This is unacceptable, we will continue to be 6-7 if this does not change.

Advertisement
Yall will blame anything and everything except our own staff.

"bAgS bRo!"

We're not losing most of these kids because of bags. We're losing kids because (1) we can't coach (2) we can't develop and (3) we can't recruit...which is partially due to numbers 1 and 2. Harder to recruit when you're losing to FIU and sending kids to the NFL in the 4th-7th round.

Not every kids get offered a bag. The elite ones do, but we don't need the elite ones right now to win. There's plenty of un-bag-worthy players out there that can help us win.
Recruit the right ones. (we haven't)
Coach'em up. (we haven't)
Win our side of the ACC. (we haven't)
Don't get absolutely obliterated in the ACCC game. (we haven't)

Then watch recruiting go up.

It's all about winning my brother. The top teams like Alabama, Clemsom, OSU, and UGA come to Florida and get whomever they want. The rest of the teams that come in to Florida and take players only get maybe one or two, but nothing consistently like the playoff contenders. We have been straight trash for the last decade, why in the **** would a top rated player want to play for the U unless they are die hards? Most of these kids were in diapers the last time we were any good. They are going to play for well established coaches at universities that pack stadiums, have grand facilities, and pay a lot of money for their recruits. (sshh on that last part). I think some of the south Florida kids want to stay home and play in front of the home team, but they need a reason to stay. Have two 10 game winning seasons and bowl wins, things will swing in our favor.

It's all about winning my brother. The top teams like Alabama, Clemsom, OSU, and UGA come to Florida and get whomever they want. The rest of the teams that come in to Florida and take players only get maybe one or two, but nothing consistently like the playoff contenders. We have been straight trash for the last decade, why in the **** would a top rated player want to play for the U unless they are die hards? Most of these kids were in diapers the last time we were any good. They are going to play for well established coaches at universities that pack stadiums, have grand facilities, and pay a lot of money for their recruits. (sshh on that last part). I think some of the south Florida kids want to stay home and play in front of the home team, but they need a reason to stay. Have two 10 game winning seasons and bowl wins, things will swing in our favor.
Check out the classes Tenn, TAMU, Texas, etc have been landing without winning. It helps, but the right HC/Staff can do better. They are all right here in our backyard, has to give us some advantage.
We need a coach that can win 10 games with these crap schedules and keep some of these kids home. When the Top 20 kids in Florida dont have Miami on their radar we got a friggin problem

Advertisement

"bAgS bRo!"

We're not losing most of these kids because of bags. We're losing kids because (1) we can't coach (2) we can't develop and (3) we can't recruit...which is partially due to numbers 1 and 2. Harder to recruit when you're losing to FIU and sending kids to the NFL in the 4th-7th round.

Not every kids get offered a bag. The elite ones do, but we don't need the elite ones right now to win. There's plenty of un-bag-worthy players out there that can help us win.

Will people listen to this? I am guessing no.

To add to that, everything about the bigs is better. Better facilities, fans, treated like a king, game day experience, etc.

That doesn't mean one day some of those things can't change, but college football is in the midst of an arms race in every level. We are so far behind, not just the frontrunners, but pretty much every state school.

We may strike lightning again, but when we do a year or three into doing something the NFL or a college power will pluck that coach out from under us. Back to the drawing board we go, rinse and repeat.

I've literally quit *****ing about it. I see it for what it is, amazing what we once did, but those were different times. We could still do far better, but elite, not on a consistent basis IMHO. So I'll enjoy what we can when we can.

I mean he needs at least an actual year of being relevant in College first, wouldn't you say?

So far he's 0 for 2.
He was decent last year, second on the team in tackles, physically he has NFL but mentally he needs to make s jump. Like I said 2 more years would be ideal

"bAgS bRo!"

I agree with this. But I think OP is talking about the elite ones in south Florida. And there’s no doubt that’s there’s cash thrown around for those and even for some we wouldn’t regard as elite, especially in the SEC. Even with the big Chips gone there’s still usually plenty of meat on the bone left here. And like I said we get our fair share. But beyond the “bag game” how do you think a schools recruiting budgets and resources comes into play? Lastly I totally agree with the on field production tho I’d argue it’s been a clear drop off in The oline talent we’ve brought in recently. But do you truly think our development hasn’t Directly matched our talent we bring in? Meaning when you look back at our Classes and see who was drafted where do we truly have a handful of kids who we can say if they were developed properly they’d been higher picks or drafted in the first place?

Check out the classes Tenn, TAMU, Texas, etc have been landing without winning. It helps, but the right HC/Staff can do better. They are all right here in our backyard, has to give us some advantage.
We need a coach that can win 10 games with these crap schedules and keep some of these kids home. When the Top 20 kids in Florida dont have Miami on their radar we got a friggin problem
The Coach was one thing that i mentioned as well. Tenn, TAMU, Texas don't recruit like this on a consistent basis. TAMU got a bump because of Fisher, Tenn got a new coach as well. Texas same thing but they have been winning as of late. Either way, they don't come into Florida every year and grab the best talent out of Florida. Texas and TAMU roster is filled mostly with the talent right there in their own state. They don't need to come to Florida and steal Florida talent.

Advertisement
The Coach was one thing that i mentioned as well. Tenn, TAMU, Texas don't recruit like this on a consistent basis. TAMU got a bump because of Fisher, Tenn got a new coach as well. Texas same thing but they have been winning as of late. Either way, they don't come into Florida every year and grab the best talent out of Florida. Texas and TAMU roster is filled mostly with the talent right there in their own state. They don't need to come to Florida and steal Florida talent.
I agree, even with average records like us they get the blue chips in their own state to stay home for the most part, that was my point. I'm with you though.

"bAgS bRo!"

great post

I agree with this. But I think OP is talking about the elite ones in south Florida. And there’s no doubt that’s there’s cash thrown around for those and even for some we wouldn’t regard as elite, especially in the SEC. Even with the big Chips gone there’s still usually plenty of meat on the bone left here. And like I said we get our fair share. But beyond the “bag game” how do you think a schools recruiting budgets and resources comes into play? Lastly I totally agree with the on field production tho I’d argue it’s been a clear drop off in The oline talent we’ve brought in recently. But do you truly think our development hasn’t Directly matched our talent we bring in? Meaning when you look back at our Classes and see who was drafted where do we truly have a handful of kids who we can say if they were developed properly they’d been higher picks or drafted in the first place?

I prefer not to list names because I think it'll derail the thread but there's at least a handful of kids that I think had the PHYSICAL ABILITY to have better careers here...and IMO would've led to them being drafted higher.

Prove something... we’ve been a joke for as long as these kids have been alive...

Can’t keep selling them on our last natty when they weren’t even born when we won It

Advertisement
Prove something... we’ve been a joke for as long as these kids have been alive...

Can’t keep selling them on our last natty when they weren’t even born when we won It
That sounds great until you watch teams like Tennessee have losing records and still pull multiple 5 stars and we can't pull one a class in an area that is loaded with them in a 30 mile radius from campus...….

That sounds great until you watch teams like Tennessee have losing records and still pull multiple 5 stars and we can't pull one a class in an area that is loaded with them in a 30 mile radius from campus...….
If you can’t see how Tenn is able to pull 5stars then this argument will go no where in hurry

Advertisement
If memory is correct...(Romberg talked about it last year)
UGA was 2.2 mil
Bama was 2 mil
Clemson 1.8 mil
Miami was 500k

**** only 500K we are on the same level as Miss St, Ole Miss, Kentucky, South Carolina....middle of the pack SEC schools

**** only 500K we are on the same level as Miss St, Ole Miss, Kentucky, South Carolina....middle of the pack SEC schools

This frustrates me more than a lot about the program. I get that we can't have 50 million Dollar locker rooms, but the AD cant find 1 million more for recruiting?

We have to give these kids something to believe in. They want to like to UM.

I've been around High School football players for 13 years now and I can remember 2 specific times where everybody was on our bandwagon.

1. When Jacory and co beat FSU on the road. I think we were ranked top-10 at the time.

2. When we smashed VT and ND in back-to-back games and we were the hottest thing in college football.

To be fair, I was coaching in Bradenton during those VT/ND beat downs so I wasn't around South Florida kids, but even on the West Coast of Florida people were jumping on the bandwagon.
And I specifically remember everybody being on UM's dingaling (locally) after we beat FSU that year.

We live in a fair-weather town. I don't think that's news to anybody. The kids are the same way. They are not going to jump on board if you're not winning.

We have to give these kids something to believe in. They want to like to UM.

I've been around High School football players for 13 years now and I can remember 2 specific times where everybody was on our bandwagon.

1. When Jacory and co beat FSU on the road. I think we were ranked top-10 at the time.

2. When we smashed VT and ND in back-to-back games and we were the hottest thing in college football.

To be fair, I was coaching in Bradenton during those VT/ND beat downs so I wasn't around South Florida kids, but even on the West Coast of Florida people were jumping on the bandwagon.
And I specifically remember everybody being on UM's dingaling (locally) after we beat FSU that year.

We live in a fair-weather town. I don't think that's news to anybody. The kids are the same way. They are not going to jump on board if you're not winning.
Couldn’t agree more with everything you said...

Hard to sell kids on the program when your losing to basketball schools and having terrible coaching (Doritos defense that was everything anti south Florida aggression/speed.. then Enos/Richts slow paced everything anti south Florida speed/tempo)

Advertisement
Back