THINGS ARE DIFFERENT NOW!!!

The way I see Jimbo is the mess he left in Trailerhassee even with many top recruits... JJ and Butch recruited talent, ignoring stars. For example Jimmy Jones played basketball his senor year, Russell Maryland was fat, Ray Lewis...NO STARS!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Very possible. Many of us were saying Kirby was no better than Richt not too long ago. He finally got over the final hump. Jimbo is sporting a National Title ring, and that means something to recruits. I think Jimbo will flourish with the Aggies and would probably do even better at Oregon with money and little competition.
Kirby had them over 10 wins in his second year. Richt did that on the regular.

Jimbo has an average 8.5 wins. Sumlin averaged 8.5 wins. Jimbo's a corch who's trying to buy talent. He would do much better at Oregon.

Saying our 5 stars are the only ones in the country no one else wanted is absurd.

Thinking that our 5 stars were not fought for and fell into our laps is absurd.

Those two 5 stars matter. We landed them.

It is like saying what if :insert elite athlete here: was not on the team. Who cares he or she was/is.
It's not that nobody wanted them, but they wanted to be at Miami. We had to work and recruit them, but they viewed Miami favorably and wanted to be here. I'm talking about the guys who don't really start out with a favorite. Sure, they say this or that, but we all know it comes down to who's kissing their *** the most and promising the most money. Those are the guys we never seem to land. And I never said the guys we got didn't matter or they weren't important, of course they are. But having one great player doesn't mean you stop wanting more.

I'm saying, if we want to land multiple 5* every year like the top teams do, something's got to change. Maybe Mario and Ruiz are the change, but I'd like to see it first. Every time we get a new coach it's all "you just have PTSD, this time it's different", but it isn't really. No doubt Mario will improve the team and program. I'll withhold judgment on if he can land us enough of those top guys to win it all.

1643904845666.png

It's not that nobody wanted them, but they wanted to be at Miami. We had to work and recruit them, but they viewed Miami favorably and wanted to be here. I'm talking about the guys who don't really start out with a favorite. Sure, they say this or that, but we all know it comes down to who's kissing their *** the most and promising the most money. Those are the guys we never seem to land. And I never said the guys we got didn't matter or they weren't important, of course they are. But having one great player doesn't mean you stop wanting more.

I'm saying, if we want to land multiple 5* every year like the top teams do, something's got to change. Maybe Mario and Ruiz are the change, but I'd like to see it first. Every time we get a new coach it's all "you just have PTSD, this time it's different", but it isn't really. No doubt Mario will improve the team and program. I'll withhold judgment on if he can land us enough of those top guys to win it all.
Ok so youre the insufferable fan who wants instant gratification.

Certainly you are welcome to your opinion but no one here can read tea leaves.

If you think going from 70 something to top 15 and first in the state isnt a feather in Mario's cap by all means enjoy your opinion and day we will never agree.

Advertisement
Mario’s doing a great job, this class is better than we had any right to expect. But I don’t want to hear how things are different now leading up to NSD next year. Until proven otherwise, there should be no expectation that we get these 5* kids who are in play. I don’t know what piece of the recruiting puzzle we lack, but until proven otherwise, we don’t have it.
Are you late for your coffee group?

Ok so youre the insufferable fan who wants instant gratification.

Certainly you are welcome to your opinion but no one here can read tea leaves.

If you think going from 70 something to top 15 and first in the state isnt a feather in Mario's cap by all means enjoy your opinion and day we will never agree.
Yeah, again that is what I said. I very clearly lead off with the fact that Mario's has done good work and landed a better class than we had any right to expect. I also said that he didn't get much time to recruit Shamar. I didn't say anything about having to land Shamar today or anything else involving instant gratification. What I agree with you on is that nobody can read the tea leaves. Which is why I think it makes sense not to run around talking about how different things are with these top-shelf divas. Since we can't read the tea leaves, I think it makes sense to assume those types of kid still won't sign with us. I'm hopeful that Mario will show me the error of my ways, but util he does, I'm assuming we're right where we were with those types of kids.

If you get multiple 5 star recruit its a win. Texas A&M getting 7 is an outlier. I think qe can get 3-5 any cycle. Its the 4 star ratio thats important. 15-20 is what you want. 5 stars are rare and some are overrated for multiple reasons.

First question:

Okefenokee, my name is Jake. I’m a student at UM. Do you think Mario and the staff will give Jake Garcia a real chance to compete for the starting job? If not, do you think I should transfer or be patient and wait my turn?

Thanks.

Jake
Dam sun you, I mean Garcia gots lots a talint. Butt u no howe inpashunt boosterz an fanz cin bee. I sayz tuff it out an bee pashunt fer a game or too then if u, I mean he, ain’t da startur den bale too ole miss oar rkansas. Boom! Dats howe u anser a kweshchun!

Advertisement
Another question from a Cane fan named Mario. Okie, do you think the Ruiz family will get billions for their business and pour millions into the program for outrageous staff salaries,facilities and NIL for players?

Sincerely,

Mario
I sertanly hopes sew! Iffin day dew den we can hyre sum a dem big name assistents away frum UGA an Bama . Hellfire we mite ind up wit Muzchump an Obryan az our DC an OC. Shute sun pleez!

If he had a whole cycle he kills Moe and throws his body in the river and lands Stewart.
Or just buys him a month's worth of Havana Harry's. Their portions are ginormous like our Trucility poster child friend. A month on that and his Type 2 blows up.

Advertisement
It was actually comical to hear Kirby and Saban *****ing about TAMU. Saban had the nerve to say Bama has never cheated to win a recruits commitment...

Every CFB season is going to be a full fledged free agency from this year on out until something changes.

Reality is that NSD isn't as important as in previous years anymore no matter how high we are ranked.

Ehhh, gotta disagree w/ u on that.

1. Most of ur portal players are one yr, stop gaps vs. players u build ur team around

2. We were portal kings before it became a thing, & we had chit to show for it. The teams that recruited highly & efficiently are still the same teams winning their conferences & vying for CFP spots

3. Even an outlier team like Mich St who raided the portal & benefited, only benefited from it for one yr. Furthermore, it led to no conference championship or CFP spot, & those guys who helped are now gone.

I think fans get too caught up on the micro, in the moment situations vs. the macro level. The only thing the portal have done is create a culture of “me.” The portal have also created this black hole where a lot of guys either find themselves in a worst situation than before or not in a situation at all.

U still need to recruit an elite level, & “strategically” use the portal to either upgrade, depth, or fill a hole that wasn’t accomplished from recruiting.

Very possible. Many of us were saying Kirby was no better than Richt not too long ago. He finally got over the final hump. Jimbo is sporting a National Title ring, and that means something to recruits. I think Jimbo will flourish with the Aggies and would probably do even better at Oregon with money and little competition.
Kirby would still be without a ring had Jameson Williams not got hurt in my opinion.

Advertisement
Ehhh, gotta disagree w/ u on that.

1. Most of ur portal players are one yr, stop gaps vs. players u build ur team around

2. We were portal kings before it became a thing, & we had chit to show for it. The teams that recruited highly & efficiently are still the same teams winning their conferences & vying for CFP spots

3. Even an outlier team like Mich St who raided the portal & benefited, only benefited from it for one yr. Furthermore, it led to no conference championship or CFP spot, & those guys who helped are now gone.

I think fans get too caught up on the micro, in the moment situations vs. the macro level. The only thing the portal have done is create a culture of “me.” The portal have also created this black hole where a lot of guys either find themselves in a worst situation than before or not in a situation at all.

U still need to recruit an elite level, & “strategically” use the portal to either upgrade, depth, or fill a hole that wasn’t accomplished from recruiting.
Agreed. From what I have seen of the portal so far it is not going to mean sustained success

Last edited:
Kirby would still be without a ring had Jameson Williams not got hurt in my opinion.
I think most coaches have "what if" scenarios. Jimbo would also be ring free without the Auburn kick six or if Jameis Winston attends a different school.

Advertisement
Back