This isnt a TVD issue.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Please elaborate ... first I've heard of this ... thought he was working with the WR's in the offseason. Thats what a QB does ... especially when your two primary guys left. You must be kidding?
Seems like he rather play golf

Advertisement
it could be scheme. But when you miss people that are wide open and the ball is 5 yards off on a 7 yard flat route. that's on TVD. go back and watch the game from yesterday and you'll see his balls weren't even close to players that were wide open. Definitely open enough to hit the throw. plus his balls have been wobly this year. It's not coaching or scheme when you're the QB throwing bricks.
Honestly he looked like Malik rosier out there

I get it and you and I have been lockstep on the concerns about Gattis' approach (I have posts and comments dating back to February; many of which were answered only with "Broyles"), but we can just as easily point to (and picture) stuff like the BSmith throw at the goal line. And, many other just total near inexplicable misses. The thing is, I don't think TVD forgot how to throw a football. I think he's quite clearly mentally locked up. So, to your point, what or who is causing that? So, like I've said, I think it's a bit of EVERYTHING and someone getting paid the big bucks should take a healthy portion of the responsibility.

Advertisement
You will see when Garcia struggles against UNC and people start calling for Brown. TVD hasn't been perfect for sure, but drops and scheme have killed him.

This is a blueprint problem. Miami should be an Air Raid or Spread team. We are going backwards with Gattis' O. He's flat out broken TVD (one of the top prospects going into the year) and he'll break Garcia too. If I were Mario I'd "move him to the sidelines, to be closer to the players" and have Ponce up in the booth trying to create a passing game. Lord knows the WR coRch should be let go.

We have a coaching staff that thinks they can out Georgia people. They can't even out Georgia MTSU, they will not out Georgia UNC. We need to play a brand of football that maximizes our SoFL advantages, and build from that.
You will see when Garcia struggles against UNC and people start calling for Brown. TVD hasn't been perfect for sure, but drops and scheme have killed him.

This is a blueprint problem. Miami should be an Air Raid or Spread team. We are going backwards with Gattis' O. He's flat out broken TVD (one of the top prospects going into the year) and he'll break Garcia too. If I were Mario I'd "move him to the sidelines, to be closer to the players" and have Ponce up in the booth trying to create a passing game. Lord knows the WR coRch should be let go.

We have a coaching staff that thinks they can out Georgia people. They can't even out Georgia MTSU, they will not out Georgia UNC. We need to play a brand of football that maximizes our SoFL advantages, and build from that.
That’s not true, or I should say is it’s only partially true. I absolutely agree on Gattis. He did nothing to offset the pass rush with screens etc. I saw no play action to help get guys open since we lack at receiver. We didn't see Arroyo targeted much at all.

With that said, TVD has not been good. HE has missed a ton of throws, on top of his arm angle finally caught up to him this past game, or he's telegraphing his passes. Additionally, he's a longer strider to deliver his ball, and on one of the out throws he missed high and wide was because he couldn't step into it as he would like. Contrast that to Garcia who was making some throws with a very closed pocket. Second his mechanics are so much better, more sound. He also gets the ball out quicker, which aligns better to keep this type of offense flowing. Quick hitters, run game then some shots down field. I also felt at A&M TVD was leaving the pocket too soon, and maybe seeing the pass rush. To me when Jake dropped back, his head was tilted up so you could visibly see he was looking downfield. The momentum and energy shift was more than real in the stadium.

However, I felt at the start of the season they should both get series, even if one gets much heavier load over the other. Jake's mechanics remind me of drew brees. We shouldn't abandon TVD, but going forward we need to work them both. Maybe even package for our most athletic QB. Since when do different looks hurt? It doesn't, makes it more challenging in the D

I'll leave it there without even getting into the defense.

Exactly

So what does that tell you?
Steve Martin Diy GIF by Laff

He killed the QBs?

Advertisement
All off season we heard that the coaches were WORKING ON TVD's mechanics. A heisman candidate, potential first round pick who ended last year with tons of accolades and we couldn't wait to see him light it up. So first game is a patsy and coaches utilize mostly the running game, TVD stats not so great, same in the next game and then the horror at A&M. Now this performance. Now what if these coaches had Bernie? His mechanics were horrible yet he won, I can see them telling Vinny to stay in the pocket longer...you don't fix what ain't broke. I feel for TVD, they screwed up his head and confidence trying to FIX HIM. All 4 teams we played were easily beatable, even Manny would've won them...now its wait again for next year...this is what happens when outside alum pick a coach. Please realize that Mario's entire HC record is barely over .500. We have what we have for a long time so hope and pray Mario has the same balls as Manny did and get a real OC to replace Gattis and ASAP. Anyone watched SMU's offense?

Look at Herndon Hooker’s stats at VA Tech, then look at how he’s played at Tennessee.

Same QB, so what’s the difference?

You guys really like to over complicate this stuff, there’s a direct correlation to the change in system to the rise/drop in production with dozens of QB’s.

But yall are right, lets just throw TVD away because he suddenly can’t throw a Football or read the field.

I wonder what would happen if TVD played in Josh Heupel or Tyson Helton, or Kalen DeBoer, or Zach Kittley’s system?

I’m sure he would still be struggling as much as he is now lol

Advertisement
Back