This board is soft

Advertisement
They lied, idiot. Not only did they lie, they took illegal benefits, KNOWING that we are on probation. You sound stupider, and stupider by the minute, young buck.

Wow, a college kid lied.

Remember when this University and football program took bad kids off the streets and gave them a chance in life? Now we throw them under the bus to save face with the NCAA for our past President & AD's incompetencies in dealing with rogue booster Nevin Shapiro.

If you want to argue that AQM deserves what he got because it isn't his first merry-go-round, then fine. But Grace, a first time offender and all-around great kid, being throw off the team is downright criminal.

If we dont suspend those 2, the NCAA takes notice, and we get ****ed for something that is known as LACK OF INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL.

Remember that term? Thats the term that ***** slapped us into the mess that we had to deal with for the last 6 years. Would you like to endure that grueling process all over again?

Like I said, Grace is being thrown under the bus for sins of our past (Shalala Era).

But this goes beyond that. We have an incompetent administration that has proven time and time again for the past 15 years that it can't control it's OWN employees, much less make decisions on the future of 19 year old kids.

So, again you make it seem as if Grace has no accountability for his actions. He is being punished for breaking the rules. He did that, not Donna, not Nevin. The current probation and the need to deal with problems harshly and decisively is a result of the past. Grace's situation is a result of his stupidity.

I never said he shouldn't be punished. Both players should be punished for what they did.

But being kicked off the team is equivalent to locking someone up for life who deserved a 5-7 year sentence.

Miami didn't have to wait for the "death penalty", the administrations incompetence toward the football program the past 12-13 years were about on par.

Averaged right at 7 wins per season.
No division titles
No conference titles
No bowl wins since 2006
2 and 9 vs. fsu last 11 years

You do realize that lying in a compliance case like this gets you a 1 year suspension by the NCAA, right?

No it doesn't, it just says the athlete would be ineligible, says nothing about how long they would be ineligible.

It sure does. The athlete is ruled ineligible for the entire season. Read the rule - it's been posted many times on here.

Wow, a college kid lied...Grace, a first time offender and all-around great kid, being throw off the team is downright criminal.

He lied about receiving improper benefits; an offense under NCAA rules that makes him ineligible.

He is a first time offender, but just so happened to commit that offense while the university is STILL UNDER PROBATION.

Why is this so hard to understand? He did something stupid and selfish...and against the rules, and now he must deal with the consequences. We can all complain that we don't think the punishment fit the crime, but guess what? If you don't want to be punished at all, don't break the **** rules...especially when your program is on probation and under the microscope.

Said it before, I'll say it again...

In one breath you "Defend the Admin" guys strut around bragging about The U documentaries and our "swagger", and then in the next breath you sit on your high horse and throw stones at these 19 year old kids for driving around a rental car. I'm guessing you have the wherewithal to understand that NONE of those 80's & 90's teams you worship would've survived this current administration/compliance department?

Would you be singing a different tune if we had 4 less titles because of it?

You keep making this statement. You do realize that those 80's and 90's teams almost got the death penalty? The sanctions dropped in 1995 almost killed the program. They lucked out during the Shapiro scandal that the NCAA screwed up their own investigation and only got a slap on the wrist. Miami is already a repeat offender. You can't play games with NCAA infractions, especially while you're still on probation. The compliance department doesn't want Miami to become another SMU. A repeat offender who kept ignoring infractions until their program got killed. That was thirty years ago and they still haven't recovered. The school and the administration are so stringent because another NCAA mess will KILL THE PROGRAM.

Exactly. Another major NCAA investigation would put the nail in the coffin for this program.

The only nail in this program's coffin has come from Shalala's toolbox.

If Grace and AQM are suspended for 2-5 games the NCAA doesn't even glance back over at us.

**** the Shapiro fallout that you refer to didn't result in a single player being kicked off the team. Longest suspension was 6 games.

Advertisement
[MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION],

What did Grace and Muhammad do?

dindu_nuffins_tshirt-300x300.jpg

He lied about receiving improper benefits; an offense under NCAA rules that makes him ineligible.

He is a first time offender, but just so happened to commit that offense while the university is STILL UNDER PROBATION.

Why is this so hard to understand? He did something stupid and selfish...and against the rules, and now he must deal with the consequences. We can all complain that we don't think the punishment fit the crime, but guess what? If you don't want to be punished at all, don't break the **** rules...especially when your program is on probation and under the microscope.

Said it before, I'll say it again...

In one breath you "Defend the Admin" guys strut around bragging about The U documentaries and our "swagger", and then in the next breath you sit on your high horse and throw stones at these 19 year old kids for driving around a rental car. I'm guessing you have the wherewithal to understand that NONE of those 80's & 90's teams you worship would've survived this current administration/compliance department?

Would you be singing a different tune if we had 4 less titles because of it?

You keep making this statement. You do realize that those 80's and 90's teams almost got the death penalty? The sanctions dropped in 1995 almost killed the program. They lucked out during the Shapiro scandal that the NCAA screwed up their own investigation and only got a slap on the wrist. Miami is already a repeat offender. You can't play games with NCAA infractions, especially while you're still on probation. The compliance department doesn't want Miami to become another SMU. A repeat offender who kept ignoring infractions until their program got killed. That was thirty years ago and they still haven't recovered. The school and the administration are so stringent because another NCAA mess will KILL THE PROGRAM.

Exactly. Another major NCAA investigation would put the nail in the coffin for this program.

The only nail in this program's coffin has come from Shalala's toolbox.

If Grace and AQM are suspended for 2-5 games the NCAA doesn't even glance back over at us.

**** the Shapiro fallout that you refer to didn't result in a single player being kicked off the team. Longest suspension was 6 games.

source: your ***.

Advertisement
I guess most of you have come to terms with the fact that we won't win another title in this current CFB landscape.

We recruit kids from the roughest backgrounds in all of CFB, and then we govern our program like we're Stanford.

Well, there you have it. The school doesn't care about the millions and millions of dollars the football team brings in every year. They're purposely sabotaging the program because they want to lose and not make money.

Well, there you have it. The school doesn't care about the millions and millions of dollars the football team brings in every year. They're purposely sabotaging the program because they want to lose and not make money.

We are in the ACC and are guaranteed millions each year. Over the last decade and a half we have invested practically NOTHING into our program compared to the rest of CFB's power 5 teams. We paid our HC's and their staffs pennies and expected them to win us championships (instead we haven't even competed in a conference 'ship).

Shalala gave zero ****s about football. Shalala cared about Shalala.

And yes, even though you're being sarcastic, it did at times seem as though they were intentionally sabotaging the program. That's how inept our administration has been for 15 years.

Last edited:
No one gonna care about this next year because we will have better players and start bossin the cfb world. We will be fine because of the recruits we getting so who gives a ***....the admin sucked *** and we still have 5 titles

Advertisement
Wow, a college kid lied.

Remember when this University and football program took bad kids off the streets and gave them a chance in life? Now we throw them under the bus to save face with the NCAA for our past President & AD's incompetencies in dealing with rogue booster Nevin Shapiro.

If you want to argue that AQM deserves what he got because it isn't his first merry-go-round, then fine. But Grace, a first time offender and all-around great kid, being throw off the team is downright criminal.

If we dont suspend those 2, the NCAA takes notice, and we get ****ed for something that is known as LACK OF INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL.

Remember that term? Thats the term that ***** slapped us into the mess that we had to deal with for the last 6 years. Would you like to endure that grueling process all over again?

Like I said, Grace is being thrown under the bus for sins of our past (Shalala Era).

But this goes beyond that. We have an incompetent administration that has proven time and time again for the past 15 years that it can't control it's OWN employees, much less make decisions on the future of 19 year old kids.

So, again you make it seem as if Grace has no accountability for his actions. He is being punished for breaking the rules. He did that, not Donna, not Nevin. The current probation and the need to deal with problems harshly and decisively is a result of the past. Grace's situation is a result of his stupidity.

I never said he shouldn't be punished. Both players should be punished for what they did.

But being kicked off the team is equivalent to locking someone up for life who deserved a 5-7 year sentence.

To make this simple for you cause you seem to not understand. What happens to a person who is on probation but gets caught doing another crime? Are they let off the hook or do they go to jail?

A person that's on probation and lies about doing said crime do they get the least amount of punishment or do they end up getting more punishment for lying about doing said crime?

Last edited:
I guess most of you have come to terms with the fact that we won't win another title in this current CFB landscape.

We recruit kids from the roughest backgrounds in all of CFB, and then we govern our program like we're Stanford.

Um... is Stanford even on probation?

Kind of making the case against yourself right there?

I get the mold here. Its everyone else's fault... Self entitled, arrogant and ignorant all at the same time. Its a dangerous combo most often found in lazy people who refuse to deal with reality and prefer to stay in their own world negating all factual evidence as nonsense. The problem isn't as much the living in your own world, its standing up on the highest platform and announcing to the world that your mindless. I mean thanks for the advertisement, but caring about us should be the least of your concerns at this point.

To make this simple for you cause you seem to not understand. What happens to a person who is on probation but gets caught doing another crime? Are they let off the hook or do they go to jail?

Grace wasn't on "probation." He's a first time offender.

And neither deserve to be let off the hook (stop putting words into my mouth).

But Grace's punishment is absolutely criminal and you all know it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Always defending the University, even though time and time again they have shown themselves to be incompetent in matters such as this.

The same posters who defend this decision are the same ones who defended Shalala for 10+ years and told the rest of us that we were crazy for thinking/knowing she was corrupt. I'm sick of reading from you pu$$ies.

Why dont you go root for SMU you uneducated pos.

Rules are rules. I just wish they were enforced equally among all the athletes at all the schools.

It's hard to get back on top when we aren't playing by the same rules as everyone else.

Who else is on probation? Because that is the only ones you should be comparing us too.

Not playing by the same rules is what got us on probation and while preventing teams like Auburn, Alabama, and the rest of the SEC from being put on probation.

Our investigation took 3 years, the Cam Newton investigation took a couple of days. We had 15-20 players openly admit to a 30k total and Cam's dad admitted to about 200k. We had a 3 year investigation on top of 3 years probation. They got a national championship.

Grace wasn't on "probation." He's a first time offender.

And neither deserve to be let off the hook (stop putting words into my mouth).

But Grace's punishment is absolutely criminal and you all know it.

Is Grace a member of the UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI football team...Well then yes he is on probation...

Um... is Stanford even on probation?

Kind of making the case against yourself right there?

I get the mold here. Its everyone else's fault... Self entitled, arrogant and ignorant all at the same time. Its a dangerous combo most often found in lazy people who refuse to deal with reality and prefer to stay in their own world negating all factual evidence as nonsense. The problem isn't as much the living in your own world, its standing up on the highest platform and announcing to the world that your mindless. I mean thanks for the advertisement, but caring about us should be the least of your concerns at this point.

Where did I say it was anyone else's fault? And where did I say that Grace & AQM should recieve no punishment?

This debate is about the severity of the punishment handed down, not whether it warranted one at all. I can see that some of you don't have the brain power to separate the two.

Advertisement
Back