This game is on Enos

Advertisement
When your oline is getting beat off the snap like that , sometimes it doesn’t matter what you call. But again that’s up to the playcaller to try scheme around it

A lot of those boys had the deer in the headlights look last night, including some of the coaches. Any retards who thought this was a playoff team I’m glad reality hit you. Good news is that the ACC season is 0-0

A lot of those boys had the deer in the headlights look last night, including some of the coaches. Any retards who thought this was a playoff team I’m glad reality hit you. Good news is that the ACC season is 0-0
Agreed. Also, what stands out to me was the number of ridiculous penalties vs our offense (especially for delay of game). This is all on coaching. Also, they allowed 1 sack with their 4 new starters on their OL vs our supposed great defensive front. Conversely, they sacked us 10 times. Play calling sucked for much of the game (Enos). We’re going to lose a few games we’re expecting to breeze through.

Advertisement
Sure you can , max protection , chipping, going 12 personnel and keeping a te in. That wasn’t happening , he left the kid to drown. This is on nanny and Enos.

Neither team or staff deserved that win.

I am looking forward to @Lance Roffers analysis. I don't think he did everything, but he didn't do nothing either. The interior of the OL was as big a problem in a lot of spots too.

Advertisement
Did we a single RPO the entire game? Any read option?

These are the easiest plays to run, which is why everybody does. It just requires the QB to count the men in the box for an RPO, or make one read for a read option.

I don’t remember one the entire game.
It was one during the 4th quarter in the red zone and Deejay took it for no gain or a small loss. IF Jarren would’ve kept it and took it running left he would’ve scored. Not one UF defender was there.

Absolutely horrible gameplan. The entire world knew Florida’s DL was a bad matchup for our OL yet Enos did nothing to scheme around our weakness. He had Jarren under center on 2 & 21 running slow developing play action passes. And that’s not even getting into the delay of game and false start penalties. I thought his hallmark was supposed to be adapting his offense to fit his personnel but I saw no indication of that last night.

Sure you can , max protection , chipping, going 12 personnel and keeping a te in. That wasn’t happening , he left the kid to drown. This is on nanny and Enos.
This is what I found most disconcerting. They should have expected the OL to struggle, yet they seemed completely unprepared and made no adjustments even when it was obvious that our DT’s were overmatched.

Most of the plays were slow developing plays and we dont have that Bama type of line to complete that yet. He should of stuck to the first series script and no telling how the game would of played out.

Advertisement
Enos choked. Period. He looked lost and scared half of the game. His goal was to not lose, instead of trying to win.
Enos is not a trash can 🗑 but this statement 👆🏾is the absolute truth! When are people gonna realize that the Miami Hurricanes don’t win playing it safe. It isn’t our identity at all. We are aggressive and don’t a brake or yellow light. All green only or you lose, especially when we’re the underdog.

I will give Enos a pass because he really did not know what he had at OL or QB until there were bullets flying all around in live action.

We will learn a lot more about Enos in Chapel Hill.

Hopefully he can game plan and have the team better prepared as the season goes by. He will have tape to work with in the film room and will have more things to emphasize to clean up.

Most of the plays were slow developing plays and we dont have that Bama type of line to complete that yet. He should of stuck to the first series script and no telling how the game would of played out.
That’s what I don’t understand. We drove right down the field the first drive with quick passes and challenging their secondary to make open field tackles. There was very little of that after the first qtr

Advertisement
OL issues are what they are, they’ll progress though. I was more mad at the abundance of delay of games and lack of sense of urgency.

Zion looked like a 2 star.
Campbell looked like a 3 star.
Is what it is.
Dumb post. Zion looked like a true freshman going against a potential 1st round draft pick in Zuniga and an experienced college player in Greenard. Same for Campbell but I did think he needed to be bench at halftime. He looked lost at times.

OL issues are what they are, they’ll progress though. I was more mad at the abundance of delay of games and lack of sense of urgency.

Campbell was the only one having false start penalties. After the 1st quarter nerves should be at ease. After scoring before half confidence should be at a all time high.

Enos is a good playcaller. U could see that in the first drive. The problem is, this is not the right scheme for our team or any Miami team in the last decade. Especially bc of the oline. We should be running a true spread.
He is a good playcaller overall but choked and got caught in headlights last night. This isn’t exclusively the right scheme for our team because it’s made for a team with elite recruits and a high blue chip ratio especially across the oline.

That scheme is great and is not outdated, he just should’ve mixed it up calling more spread plays during the second half. The spread formations of his spread coast offense should have been our 2nd half adjustment. That would’ve caught UF for a loop. Mix RPOs and wildcat with that and have Jarren keep quite a few of them to keep the defense honest. The only RPO of the night was handed to Deejay for a loss in the red zone, but if Jarren would’ve kept it, running left, he would’ve scored easily.

A true spread limits the playbook where the spread coast when called right and timely keeps the defense off balance and guessing. We brought him in due to his ability to teach and mix these looks up during a game.

That same offense we saw last night is gonna burn most ACC opponents because our oline will be better able to block their ends opposed to UF’s NFL DEs. They will adjust too, and hopefully the moment won’t be too big for Enos to adjust as well when they do. The offense is fine. The playcalling in the second half was not. He didn’t adjust.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back