This isnt a TVD issue.

Dude

Senior
You will see when Garcia struggles against UNC and people start calling for Brown. TVD hasn't been perfect for sure, but drops and scheme have killed him.

This is a blueprint problem. Miami should be an Air Raid or Spread team. We are going backwards with Gattis' O. He's flat out broken TVD (one of the top prospects going into the year) and he'll break Garcia too. If I were Mario I'd "move him to the sidelines, to be closer to the players" and have Ponce up in the booth trying to create a passing game. Lord knows the WR coRch should be let go.

We have a coaching staff that thinks they can out Georgia people. They can't even out Georgia MTSU, they will not out Georgia UNC. We need to play a brand of football that maximizes our SoFL advantages, and build from that.

Advertisement
It is. The dude wasn’t even throwing to these guys in the offseason and it was put in a ESPN article. What? You thought it was some kind of coincidence that we started to move the ball at 3x the pace with Garcia? Gattis is still a hot and cold playcaller but you could easily tell who knew this Offense and who didn’t.

Advertisement
You will see when Garcia struggles against UNC and people start calling for Brown. TVD hasn't been perfect for sure, but drops and scheme have killed him.

This is a blueprint problem. Miami should be an Air Raid or Spread team. We are going backwards with Gattis' O. He's flat out broken TVD (one of the top prospects going into the year) and he'll break Garcia too. If I were Mario I'd "move him to the sidelines, to be closer to the players" and have Ponce up in the booth trying to create a passing game. Lord knows the WR coRch should be let go.

We have a coaching staff that thinks they can out Georgia people. They can't even out Georgia MTSU, they will not out Georgia UNC. We need to play a brand of football that maximizes our SoFL advantages, and build from that.
Yes it is, Van Dyke looked like a J.V. quarterback . Looking down his receivers and missing open receivers.

Advertisement
60% Mario/Gattis
40% TVD
I think it’s 40% Mario/gattis
60% Ponce/tvd/his off-season qb coach
Yes there is a scheme problem
But tvd can’t read coverages, accuracy is horrible, he doesn’t know how to look off coverage, it’s also up to him as the qb to be the leader and put in the work with the other wrs
Look at Brady the ultimate goat first thing he does when he signs with Tampa is reach out to the wrs and sets up throwing sessions in the park
Can’t keep making excuses for these kids a lot of the issues is on tvd

This isn’t like our previous qb controversy under richt where u just replaced a jag with a jag
Garcia has shown he can play
And for the star whores like myself he was borderline 5 star top 50 players
Actually ranked higher or arak if rashada
Right away u saw Garcia pump take a safety
And the team seemed to rally around him more
He’s known to gather the wrs and throw
If we see the same thing with Garcia then we’ll know it’s gattis 100%
So this is a good test in a way

Last edited:
It is. The dude wasn’t even throwing to these guys in the offseason and it was put in a ESPN article. What? You thought it was some kind of coincidence that we started to move the ball at 3x the pace with Garcia? Gattis is still a hot and cold playcaller but you could easily tell who knew this Offense and who didn’t.
Please elaborate ... first I've heard of this ... thought he was working with the WR's in the offseason. Thats what a QB does ... especially when your two primary guys left. You must be kidding?

Not just a TVD issue is what you meant? I mean there was an endzone shot where TVD threw a ball 8 to 10 yards behind a crossing Skinner.. I think it was him. He's missing wide open receivers and making a lot of terrible passes. TVD is a huge part of the problem.

It all starts at the top.
Yup. "Tone at the top"

At my work, there are certain teams everyone hates dealing with from the bottom all the way up because the SVP at the top is a colossal douchebag and takes no responsibility for anything; trickles all the way down.

Also, hard disagree with OP about TVD. He looks sluggish and disinterested, like he doesn't wanna be out there. Poor footwork, constantly throwing off his back foot. I get that it's a new system and he doesn't like it but the energy on all sides of the ball (and the stadium) when Jake went out there was a complete turnaround.

Advertisement
it could be scheme. But when you miss people that are wide open and the ball is 5 yards off on a 7 yard flat route. that's on TVD. go back and watch the game from yesterday and you'll see his balls weren't even close to players that were wide open. Definitely open enough to hit the throw. plus his balls have been wobly this year. It's not coaching or scheme when you're the QB throwing bricks.

Advertisement
Stop trying to absolve tvd from his terrible play. Yeah other groups didn’t perform well yesterday and play calling could be better but TVD wasn’t even close on most of these throws with just terrible accuracy. Garcia came in and was immediately better and gave the offense a chance.

What tvd can control is his play and he’s doing a terrible job of just missing throws and reading defenses. Anyone with a non biased football mind can understand it

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back