This is why Parrish and Franklin have a great opportunity

Advertisement
I’m telling Don you talking crazy

Tell him to get out of the box too...

a-christmas-story-fragile.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Line Yards - essentially rushing yards attributed to the success of the OL

Opportunity Rate - The percentage of carries (when four yards are available) that gain at least four yards, i.e. the percentage of carries in which the line does its job, so to speak.

Power Success Rate - percentage of runs on third or fourth down, two yards or less to go, that achieved a first down or touchdown.

Stuff Rate - percentage of carries by running backs that are stopped at or before the line of scrimmage.

Miami 2021 rankings (# represents UM finishing position out of 130 teams):

Line Yards - 96
Opp. Rate - 117
Power Success Rate - 110
Stuff Rate - 109

2021 Miami had an OL problem, not a RB problem

That really spells out in black and white what we could all see happening last year.

That statistic represents an offense that was over-reliant on heroic QB play as they were constantly forced to throw themselves out of bad down-and-distance holes.

I think there is a very real possibility that TVD has a worse year statistically while the offense becomes more successful overall. And that will be a good thing. I would much rather see our downfield shots taken on short yardage situations rather than desperation attempts on third and long.
I think it is almost a guarantee that his stats will go down, different offensive scheme, but agreed, its not a bad thing

Advertisement
Advertisement
had nothing to do with the players lol. No one could run the ball if your OC only has two running plays and always calls them on first down. Teams call out your run plays before the play lol. The line wasn’t good at run blocking but they were also handicapped by the OC and his two running plays.
Facts!! The line wasn’t even the problem. We have posters in here capping for that dude

Chaney has to stay healthy, if he does, he easily the most talented RB.

Thad style of running will get him on the field.
Rooster will find his way on the field as well, some at RB but mostly in slot packages etc.

Citizen/Ole Miss RB will fight for what's left over.

Advertisement
Back