THINGS ARE DIFFERENT NOW!!!

How is Jimbo trending anything but neutral? Absent the Jameis years he posts 4 loses like clockwork.
I have to admit my opinion of Jimbo has dropped. When there was discussion of him coming here, I viewed it as a positive, but quite honestly, I just think that's because he would've been an upgrade to Diaz. He looks to be a permanent bridesmaid in the SEC unless he can buy himself the talent ala Kirby.

Advertisement
Mario’s doing a great job, this class is better than we had any right to expect. But I don’t want to hear how things are different now leading up to NSD next year. Until proven otherwise, there should be no expectation that we get these 5* kids who are in play. I don’t know what piece of the recruiting puzzle we lack, but until proven otherwise, we don’t have it.
Pay Day Money GIF

2018 9-4
2019 8-5
2020 9-1
2021 8-4

Dan Mullen:
2018 10-3
2019 11-2
2020 8-4
2021 5-6
Yea this shows imo him building up a program, and my main point is the talent he’s stacked, dan mullen came in hot cause of the talent there and didn’t care for recruiting so it got worse as the talent left lol

How is Jimbo trending anything but neutral? Absent the Jameis years he posts 4 loses like clockwork.
I agree but A&M is about to be LOADED and I do not see them losing 4 games moving forward just on pure talent alone. I think Jimbo's Offense is becoming an issue over there but their Defense is legit. Mario is going a tough challenge the next 2 seasons.

Advertisement
How did A2M land a huge class? SEC homers along with MONEY. It doesn’t seem like winning will make a difference in the short run. I believe given that we are on the ACC, we are not in the same position as A2M or other non- tier one SEC schools. We need to win to show the change or none of this matters. And isn’t that what the 5 stars are for anyways? To win more games and win the ACC? Let Mario put his win-loss record where his recruiting record is.
I disagree that winning doesn't matter in recruiting. It does. It may have become secondary to NIL $$$, but it still matters.

I also disagree about competing with the SEC. Yes, they are going to get more of the top recruits because they have more teams at the top of the game. Clemson had been getting top 10 recruiting classes and 5-star recruits against the SEC for years.

From 2018-2020, Clemson had classes of: #7, #10, #3, and #5. So, there's no reason Miami can't do the same. We should be in a better position than they were when they started their recruiting run. We're building the infrastructure. We have a head coach that is a beast of a recruiter, and we have the $$$ to back everything with the Ruiz family. Winning an ACC title will push things over the top in recruiting because that would likely mean we're in the CFP.

If we had signed 3-4 5-stars this cycle, losing Stewart wouldn't have been such a big deal.

I expect a top 10 class next year and top 5 classes beginning in the 2024 cycle. Mario did a **** of a job with the 2022 recruiting class. This will be his worst class at Miami and he will likely never recruit outside of the top 10. Let that marinade for a while.

Last edited:
Yea this shows imo him building up a program, and my main point is the talent he’s stacked, dan mullen came in hot cause of the talent there and didn’t care for recruiting so it got worse as the talent left lol
Four straight years of mediocrity is building up a program? It's plainly obvious that he's trying to fill with Jimmies and Joes because he sucks at the X's and O's. At least Kirby had enough of both to keep them over 10 wins a year and even Mullen showed improvement over MsElwain' 9-4 2016 and 4-7 2017.

Jimbo has just been a continuation of Sumlin's record.

Advertisement
Who did we beat for them? We’re they “undecided” but the sec all over them in late January?

I’m not complaining about what we got, I’m saying we aren’t winning the battles for guys who don’t care about Miami one way or another.
Your logic is flawed.

Very very very flawed.

Mario will have a full year to recruit, and the '23 class is a class for the ages, so I'm sure we'll pull a few. Going forward we need to win and win big to make this a place 5 stars want to play. See bama.

How about letting the man go through a full season and a full recruiting before claiming what will and won't happen?
That's fair. So I can assume nobody will be running around calling people p*ssies when they aren't sure we're getting this or that recruit? Nobody's going to claim we're getting everybody cuz Marioz da gawww?

Advertisement
TAMU better win every game by 100 or it will get uncomfortable for Jimbo.
It won’t. Everybody fails to mention he played with his 3rd string QB. And everybody don’t have a TVD in the tuck. With that same 3rd stringer he beat Bama. That (and a whole lotta money) was his pitch.

It won’t. Everybody fails to mention he played with his 3rd string QB. And everybody don’t have a TVD in the tuck. With that same 3rd stringer he beat Bama. That (and a whole lotta money) was his pitch.
If and when jimbo passes on play calling duties to someone else I think they will take the next step. As long as jimbo is calling his stubborn offense I think they are stuck in 9-3 land

Four straight years of mediocrity is building up a program? It's plainly obvious that he's trying to fill with Jimmies and Joes because he sucks at the X's and O's. At least Kirby had enough of both to keep them over 10 wins a year and even Mullen showed improvement over MsElwain' 9-4 2016 and 4-7 2017.

Jimbo has just been a continuation of Sumlin's record.
What record is good enough to be building a program?

And im a Xs n Os type guy but it’s always gonna be about the players, even kirby said it and he’s one of the top defensive minds in cfb.

For example if mario has those records I wouldn’t be too mad because i know he’s stacking talent and building up a mediocre program. Also kirby walked into a better situation than jimbo

Advertisement
That's fair. So I can assume nobody will be running around calling people p*ssies when they aren't sure we're getting this or that recruit? Nobody's going to claim we're getting everybody cuz Marioz da gawww?
Who **** cares what some clown claims or doesn't claim?

The point being your OP was pretty darn negative and declarative.

. He looks to be a permanent bridesmaid in the SEC unless he can buy himself the talent ala Kirby.
Very possible. Many of us were saying Kirby was no better than Richt not too long ago. He finally got over the final hump. Jimbo is sporting a National Title ring, and that means something to recruits. I think Jimbo will flourish with the Aggies and would probably do even better at Oregon with money and little competition.

Advertisement
Back