This game is on Enos

What? Anything inside the 10 should not be fielded. There is no logic in it, whatsoever.
Terrible play even attempting that.
He catches it and we at about the 8. He lets it bounce and we most likely at the 1 or 2. The point is he should have caught it.

Advertisement
I have three gripes with what he did. One of them big. One minor. One alarming.

Minor - Tate Martell. I list this as minor bc I'm pretty sure that **** we saw yesterday w him wont happen again. An absolute failure.

Big - We STILL are taking too long to hike the ******* ball. Why is this so difficult?

Alarming - that mid game offensive stagnation. Less than 10 yds total in the 3rd quarter. Very richt like.

I agree with OP, sabetta and the others who are highly critical of Enos. He was a little too arrogant for me and Grantham made him pay for it. The plays were there with just a smidget of better technique and experience so i get why he had a hard time going away from his gameplan. Grantham obviously knew he had the athletes to shut that ****vdown before it could develop,after the first drive.

The delayed blitzes destroyed the 5 to 7 step drop routes because our oline was getting man handled. Like others have said, Enos should have adjusted quicker. I don't mind being under center. Those formations alone keep a defense honest so passing can be lethal from them.

The problem was too much play action. Quick, 3 step drops would have eaten that defense up and helped our oline.

The offensive woes are on Enos, Jarren, and the Oline(Coach B). Enos- for not helping his players out with better personnel grouping, matchup indentification, and playcalling.

Jarren -for losing valuable yards taking sacks/running out of bounds, pulling his eyes down too fast, instead of throwing the ball away.

Oline- being young, weak, inexperienced

He catches it and we at about the 8. He lets it bounce and we most likely at the 1 or 2. The point is he should have caught it.

Point is. You're inside the 10 and there's a high chance it bounces into the end zone. Have the ball at the 2 or not have the ball?

Remove the margin of error because the risk isn't worth the ***** reward. You're arguing a dumb *** point, really.

I have three gripes with what he did. One of them big. One minor. One alarming.

Minor - Tate Martell. I list this as minor bc I'm pretty sure that **** we saw yesterday w him wont happen again. An absolute failure.

Big - We STILL are taking too long to hike the ******* ball. Why is this so difficult?

Alarming - that mid game offensive stagnation. Less than 10 yds total in the 3rd quarter. Very richt like.

I’m not a huge Martell fan but there were 3 big running plays with him on the field. Whether he had any effect on those outcomes I don’t know.

What was most alarming for me was the lack of shifts, motion, and using formations to negate their edge rushers. The first drive almost definitely was scripted and practice to a tee, and then it fell apart. Spread them out and quick fire a slant, put two TEs out there and George, see how they line up and motion Jordan into space. I thought this offense was supposed to make easy reads pre snap and an outlet every play post snap.

I firmly believe the offense isn’t fully implemented or Enos is lacking confidence in them because if this is the full install and how he wants to run it this offense will be horrendous all year.

The best offense in the second half was the wildcat. If that’s where this team is at with this offense all year they should just run that, RPO and the read option out of the shotgun because play action from under center was a death sentence every time.

I think things get better from here and I think we see more shotgun, 3 step drops, and easy quick reads. If we don’t Enos is extremely arrogant or ignorant about the talent and preparedness of this offense.

Advertisement
Point is. You're inside the 10 and there's a high chance it bounces into the end zone. Have the ball at the 2 or not have the ball?

Remove the margin of error because the risk isn't worth the ***** reward. You're arguing a dumb *** point, really.
You do understand that it’s a risk anytime a player fair catches the ball in traffic right? It’s easy to sit back and ***** about what he should’ve done but If he catches the ball we not having this conversation. Don’t matter because what happened happened.

JW holds the ball too long, OL is suspect. **** we already knew..
I really think the people saying JW held onto it too long don't understand he literally was scrambling avoiding sacks all night as soon as he touched the snap. So the couple of times he actually had time he was trying to create a play plus the receivers weren't getting separation. Hard not to hang on to it with no one to throw it to. The one real bad one was when the check down was wide open I think Herb pointed it out

Houston doesn’t play UF in openers, let alone an ACC schedule annually. The Big 12 has spreads all over the conference, but what happens when they play bowl games against other conference teams? When was the last time an *exclusively* spread offense won a NC?
Oregon was close but they didn't have a defense like ours. Usually teams that run the spread do not have a defense that can stop the other team. It would be a different story if we had a Kendal Briles type offense. FSpoo will have a warm up game to work out the kinks. I just see their offense being significantly better than last year.

Donaldson isnt even fast enough to play guard with how slow he is. Whoever gave him 4 stars at rivals needs to be fired. Dude is a tub of lard out there
Dead ***. I always said that I don’t understand how ND and Scaife were actually close to being 5 stars. They play like high school kids still.

Advertisement
I dont agree that it's all on Enos, the coaches job is to put you in position to win, I felt they did that. The game was only separated by 1 or 2 plays.

What offense does Briles run?

So u believe that our offensive identity should be spread, and that we should go shotgun formation exclusively as a football program going forward no matter what level of personnel our team has from year to year?

I agree that your 2nd paragraph should have been employed during the second half. But as an adjustment only not exclusively for our program going forward.
Who cares what offense Briles runs

Advertisement
penos.jpeg

I genuinely believe this offense is so complicated that outside of the likely scripted first drive Enos was forced to scale back his motion, shifts, etc...

But with that said his guys weren’t prepared, careful with the ball and at this point Williams looks ******* demoralized and shell shocked. Great way to destroy a young quarterback confidence early on.
Knew this would happen. We’ve destroyed another QB.

Advertisement
Knew this would happen. We’ve destroyed another QB.
This offense is too cute. I’m surprise Manny doesn’t adjust especially considering the type of defense he plays. Gotta think this O looks different going into ACC play. If not, I lose faith in Diaz

Advertisement
Back