This board is soft

No one gonna care about this next year because we will have better players and start bossin the cfb world. We will be fine because of the recruits we getting so who gives a ***....the admin sucked *** and we still have 5 titles

Thank you. Some of these folks on here either are too young to remember or weren't paying attention.

Tad Foote HATED football, and Jimmy Johnson in particular HATED Tad. Ask Barry Alvarez about Donna and Wisconsin football. She was smart enough at Wisconsin and Miami to know how important big time athletics is to a D1 school. I am not excusing 3 bad coaching hires, or the revolving door of ADs during her tenure, but we had a much worse administration before Donna. To her credit, she got the BUC built and hired coach Larranaga.

We can't keep crying over spilled milk. This admin did what we never thought they would, and ponied up big $ for a big name HC. We are also close to getting an IPF, and close to getting off of probation. This is not the time for stupid mistakes.

This is on the players...period.

Advertisement
Miami was severe in their punishment. But theres not a conspiracy here. When you are providing somebody with a great opportunity, resources, education, housing, and more and they put your establishment in jeopardy than you have every right to protect yourself.

Like I said, Grace is being thrown under the bus for sins of our past (Shalala Era).

But this goes beyond that. We have an incompetent administration that has proven time and time again for the past 15 years that it can't control it's OWN employees, much less make decisions on the future of 19 year old kids.

So, again you make it seem as if Grace has no accountability for his actions. He is being punished for breaking the rules. He did that, not Donna, not Nevin. The current probation and the need to deal with problems harshly and decisively is a result of the past. Grace's situation is a result of his stupidity.

I never said he shouldn't be punished. Both players should be punished for what they did.

But being kicked off the team is equivalent to locking someone up for life who deserved a 5-7 year sentence.

To make this simple for you cause you seem to not understand. What happens to a person who is on probation but gets caught doing another crime? Are they let off the hook or do they go to jail?

Grace wasn't on "probation." He's a first time offender.

I get it now. This guy doesn't understand that Miami as a school is under probation. He has no idea what the **** NCAA probation even is.

Thats why he doesnt get it.

No one gonna care about this next year because we will have better players and start bossin the cfb world. We will be fine because of the recruits we getting so who gives a ***....the admin sucked *** and we still have 5 titles

Thank you. Some of these folks on here either are too young to remember or weren't paying attention.

Tad Foote HATED football, and Jimmy Johnson in particular HATED Tad. Ask Barry Alvarez about Donna and Wisconsin football. She was smart enough at Wisconsin and Miami to know how important big time athletics is to a D1 school. I am not excusing 3 bad coaching hires, or the revolving door of ADs during her tenure, but we had a much worse administration before Donna. To her credit, she got the BUC built and hired coach Larranaga.

We can't keep crying over spilled milk. This admin did what we never thought they would, and ponied up big $ for a big name HC. We are also close to getting an IPF, and close to getting off of probation. This is not the time for stupid mistakes.

Like I said, Donna apologists littered all over this board ^

And if you disagree with them they will say "you must be too young to remember this or that."

Funny you don't mention the failing University hospital, or the Shapiro scandal happening on her watch, or the fact that she didn't hire Larranaga he hired us, or that the finance director of the Marine School (promoted by Donna) was caught embezzling 3 million dollars from the University, or that we haven't played in a single conference championship game since she began micromanaging athletics, or her failed AD hires (all young puppets), failed HC hires and her reluctance to pay reasonable coaching salaries, on and on and on.

Last edited:
Advertisement
They lied, idiot. Not only did they lie, they took illegal benefits, KNOWING that we are on probation. You sound stupider, and stupider by the minute, young buck.

Wow, a college kid lied.

Remember when this University and football program took bad kids off the streets and gave them a chance in life? Now we throw them under the bus to save face with the NCAA for our past President & AD's incompetencies in dealing with rogue booster Nevin Shapiro.

If you want to argue that AQM deserves what he got because it isn't his first merry-go-round, then fine. But Grace, a first time offender and all-around great kid, being throw off the team is downright criminal.

If we dont suspend those 2, the NCAA takes notice, and we get ****ed for something that is known as LACK OF INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL.

Remember that term? Thats the term that ***** slapped us into the mess that we had to deal with for the last 6 years. Would you like to endure that grueling process all over again?

Like I said, Grace is being thrown under the bus for sins of our past (Shalala Era).

But this goes beyond that. We have an incompetent administration that has proven time and time again for the past 15 years that it can't control it's OWN employees, much less make decisions on the future of 19 year old kids.

So, again you make it seem as if Grace has no accountability for his actions. He is being punished for breaking the rules. He did that, not Donna, not Nevin. The current probation and the need to deal with problems harshly and decisively is a result of the past. Grace's situation is a result of his stupidity.

Great job, Dr.! Absolutely!!

Like I said, Donna apologists littered all over this board ^

And if you disagree with them they will say "you must be too young to remember this or that."

Funny you don't mention the failing University hospital, or the Shapiro scandal happening on her watch, or the fact that she didn't hire Larranaga he hired us, or that the finance director of the Marine School (promoted by Donna) was caught embezzling 3 million dollars from the University, or that we haven't played in a single conference championship game since she began micromanaging athletics, or her failed AD hires (all young puppets), failed HC hires and her reluctance to pay reasonable coaching salaries, on and on and on.

Wow, you obviously have zero reading comprehension skills. I am not a Donna apologist, and I DID mention the HC and AD issues, which you said I DIDN'T...so now you can make things up to support your misguided and unpopular opinion? Does that make you feel better?

The point I was making is simple; yes the football program had a very difficult time during Donna's tenure, but not because she had some malicious goal to undermine the program. She, and the people she hired made some bad decisions, for which we are still suffering. They made a couple of good ones too. But if you think Donna was deliberately trying to sabotage the football program, then you don't understand what was going on when Foote was president. Barry Alvarez, who knows more about big time college football than a thousand of you and me put together, has always praised Donna for her support of athletics. Unfortunately for us, while the intent and understanding was there, the execution was way off. But I will say this, from first-hand knowledge, she went to bat for us 100% against the corrupt NCAA investigation into the Shapiro scandal.

And back to the ORIGINAL point of all of this. You can complain about the severity of the punishment all you want, but the fact is that these players broke the rules while on a team under probation. They are the only ones responsible for their actions, and must suffer the consequences. Maybe after a few more pages of posts re-stating the same thing, over and over and over, you'll understand that your position on this is flawed, misguided, immature, irresponsible and generally not agreed to by the vast majority of those who have chosen to respond.

Last edited:
Players do wrong things. That does not mean the administration is right in its reaction or that is has anyone's best interest at heart other than its own. What is missing is some sort of way to punish the administration and its "players" for their mistakes. Did anyone get fired for failing to do proper due diligence on Nevin? Why wasn't Donna dismissed for taking tainted money? Is greedy old woman a proper defense?

I have no way of knowing the true facts of this case, but find it impossible to trust the administration. If they would yank Donna's pension, I would feel much better about players getting punished.

I guess most of you have come to terms with the fact that we won't win another title in this current CFB landscape.

We recruit kids from the roughest backgrounds in all of CFB, and then we govern our program like we're Stanford.

Um... is Stanford even on probation?

Kind of making the case against yourself right there?

I get the mold here. Its everyone else's fault... Self entitled, arrogant and ignorant all at the same time. Its a dangerous combo most often found in lazy people who refuse to deal with reality and prefer to stay in their own world negating all factual evidence as nonsense. The problem isn't as much the living in your own world, its standing up on the highest platform and announcing to the world that your mindless. I mean thanks for the advertisement, but caring about us should be the least of your concerns at this point.

Where did I say it was anyone else's fault? And where did I say that Grace & AQM should recieve no punishment?

This debate is about the severity of the punishment handed down, not whether it warranted one at all. I can see that some of you don't have the brain power to separate the two.

No based on your logical comprehension of the issue I was claiming that was your mold.

And I love how your steered away from the logical fallacy in your argument.

Unfortunately if you know anything about Miami and its current state we need to police worse than Stanford because we are on probation. Taking that out of context makes your argument void of logic.

Also this claim that you know everything is a joke. Tell me why did the rental agency mention anything at all about "test drives?"

Advertisement
I guess most of you have come to terms with the fact that we won't win another title in this current CFB landscape.

We recruit kids from the roughest backgrounds in all of CFB, and then we govern our program like we're Stanford.

I get the mold here. Its everyone else's fault... Self entitled, arrogant and ignorant all at the same time. Its a dangerous combo most often found in lazy people who refuse to deal with reality and prefer to stay in their own world negating all factual evidence as nonsense. The problem isn't as much the living in your own world, its standing up on the highest platform and announcing to the world that your mindless. I mean thanks for the advertisement, but caring about us should be the least of your concerns at this point.

Where did I say it was anyone else's fault? And where did I say that Grace & AQM should recieve no punishment?

This debate is about the severity of the punishment handed down, not whether it warranted one at all. I can see that some of you don't have the brain power to separate the two.

Your debate on the severity of the punishment is also flawed. As Franchise laid out in one of his posts the benefits that these kids received is in the thousands. These kids didn't get regular car rentals or for that matter luxury car rentals for free. These kids got EXOTIC cars for free, ranging from 500-700 per day...It's said they had the cars for a week....Do the math...

Add to that we are on probation and they lied...How is the punishment severe?

Players do wrong things. That does not mean the administration is right in its reaction or that is has anyone's best interest at heart other than its own. What is missing is some sort of way to punish the administration and its "players" for their mistakes. Did anyone get fired for failing to do proper due diligence on Nevin? Why wasn't Donna dismissed for taking tainted money? Is greedy old woman a proper defense?

I have no way of knowing the true facts of this case, but find it impossible to trust the administration. If they would yank Donna's pension, I would feel much better about players getting punished.

Negative

Your debate on the severity of the punishment is also flawed. As Franchise laid out in one of his posts the benefits that these kids received is in the thousands. These kids didn't get regular car rentals or for that matter luxury car rentals for free. These kids got EXOTIC cars for free, ranging from 500-700 per day...It's said they had the cars for a week....Do the math...

Add to that we are on probation and they lied...How is the punishment severe?

Funny because Richt also thinks the punishments were way too severe? Guess he's as clueless as I am.

That is Richt doing what we all want him to do and standing up for his players. Are you truly this naive and ignorant?

Advertisement
That is Richt doing what we all want him to do and standing up for his players. Are you truly this naive and ignorant?

Gtfoh, he had them running with the 1's up until the day he was told the news.

Are YOU that naive to believe he was "just standing up for his players" with his comments?

Last edited:
Advertisement

"I have no way of knowing the true facts of this case"

Should stop there

Should stop there

Hasn't stopped him or the other geniuses from slaying UM on this issue. It's reached comedic levels at this point.

Now, it's become internet fact that Richt is upset with the punishments and thinks they're "way too severe." There's been not a single quote from Richt to support this garbage.

Should stop there

Hasn't stopped him or the other geniuses from slaying UM on this issue. It's reached comedic levels at this point.

It's not hard to do, they've proven they are as incompetent as it comes.

Thank God Shalala got the itch to join Hillary Clinton in D.C. or we wouldn't even be sitting here with Richt as our HC.

Advertisement
Back