THINGS ARE DIFFERENT NOW!!!

We got 2 last year wtf are you talking about.
Who did we beat for them? We’re they “undecided” but the sec all over them in late January?

I’m not complaining about what we got, I’m saying we aren’t winning the battles for guys who don’t care about Miami one way or another.

Advertisement
As usual, this post sucks. Mario pulled in 5 stars to Oregon. Manny pulled in 2 last year. Barring a losing season, you don’t think Mario, with a full cycle, can land 5 stars kids?
You should probably kill your self
You should probably read what I wrote or stfu.

Mario’s doing a great job, this class is better than we had any right to expect. But I don’t want to hear how things are different now leading up to NSD next year. Until proven otherwise, there should be no expectation that we get these 5* kids who are in play. I don’t know what piece of the recruiting puzzle we lack, but until proven otherwise, we don’t have it.

Yea that’s silly talk.Manny landed 5* here so Mario definitely will.

NO ONE gets all the 5* not even aTm and their 30 million dollars.IF we win we will get our share of the top kids.If we don’t then we can’t expect to.Kids don’t want to play for a ****show like we’ve been for going on 20 years.Would you?

Going forward I have ZERO worries about our recruiting success.Coaching will be what makes or breaks us returning back to the top of CFB….

Advertisement
Jimbo is the reason Texas A&M recruits so well. Jimbo crushed it in recruiting at FSU. His classes have been consistently Top 5 since going to TAMU, before the NIL. Now, NIL certainly helps make the difference between going from the #4 class to #1 - but Jimbo is the main reason.

It'll be the same here. All the infusion of money & NIL will help Mario recruit, but Mario himself is the main reason our recruiting will improve.

Right. When was the last time we landed one that didn’t clearly favor Miami?

I’m not blaming Mario for Shamar, he didn’t have much time…at least he got us in the game. But at what point do you stop assuming new coach X is obviously going to land all the croots because we deserve it? Mario will definitely make us better, but until he proves it, I see no reason to think we won’t miss out on these guys going forward.
Maybe not 5 stars but look at the 4 stars Mario pulled in after just a couple of months. They didn't heavily favor Miami.

Who did we beat for them? We’re they “undecided” but the sec all over them in late January?

I’m not complaining about what we got, I’m saying we aren’t winning the battles for guys who don’t care about Miami one way or another.
If they don't care about Miami, they're not coming.
Obvious..

Advertisement
As usual, this post sucks. Mario pulled in 5 stars to Oregon. Manny pulled in 2 last year. Barring a losing season, you don’t think Mario, with a full cycle, can land 5 stars kids?
You
Not to mention how many 5 stars did we pull before that? You can Look how Mario was recruiting at Oregon and no one can question if it was elite or not! We have some dumb *** fans!

For James Williams we beat UGA is that good enough? Even better he committed to us a day or so after taking a visit to UGA. We will get some but if you are expecting us to get every 5* we recruit you will be disappointed not even Alabama and UGA get every 5* they recruit

Last edited:
Advertisement
Fast and violent. Fast and violent. Stars dim without fuel. 60 mins of Steele should smell like a WWI trench. Rotting bodies, gang green, limbs sawed off at the joint. ACC offenses best bring their Bible to the game, because the bloodletting I'm about to bring upon thee will make them all believe in the power of God. It's going to look different, either come to witness it, or smell the fetid tang of despair waft across your Dania Beach condo. When I chit, it smells. When I fu*k, it smells. When I go ATM on the missus for 3 days straight, only imbibing Green Tea and licorice lozenges, it smells. And when I blitz, bring the cadaver dogs and neutroline because body effluent festers in the South Florida heat. Anyone can make a tackle, but can you enter the body of your opponent, can you feel his pancreas, can you re-eat what he ate last night. That's the athlete I am looking for, no matter his star power.
This is strong.

Keep focused on creating a great OL, win games, the rest will fall into place. You don't necessarily need a bunch of 5-Star OL, they're hard to judge in HS and most rating services are about as knowledgeable on OL as fan bases are. You recruit by considering things like growth potential, reach, footwork, coachability, the attitude in which they play the game and intelligence.

Most 5* OL are the biggest guys on the field in HS who should dominate smaller less talented or unathletic opponents. It takes some development time, by the time most get on the field they're going against 300+ guys who can dunk a basketball. That's when you see what they really are, and not all the 5s make the transition from domination to holding their own, and start looking like 3s . The best OL recruiters know they're out there under the radar, and find them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
A year of Cristobal in South Florida, with a full staff, will make a difference. Cristobal prioritizes recruiting with the coaching choices too. Getting Miami fixed up front, on both sides of the ball will help. Winning will help more. Getting to the ACCCG and a decent bowl game even more. By then end of the 2023 recruiting cycle, I'd guess Miami will have a top-10 class, and he'll have built relationships with the 2024/2025 kids too.

This staff or the small pieces that are in place did a great job salvaging the recruiting class this year. Next year's talent pool is special and Mario has to capitalize on it to be the foundation to a championship level team. Not saying he'll get everyone but we should be able to pull a top 10 class with a decent year on the field.

This is make or break for this program, start winning big games and recruiting with the big boys now or this program will never be what it once was.

Advertisement
Back