This Defense is going to be NASTY

Advertisement
And Miami doesn’t have players to make up for it? You sadly are mistaken with that rationale.

Miami has a plethora of players at db to replace those 3 and on the dline you get trevon hill and Rousseau back. Miami has talent at dt as well. The play of the front 7 alone will help ease the new dbs in
I didn't say Miami doesn't have the talent too I'm just saying they don't have a lot of experience which is worrisome when the first game will be the toughest. Usually when talented but less experienced players take over as full time starters it gets better as the season goes on but they don't have that luxury this year with the tough first game

Hall and Carter will be more productive and effective in our defense than Quan and Redwine. Some will think I’m crazy for saying this but I’m sure some will understand what I mean. These young guys had to wait their turn behind some solid vets in Quan and Redwine but they are more athletic and more physical. I’m not saying the 2 guys we lost were scrubs I’m just saying that nobody feared them. Players on offense will learn VERY soon to be aware of where 26 & 5 are at all times. I predict both players will be drafted higher than any of our players from last year.
Call me crazy but I don’t think carter is going to win the job. Bubba bolden is too ******* good I think he will win the job and be an awesome safety for us

All in all yes, the first game at least on paper will be the toughest and it’s right out of the gate. I think our DL play will have Franks running for his life with few opportunities in between to get downfield against our inexperienced back end. Watch Diaz and Baker be ultra aggressive to start off the game in hopes our offense can score and build an early lead. We get that and honestly, it’s going to be lights out for the hated Gayturd. Stopping the run will be critical - we prove the mettle of our DL against 4 out of 5 new starters on their OL and kiss Mullet’s offense good night. It wouldn’t shock me to see at least 4 sacks, 10-12 TFL, and a pick or 2, especially after befuddling Felipe so badly with different looks and a team with a chip on its shoulders starting off the season not ranked versus UFag’s Top 10 preseason ranking. We get up 10-14 on them kiss this game goodbye for Danny Mullet.

Advertisement
Call me crazy but I don’t think carter is going to win the job. Bubba bolden is too ******* good I think he will win the job and be an awesome safety for us

You could be right but Carter has 2 years worth of experience in our system and is a playmaker in his own right. I’m ok with whichever one wins the job but we haven’t seen anything yet from Bubba in college to say he will start over Carter.

Defense will be fine will need it to be exceptionally good until the offense starts to gel.New oc,hc coaching first time as the hc sure there will some hiccups which could cost us a game or two.soft schedule or not I'm gonna realistically not expect a 10 win season.next season he's but not this year.no one here knows what to expect out of an enos led offense.I'm just gonna get my friends bud,Jack and jose and enjoy the ride.

Advertisement
I think our defense will be more stout against the run, but we may loose a step in the secondary due to inexperience, we definitely have the talent though.

Advertisement
This Defense will be better this year than it was last year. After watching the highlights of the returning players and new additions I truly believe that this will be the most dominant defense we have seen in years.

Romeo Finley Top Plays 2018

Trajan Bandy Top Plays 2018

Jonathan Garvin Top Plays 2018

Shaquille Quarterman Top Plays 2018

Michael Pinckney Top Plays 2018

LOL. Watching highlights of players is the most sure fire way to disappointment and being completely detached of reality.

"Players were really fly'n around out there in practice!"

I think him having a good combine showing will really vault him up... Kid is a player who can lineup with some of these hybrid TEs and run with them enough to negate the big matchup problems they usually present
That's where the league is headed now. I see him as a Deion Jones or Deone Bucannon type of player. With a big year he could be a Day 2 pick easily.

This board has transformed Willis into the greatest DT in school history since Warren Sapp, all because people just don't want to get their hopes up too high & bet let down again.

I've had this argument before & have grown tired of having it everyday...
The Defense will survive without Willis, I promise yall lol.
Was almost certain I'd find this post in the thread. This seeming crusade of yours against Willis (or the people who state Willis had an incredible impact on last year's defense; one disproportionate to any DT we've had in some time) continues to leave me confused, @Liberty City El.

I'm gonna reply each time because downplaying what he accomplished - whether to just even out board extremism or prop up LBs - isn't backed by the numbers or the plays on video. As I've stated dozens of times, I respect the **** out of you as a poster (don't know you off the board). I just don't get this need to bring down Willis' 2018 performance and impact. Is it more about annoyance of posters being exaggerated?

My detailed thoughts (including showing how Willis was consistently effective, rather than the weird narrative now going around that he dominated mostly our crap opponents) on the topic are here: https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...e-defense-ft-d-and-coach-duasso.147640/page-2

Maybe we can reasonably discuss this or we just drop it, who knows.

Advertisement
This board has transformed Willis into the greatest DT in school history since Warren Sapp, all because people just don't want to get their hopes up too high & bet let down again.

I've had this argument before & have grown tired of having it everyday...
The Defense will survive without Willis, I promise yall lol.

No he was probably just the best DT we’ve had since Wilfork.

Was almost certain I'd find this post in the thread. This seeming crusade of yours against Willis (or the people who state Willis had an incredible impact on last year's defense; one disproportionate to any DT we've had in some time) continues to leave me confused, @Liberty City El.

I'm gonna reply each time because downplaying what he accomplished - whether to just even out board extremism or prop up LBs - isn't backed by the numbers or the plays on video. As I've stated dozens of times, I respect the **** out of you as a poster (don't know you off the board). I just don't get this need to bring down Willis' 2018 performance and impact. Is it more about annoyance of posters being exaggerated?

My detailed thoughts (including showing how Willis was consistently effective, rather than the weird narrative now going around that he dominated mostly our crap opponents) on the topic are here: https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...e-defense-ft-d-and-coach-duasso.147640/page-2

Maybe we can reasonably discuss this or we just drop it, who knows.
Dominant production but he wasn’t a flawless player and had inconsistencies in his game and that’s been repeated from draft evaluators before the draft who look more deeply in to his film than just stat production. You can see it in games. If he doesn’t get past you with the swim move what happens?

Dominant production but he wasn’t a flawless player and had inconsistencies in his game and that’s been repeated from draft evaluators before the draft who look more deeply in to his film than just stat production. You can see it in games. If he doesn’t get past you with the swim move what happens?
The issue is that swim move was exceptionally successful it just won't be as successful at the NFL level. None of the other DTs on roster have shown to have a go to winning move

Jesus. Who the heck said he was a flawless player? What kind of straw man arguments are those where a player can’t be dominant (and disproportionately dominant to what we’ve seen here at DT) unless he is perfectly consistent? Aaron Donald went through games where he got washed out. Let’s bring down his NFL dominance?

Let’s please stop repeating narratives and vaguely referring to random insistences in games. Let’s see the video. Let’s see consistent videos, too, not just a few examples that can be shown for any DT in the nation. Then let’s compare those to the big plays (not just sacks and TFLs, but disruptions, too) he made. Then look at it relative to other DTs. Especially ones **** bent on getting upfield as part of their scheme. ****, I forgot who, in a discussion about Willis’ 2018 performance, it was that mentioned Willis struggled against Wisconsin. He didn’t even play in the game.

Advertisement
Back