This is unacceptable, we will continue to be 6-7 if this does not change.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I just spoke to James Williams.
he said he couldn’t read op’s article cause uga just gave him new glasses and he’s getting used to them.
1588884440408.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
There are programs that are not winning still pulling 5 stars (Tenn/Texas/Texas AM/etc), it can be done. For us to not be on the radar of that many kids from our state is utter failure.
The blueprint is out there for us - properly evaluate the kids in your back yard (our coaching staff can get to all of their games with a short car trip), build a relationship with them and offer them early. To aid this you use the allure of Miami the city and, sadly, the fading brand of the U to attract out of state kids from Texas, Arizona, NY etc. We need to get back to being the fastest, most aggressive mother****ing team on the field (at least in the ACC) - watching TuTu Atwell and co roast us breaks my heart. That's not the Miami I chose to support!

Despite the uproar when the ELITE SoFl kids leave to the SEC, I honestly wouldn't waste my time as the HC of Miami. The second it becomes a bidding war, our hat is just on the table for show come NSD.

Start winning 10 games for multiple seasons, then hit those ELITE SoFl kids up - although the offer will be different to the $$$ that the SEC brings. Some of them will bite.

Hence why we need to invest a bit more in other states. These kids are never coming back because we don’t have the backing to offer them what they’re receiving. They didn’t come for Butch, hence why half the 2001 team wasn’t from FL so why should we expect for any of them to come back? There are plenty of kids that would to be at Miami instead of playing for Ok St or some school like that.

It doesn’t mean we don’t look for the Greg Rousseau’s, Damon Arnette’s, and Randall St. Feliz’s in the world but we’re not going to find that type of kid every year down here.

Advertisement
Back