This board is soft

I think we're forgetting that these young men are scholar athletes they haven't been kicked out of school only the team.I don't know the number but a degree from UM is worth a good bit of money and the education is payed for
Do I think the punishment is harsh. Yes.Do I wish there was a level playing field for all schools again yes.But this is Miami we are on probation and there are a lot of haters out there just waiting to take us down
Whoever is to blame does it really matter at this point.Theyre off the team I wish them both good luck in the future and I do believe they will both play on Sunday's This is over we have a game in six days that's where the focus needs to be

Advertisement
Why did the rental company even speak with the university in the first place. They should have told them to go pound sand. The university would have zero outside of an Uncorroborated statement from a hurt girlfriend.

How is that better? UM still has to tell NCAA what they know and if they don't have much info, NCAA will just go looking for it. Another multi year investigation, regardless of the outcome, would be disastrous to this program.

Players do wrong things. That does not mean the administration is right in its reaction or that is has anyone's best interest at heart other than its own. What is missing is some sort of way to punish the administration and its "players" for their mistakes. Did anyone get fired for failing to do proper due diligence on Nevin? Why wasn't Donna dismissed for taking tainted money? Is greedy old woman a proper defense?

I have no way of knowing the true facts of this case, but find it impossible to trust the administration. If they would yank Donna's pension, I would feel much better about players getting punished.

"I have no way of knowing the true facts of this case"

Should stop there

Hasn't stopped him or the other geniuses from slaying UM on this issue. It's reached comedic levels at this point.

You really have to laugh. I've Realized that all those stereotypes about our fan base are pretty much 100% true.
It literally does not matter what you show this crowd.

Advertisement
Why did the rental company even speak with the university in the first place. They should have told them to go pound sand. The university would have zero outside of an Uncorroborated statement from a hurt girlfriend.

How is that better? UM still has to tell NCAA what they know and if they don't have much info, NCAA will just go looking for it. Another multi year investigation, regardless of the outcome, would be disastrous to this program.

That's not even remotely true. You should do some homework and see the amount of stuff that comes in the enforcement branch of the NCAA as potential violations. They aren't wasting their time on this type of crap. The NCAA has very little successful with these type of violations and many potential major ones because they have no subpoena power and no jurisdiction outside of its member programs.

Miami's compliance would have had nothing if not for the car place. A simple understanding between the car place and the players prior to the leak is all it would have taken. But Miami and its athletes are amateurs at this.

How bout you blame the players that let their whole ****ing team down, fvckstick.

You and your butt buddies love blaming everyone but the guys who actually did it.

I bet you're the type of dude that says "free my n!gga" after he killed 3 people and raped another.

Hey here comes one ^

In one breath you guys strut around bragging about The U documentaries and our "swagger", and then in the next breath you sit on your high horse and throw stones at these 19 year old kids for driving around a rental car. I'm guessing you have the wherewithal to understand that NONE of those 80's & 90's teams you worship would've survived this current administration/compliance department?

Would you be singing a different tune if we had 4 less titles because of it?

They lied, idiot. Not only did they lie, they took illegal benefits, KNOWING that we are on probation. You sound stupider, and stupider by the minute, young buck.

Wow, a college kid lied.

Remember when this University and football program took bad kids off the streets and gave them a chance in life? Now we throw them under the bus to save face with the NCAA for our past President & AD's incompetencies in dealing with rogue booster Nevin Shapiro.

If you want to argue that AQM deserves what he got because it isn't his first merry-go-round, then fine. But Grace, a first time offender and all-around great kid, being throw off the team is downright criminal.

Yep they sure got thrown under the bus... They got thrown under the bus so the team we all love can continue to build upwards and not get obliterated by the NCAA because of these two dumbasses. They got thrown under the bus so bad the university is still allowing them to finish their education on a full academic scholarship, which by the way is bettering them. I guess you must think football is the only way these players can better themselves. Sure tells me a lot about how you perceive these players. Fake ***!

That's not even remotely true. You should do some homework and see the amount of stuff that comes in the enforcement branch of the NCAA as potential violations. They aren't wasting their time on this type of crap. The NCAA has very little successful with these type of violations and many potential major ones because they have no subpoena power and no jurisdiction outside of its member programs.

Miami's compliance would have had nothing if not for the car place. A simple understanding between the car place and the players prior to the leak is all it would have taken. But Miami and its athletes are amateurs at this.

So now you want Miami to cover up major violations? Where you a SMU booster in the 80's?
I concur we have some dumb fans!

No one gonna care about this next year because we will have better players and start bossin the cfb world. We will be fine because of the recruits we getting so who gives a ***....the admin sucked *** and we still have 5 titles

Thank you. Some of these folks on here either are too young to remember or weren't paying attention.

Tad Foote HATED football, and Jimmy Johnson in particular HATED Tad. Ask Barry Alvarez about Donna and Wisconsin football. She was smart enough at Wisconsin and Miami to know how important big time athletics is to a D1 school. I am not excusing 3 bad coaching hires, or the revolving door of ADs during her tenure, but we had a much worse administration before Donna. To her credit, she got the BUC built and hired coach Larranaga.

We can't keep crying over spilled milk. This admin did what we never thought they would, and ponied up big $ for a big name HC. We are also close to getting an IPF, and close to getting off of probation. This is not the time for stupid mistakes.

This is on the players...period.

I agree with everything but donna she held the program back as far as foktball is concerned

Advertisement
Blake James says re: AQM,Grace: "We discovered things that didn't look right. There came to a point where there wasn't any other option."

That's your AD folks.

Blake James says re: AQM,Grace: "We discovered things that didn't look right. There came to a point where there wasn't any other option."

That's your AD folks.

when your football players are rolling onto campus with luxury cars, it's hard not to think that **** doesn't look right. it's weird enough when some kid that comes from the ghetto rolls onto campus in a brand new charger on rims that cost more than a down payment on a house.

So now you want Miami to cover up major violations? Where you a SMU booster in the 80's?

This wasn't a major violation scenario dude. Not even close. This type of thing, or things similar are happening all over the college landscape but only Miami players are the ones getting caught. You think it's because the compliance office at Miami is a whirlwind of great investigators? They are as useless at that as you are. Did you even notice how bad the NCAA investigators are?

Most all major programs have a couple of "those" guys who lend a helping hand with this simple scenario. The NCAA doesn't hate Miami. Miami is just dumb and careless.

Advertisement

This wasn't a major violation scenario dude. Not even close. This type of thing, or things similar are happening all over the college landscape but only Miami players are the ones getting caught. You think it's because the compliance office at Miami is a whirlwind of great investigators? They are as useless at that as you are. Did you even notice how bad the NCAA investigators are?

Most all major programs have a couple of "those" guys who lend a helping hand with this simple scenario. The NCAA doesn't hate Miami. Miami is just dumb and careless.

No doubt it happens everywhere and UM kids get caught because we're amateurs. But how do you figure it's not a major violation? Sounds like they used very expensive cars multiple times, I'm guessing the bills would have added up to 10s of thousands. a meal or two is minor, thousands in rental fees is not.

Always defending the University, even though time and time again they have shown themselves to be incompetent in matters such as this.

The same posters who defend this decision are the same ones who defended Shalala for 10+ years and told the rest of us that we were crazy for thinking/knowing she was corrupt. I'm sick of reading from you pu$$ies.

If you walked the campus and put in work down there you would know better. Problem is you get all your narratives from the media; you're on the outside looking in.

I don't stand outside your house and pretend to know what goes on inside, do i?

Listen to people who lived there.

Advertisement
Grace did nothing wrong

tumblr_m51guydSbd1qgsxxo.gif

With all of the fabulous lawyering going on here, the important thing that I've taken away from this thread is that ILoveTDs could be the new Dirty Sprite or Fully Ericht.

The timing of this stunk. UM mismanaged the investigation. It took way too long. They hired outside counsel who took their sweet ole Time .The OP is correct in a way .The U as usual bungled this. These idiots hired Shalala who has been a part of the Clinton Crime Family for years. Where is she now -heading the corrupt Clinton Foundation. She paid Hillary 250 grand to speak at the U and then went to work for her. She is a stain on the reputation of the U and screwed the football team big time.

Advertisement
Back