This is why Parrish and Franklin have a great opportunity

the disrespecting of knighton
Oh No Facepalm GIF by Aminé
i swear i hate this site.

Advertisement
The play at the 2:10 mark was elite!! Juked the UNC db out of his soul one cut at full speed to the end zone!!! :rickflair2:

View attachment 186397

That's a pass play, not a run - and he had 15 yds between him and the defender. I think Knighton is an absolute weapon in the passing game.

The question is - on a run, after Knighton crosses the line of scrimmage, where does he change direction? Show me.

People love the idea of Chaney being Willis Mcgahee but he has done nothing on the field to prove he’s any good. Rooster all day over him from what I a have seen and it’s not even close.
I swear I don’t get why this site have this “beef” with knighton
Jonah Hill Reaction GIF

If knighton went to fsu, he would ran all over us. These same crappy posters would have cried and crying about why we didn’t get him smh

Advertisement
I swear I don’t get why this site have this “beef” with knighton
If knighton went to fsu, he would ran all over us. These same crappy posters would have cried and crying about why we didn’t get him smh

That may be the case - but on the flip side, Knighton would be getting it 10x worse if he wasn't from South Florida.
Deejay & Gus definitely got more criticism despite putting up much better #'s thru their Soph years.

1653041019044.png

Knighton is better & more talented than his stats, but at the same time there's no denying his stats are really bad. It's fair & ok to acknowledge both.

It really isn't. Every time we got a first down, Lash wanted to rush to the line to go uptempo (which is fine) and if he called a run play (4-50% of the time?), he would just panic and call inside zone. He even admitted his own wife and kids who dont know **** about football asked why we kept running that one running play into a wall for 1-2 yards on first down. Lash was great but this part of his game was a joke. He started to adapt about 4-5 games in a bit

You can say we relied on inside zone too much - without saying "Lashlee only had one running play in our playbook"

You can say we rushed 1st down calls in uptempo too often - without saying we did it every time we got a 1st down.

It's the dramatic over-exaggerations I don't get.

Advertisement
Everyone should try to just wipe the slate clean for this upcoming season..... Yes it's been said plenty in years past but this time it really is different....
We've never had a staff like this with the financial backing of the school/Boosters before... That changes things considerably.... By no means am I predicting anything, just saying to sit back and enjoy the ride this time around.... I think a lot of everyone will be quite satisfied with how everything plays out by seasons end....

You’ll find we have a nice surprise in Parrish, he’s so happy to be here.

His performance will increase each game a perfect fill in for Rooster and anyone else.

I really hope Chaney is ready if this holds to be true we will have a crew of RB that no team can match in CFB.

All of these kids cheer each other on in practice which will show in everyone’s play.

Yes we will RUN BOYS 🙌🙌🙌

GOCANES

Yes, credit to you on that thread.

Also, just casually watching the highlights and they only run inside zone once in the first 9 or 10 plays. ThEy OnLy hAd OnE rUnNiNg pLaY!
Yea that narrative is way over used now lol

Advertisement
That may be the case - but on the flip side, Knighton would be getting it 10x worse if he wasn't from South Florida.
Deejay & Gus definitely got more criticism despite putting up much better #'s thru their Soph years.

View attachment 186433

Knighton is better & more talented than his stats, but at the same time there's no denying his stats are really bad. It's fair & ok to acknowledge both.

Boy y'all stay pushing this narrative lmao

Cody Brown gets his negatives pointed out; "yall never like to give kids a chance when they're not from South Florida"
Knighton gets his negatives pointed out; "y'all talking about him, but if he wasn't from South Florida it would be worse"

Can't make this up lol. Maybe...just maybe we're just calling things how we see it...

That's a pass play, not a run - and he had 15 yds between him and the defender. I think Knighton is an absolute weapon in the passing game.

The question is - on a run, after Knighton crosses the line of scrimmage, where does he change direction? Show me.

Bruh 🤦🏽‍♂ @2:53 mark Knighton gets the hand off cuts immediately towards the right and shoots up the guard and tackle gap for a 15 yard gain. @3:28 mark Knighton jukes out a UNC dlineman at the los bounces outside and scores a TD.

I still think Parrish is our RB1. There’s nothing he does that totally wows you but he does everything well. If we’re really putting a premium on not having negative run plays, Parrish and Franklin will be the guys. Neither is a game breaker but if we’re trying to have a consistent, power running game, those guys are going to get positive yards every time
If Parrish is our lead back we're in trouble.

Advertisement
People love the idea of Chaney being Willis Mcgahee but he has done nothing on the field to prove he’s any good. Rooster all day over him from what I a have seen and it’s not even close.
Well then you need glasses. Go put up the runs Chaney had and then Knighton and you can clearly see Chaney is better.

If Don is injured or just not ready to go at some point, I don't think it's inconceivable Citizen and Parrish being RB1/RB2 or vice versa with Knighton in a utility role.

We won't know about Citizen until he puts the pads on. But I can tell you with certainty- we didn't bring him in to sit. Expectations are high and he is already 215 pounds.

Are there any plans on trying to slim Thad down to around 225 and see if we see an uptick in explosiveness?

Advertisement
Back