. Guys he recruited are not ready to see the field
3. Has no true blue chip prospects at the position despite being here for 6 years

Nothing to see here I guess
Michael Buble Check GIF by bubly

Dunson has played 1 game of meaningful snaps. Clarke 2 games. We are basing our observation on a year n half of watch ppl like Flagg and Jennings
Jennings played SEVEN snaps last game. Why is he still a topic? And what’s your point about the amount of games they played? They’re clearly in the rotation now. Clarke actually started last game. Just like them, TAC could find his way onto the field. We also move Williams down into the box more now as well, which will eat into LB Snaps.

Manny Diaz on #Canes LBs: "Sam Brooks Jr. is still out." Says some of the other young LBs are still behind in terms of picking up what they need to, to play beyond special teams.

If that’s the case we will NEVER see TAC or Troutman.
You want to see Troutman? Why? Kid is tiny and I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he will never do anything of consequence at UM.

TAC is a different story. I realize the kid is in his second year with the program and is basically a redshirt freshman for all practical intents and purposes. I get he is still young but what I don't get is this staff's total refusal to give him limited snaps at LB so that he can gain experience. I would be okay with the current situation if we had a great LB corps playing at a high level but we don't. Right now we are not getting too much out of Flagg at MLB so why not give TAC some snaps during a game? If he makes some mistakes (which is to be expected) is anyone really going to notice anyway? The whole argument that he he is still behind in knowing what he needs to know just doesn't hold water for me. I'm sure Kam Kinchens and James Williams didn't know everything. TVD has a couple of shaky starts to his 1st two games but that experience was crucial and look at him now.

Advertisement
You want to see Troutman? Why? Kid is tiny and I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he will never do anything of consequence at UM.

TAC is a different story. I realize the kid is in his second year with the program and is basically a redshirt freshman for all practical intents and purposes. I get he is still young but what I don't get is this staff's total refusal to give him limited snaps at LB so that he can gain experience. I would be okay with the current situation if we had a great LB corps playing at a high level but we don't. Right now we are not getting too much out of Flagg at MLB so why not give TAC some snaps during a game? If he makes some mistakes (which is to be expected) is anyone really going to notice anyway? The whole argument that he he is still behind in knowing what he needs to know just doesn't hold water for me. I'm sure Kam Kinchens and James Williams didn't know everything. TVD has a couple of shaky starts to his 1st two games but that experience was crucial and look at him now.

100% with you on TAC but y’all sleepin on Troutman and IDGAF about his size. Rohan Marley and Spence were undersized and they had fine careers when they were here.

Advertisement
100% with you on TAC but y’all sleepin on Troutman and IDGAF about his size. Rohan Marley and Spence were undersized and they had fine careers when they were here.
Absolutely right about Spence and Marley but I have not seen evidence of that level of ability in Troutman. Hope I'm wrong.

The coaches need to stop with the "not knowing the playbook" line. The LBs we're trotting out there may know the playbook cold but they either don't have the physical tools and/or the instincts to make tackles consistently.

Our defense is essentially the DL and the DBs....with nothing in-between. If the DL runs themselves out of the play (without getting home), then the opponents see no resistance until they meet the DBs. This is why the yardage totals are so high.

Find three athletes on the roster that can run fast & tackle and put them in dedicated zones to make plays. What we've been doing at the LB position just isn't working. We need to make it hard on opponents to gain yardage...not leave the middle of the field open with no resistance.

We have not been playing the most athletic players at LB. Tackling has been horrific (worst in the country at times). It has not been working. FACTS.

Be smart, make a change & make it difficult again for opponents attacking the middle of the field.

this is BS. He likes slow linebackers "who do their jobs?" not play makers. you mean to tell me everyone's evals were so off on Huff, Brooks, and TAC
yet we nailed Flagg? this is a horrible joke. Manny can't coach LB's. get this guy out my face already.
Brooks was a DE in high school. So was Huff before he transferred to STA as a senior. Austin Cave wasn't rated much higher than Flagg. Mid three star type. It’s not that those guys are good and Manny doesn’t play them. It’s that Manny recruited bad linebackers. Also, Brooks did play a ton last year and was terrible.

Advertisement
Back