This isnt a TVD issue.

That did answer the question. You could visibly tell that one dude took the time to build a connection and learn this Offense and the other intentionally told ESPN that he didn‘t.

If you know your O and have relationships with your WRs then it leads to rhythm and confidence in what you’re doing. Name one play that TVD looked like he had confidence and played with rhythm.
lol talk about manipulating the conversation. You're saying that TVD didn't throw with the WR? Stop it.

Garcia and the kids from MNW and others from his class have been boys since they recruited him. that's not a secret and likely plays into this.

Advertisement
lol talk about manipulating the conversation. You're saying that TVD didn't throw with the WR? Stop it.

Garcia and the kids from MNW and others from his class have been boys since they recruited him. that's not a secret and likely plays into this.
Lmfao he said to ESPN. It’s qouted.

He. Didn‘t. Work. With. Them.

His own words.

Advertisement
Garcia earned a start. If he fails miserably, then we’ll know. It’s now his job to lose. TVD on his best day cannot pass while rolling out. At least Garcia has mobility. TVD was stumbling. Go Phins.

"We should be air raid"

So, you have zero interest in winning anything of note. I know our fans don't pay attention to the sport outside of the bubble, but the teams that Mario wants to compete against aren't close to air raid offenses. Alabama isn't running out of the I formation anymore, but they also aren't just putting the ball up willy nilly. Saban's issue was that he was one of the last coaches to realize that the days of phone booth football were over, and that you need to have an offense that can get chunk plays, and getting elite athletes in space is the easiest way to get them. Ironically enough, a lot of the things Gattis is attempting to run, Alabama does, the major difference is that they actually execute. The teams that are winning are using spread elements, but they also maintain a good amount of balance.

The major beef we should have with Gattis' system is the pacing, it needs to be sped up, that will help wear weaker teams down, making the run game even more lethal. You look at the film, the plays are there, guys aren't making routine or contested catches, and outside of Jake yesterday, well placed balls have been few and far between. This offense isn't nearly as efficient as it should be, but let's stop pretending that this offense is being executed at a competent level. I'm tired of the low expectations, the "This offense is too complicated to run" crap, when athletes from South Florida are able to figure this stuff out at Alabama, Georgia and Michigan. It shouldn't take some simplistic, stripped down system for our athletes to be able to run a simple route and catch the ball.

Advertisement
He is who he is, the film exists already lol

You guys need to see this elite Broyles Offense with Jake at the helm, so lets see it.
Gattis has a lot of blame, there’s no doubt about it. He shouldn’t be here next year.

But TVD isn’t without fault, he missed at least 7-8 throws 1H. I know you can see that LCE. Might as well just see Garcia at this point.

With that being said, it’s Gattis’ job to make life easier on him and get him in a groove. He did no favors against A&M, and absolutely did no favors tonight. His product has been boring, aggravating, and operates in a confined space.

Speed in space is just bull$hit.

Gattis has a lot of blame, there’s no doubt about it. He shouldn’t be here next year.

But TVD isn’t without fault, he missed at least 7-8 throws 1H. I know you can see that LCE. Might as well just see Garcia at this point.

With that being said, it’s Gattis’ job to make life easier on him and get him in a groove. He did no favors against A&M, and absolutely did no favors tonight. His product has been boring, aggravating, and operates in a confined space.

Speed in space is just bull$hit.
I never said TVD isn’t without fault, but what you guys are doing is just funny to me that’s all.

I just really enjoying watching mental gymnastics so I like to set up gyms for people to practice their flips, metaphorically speaking.

Advertisement
It is. The dude wasn’t even throwing to these guys in the offseason and it was put in a ESPN article. What? You thought it was some kind of coincidence that we started to move the ball at 3x the pace with Garcia? Gattis is still a hot and cold playcaller but you could easily tell who knew this Offense and who didn’t.
Wait what ESPN article?

1*1LPBUmm5gjoDfet6AzMf1A.gif

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/game2-overreactions-porst.179622/post-6078344

I have asked the same question about Gattis but TVD was terrible on Saturday with things beyond scheme and the offense. Maybe we need to question Ponce also.

But to answer your question, Shea Patterson had his best year under Gattis but that’s not saying much at all.

TVD has the 1000 yard stare. He's Knobloch at 2nd base right now. Start Garcia against UNC but I don't think it's going to be much better.

WE don't have to do air raid, but watching college football all day it's night and day what EVERYONE is doing on offense (yards and points) and what this crap Gattis is trotting out.

I will also say, and this has been going on for years, I see guys making contested catches all ******* Saturday and our guys can't be assed if it isn't a perfect pass.

Advertisement
Look at Herndon Hooker’s stats at VA Tech, then look at how he’s played at Tennessee.

Same QB, so what’s the difference?

You guys really like to over complicate this stuff, there’s a direct correlation to the change in system to the rise/drop in production with dozens of QB’s.

But yall are right, lets just throw TVD away because he suddenly can’t throw a Football or read the field.

I wonder what would happen if TVD played in Josh Heupel or Tyson Helton, or Kalen DeBoer, or Zach Kittley’s system?

I’m sure he would still be struggling as much as he is now lol
Heupel has completely turned around Tennessee. Not saying they’re challenging Alabama or Georgia yet in that conference, but he’s done a lot already there in a little time.

It’s still early in his overall tenure but even last year you could see them already improving despite 6 losses.

I never said TVD isn’t without fault, but what you guys are doing is just funny to me that’s all.

I just really enjoying watching mental gymnastics so I like to set up gyms for people to practice their flips, metaphorically speaking.
So what's the reasonable answer? If TVD can't run Gattis offense you gotta give somebody else a chance right? Gattis isn't going anywhere soon and Miami still needs to win games. I'm not saying Gattis is right or good but he's who we have this year. They both need to do a lot better. Gattis needs to speed up and do something to make the qb more comfortable but TVD needs to see the open receivers and get them the ball. If he can't do that then we have to move to Garcia?

You will see when Garcia struggles against UNC and people start calling for Brown. TVD hasn't been perfect for sure, but drops and scheme have killed him.

This is a blueprint problem. Miami should be an Air Raid or Spread team. We are going backwards with Gattis' O. He's flat out broken TVD (one of the top prospects going into the year) and he'll break Garcia too. If I were Mario I'd "move him to the sidelines, to be closer to the players" and have Ponce up in the booth trying to create a passing game. Lord knows the WR coRch should be let go.

We have a coaching staff that thinks they can out Georgia people. They can't even out Georgia MTSU, they will not out Georgia UNC. We need to play a brand of football that maximizes our SoFL advantages, and build from that.

Actually it is AND isn't a TVD problem. I'll explain.

TVD was mediocre at best in the first few games of last year. It appeared he gets way too much in his own head.

Lashlee brilliantly diagnosed that and gave TVD a mantra, "Let It Rip!"

We probably all remember TVD saying that story countless times last year.

This year, we want him to play smart and not make mistakes. The very antithesis to, "Let It Rip!"

TVD has replied by getting back into his own head and sucking.

A qb needs to be able to know how to play well even in a controlled philosophy, but TVD can't.

The two obvious answers could be EITHER bench TVD for a more mentally resilient QB, OR allow TVD to "Let It Rip"

Advertisement
Back