This is unacceptable, we will continue to be 6-7 if this does not change.

We have to give these kids something to believe in. They want to like to UM.

I've been around High School football players for 13 years now and I can remember 2 specific times where everybody was on our bandwagon.

1. When Jacory and co beat FSU on the road. I think we were ranked top-10 at the time.

2. When we smashed VT and ND in back-to-back games and we were the hottest thing in college football.

To be fair, I was coaching in Bradenton during those VT/ND beat downs so I wasn't around South Florida kids, but even on the West Coast of Florida people were jumping on the bandwagon.
And I specifically remember everybody being on UM's dingaling (locally) after we beat FSU that year.

We live in a fair-weather town. I don't think that's news to anybody. The kids are the same way. They are not going to jump on board if you're not winning.
I agree with all that but to not have a single 5 star kid on a team located in a hot bed full of them is laughable. The right Coach/staff would not be missing this many kids a stones throw from campus IMO. With our schedule and our joke of a division getting 10 wins a year and keeping some blue chips home is not that hard to do.

Advertisement
I agree with all that but to not have a single 5 star kid on a team located in a hot bed full of them is laughable. The right Coach/staff would not be missing this many kids a stones throw from campus IMO. With our schedule and our joke of a division getting 10 wins a year and keeping some blue chips home is not that hard to do.
Agree.

Sadly, I can't blame any of the kids for going elsewhere. Unfortunately, it's not a good business decision to come here given how irrelevant we've been for several years. We need to win and start rolling downhill and it'll make recruiting easier. Luckily, it's all what-have-you-done-for-me-lately. I'm really hoping King+Lashlee produce some wins and some hype and some of these kids change their mind before next recruiting season.

We CAN'T pay these kids like the SEC does and the bags are undefeated. Why can't some of you get that through you heads?

What can you do when these kids like James Williams are going to KKK country in Georgia where they can get shot for jogging
Y'all are so quick to knock these kids. Their so quick to go play for staff that's have proven to be men of their word atleast and develop the kids who do come play for them. Our staff I'm not even gonna get into the value of their words or lack thereof but do you really feel we develop the kids we do get at the vast majority of positions? How bout developing our back ups so they can step in once called upon? On top of that how bout a winning program? We don't check any of those boxes and on top of that we don't give incentives worth talking about. The real question should be in this world( THE REAL WORLD) what makes a kid say I need to come play for Miami? Is it cause a kid is from south floriduh he should simply say I'm supposed to pass up on far better options so I can stay home and play for coaches that have nothing but their own interest in mind and won't put me in position to capitalize on my God given talents. You all look at it sentimentally BECAUSE YOU GUYS ARE FANS... Take that fan **** out of the equation and make a sound decision understanding you have 4 years to capitalize on YOU AND CREATE YOUR BEST FUTURE... All that other **** y'all really gotta get out of your head. We've had plenty of good talent yet we continue to look lost. We continue to be horribly outcoached. We continue to have inferior talent with predictable game plans make us look like we don't belong on the field... Stop blaming the kids who leave home and realize they'd be crazy at this rate TO STAY HOME. When we can check off some of these boxes than we'll be in a position to succeed in recruiting and far more importantly to succeed in the field.

Advertisement
Y'all are so quick to knock these kids. Their so quick to go play for staff that's have proven to be men of their word atleast and develop the kids who do come play for them. Our staff I'm not even gonna get into the value of their words or lack thereof but do you really feel we develop the kids we do get at the vast majority of positions? How bout developing our back ups so they can step in once called upon? On top of that how bout a winning program? We don't check any of those boxes and on top of that we don't give incentives worth talking about. The real question should be in this world( THE REAL WORLD) what makes a kid say I need to come play for Miami? Is it cause a kid is from south floriduh he should simply say I'm supposed to pass up on far better options so I can stay home and play for coaches that have nothing but their own interest in mind and won't put me in position to capitalize on my God given talents. You all look at it sentimentally BECAUSE YOU GUYS ARE FANS... Take that fan **** out of the equation and make a sound decision understanding you have 4 years to capitalize on YOU AND CREATE YOUR BEST FUTURE... All that other **** y'all really gotta get out of your head. We've had plenty of good talent yet we continue to look lost. We continue to be horribly outcoached. We continue to have inferior talent with predictable game plans make us look like we don't belong on the field... Stop blaming the kids who leave home and realize they'd be crazy at this rate TO STAY HOME. When we can check off some of these boxes than we'll be in a position to succeed in recruiting and far more importantly to succeed in the field.

Kirby and his all knowing staff have exactly ZERO safeties in the NFL

Glad James Williams is going to that school to be developed by the far superior coaching staff maybe they'll switch him to LB?

Lets look at his linebackers:
David Bellamy - Undrafted
Tae Crowder -7th round pick this year
Natrez Patrick - Undrafted
Roquan Smith - 1st round
D'Andre Walker -5th round

I'm glad Kirby Smart is developing these highly recruited players into nothing, **** his highest drafted player committed to Richt

So yes I'll knock James Williams to go to UGA

Glad James Williams is going to that school to be developed by the far superior coaching staff maybe they'll switch him to LB?

Roquan Smith - 1st round

I'm glad Kirby Smart is developing these highly recruited players into nothing, **** his highest drafted player committed to Richt

I'm not talking about James Williams. I'm talking about kids in his situation that have every option available to them they have zero incentive to come here. U mention safeties and linebackers yet neglect all others. I'm not even speaking about Georgia. I'm talking about any school's out there other than Miami who are actually in play for kids that are studs. No need in breaking down what schools those are as we all know where they go. By the way when you mention staffs(not universities)this staff hasn't achieved **** when it comes to actually putting kids in position to get drafted at a spot worthy of their talent. You mention linebackers and that's crazy as we JUST HAD TWO STUD LINEBACKERS that only one of barely made it onto that list. By the way while you knock Kirby( who I hate as a coach) you should also know all these kids from bama that acknowledge his role in developing them. Obviously incentives come into play as well. That's where us checking off some boxes is so critical. It's laughable trying to debate this at all. What kids are being drafted early ever under Manny since he was anything more than a position coach? You mention safeties like we have some stuff safeties getting drafted early. It's sad what our safety production has become. On top of things thats where a chunk of our kids who are the most highly recruited come from. It's safeties,running backs and wide outs that we get the highest rated kids at. How's that working for you? C'mon bruh. You know your football most of the time. Now put logic into the equation.

Roquan Smith - 1st round

I agree on the UGA stuff all they do is throw money. They do not develop squat. Case and point Fromm. Kid got worse year after year.

Advertisement
Development is just one aspect.

You also have to factor in: (1) who's winning; (2) national exposure. Didn't we have 2 home games last year that were not aired on TV? Conversely, UGA, Bama, Clemson, etc. have been consistently good and they are getting top billing on the local airwaves; and (3) stadium/game day experience.

We're never going to have 80,000+ for the Bethune Cookmans of the world, so we need to hit on development, winning, and TV exposure. And we've failed in each regard since early- to mid-2000.

The goal and hope is that the transfers and better coaching and just better luck (stop missing chip shots field goals??), plus a ****** schedule, gets you to ten wins and then the recruiting builds to make it sustainable.

TBD.

Advertisement
Back