Rumor They Are Making Noise About A "Ruiz Rule"

I don’t think u get it, bro; how u word things is everything. Openly recruiting to come to a school using NIL is a different animal vs. announcing the NIL deal after the student commits/signs. Why do u think USC’s leak is causing an uproar.

It’s the Wild Wild West, but there’s a for sure black & white clause which says NIL is not to be used for “pay-to-play.” That’s what it’s been appearing by these open tweets, especially the J Addison tweet.
All that matters is the court of law period. Ruiz is not a collective, and as a businesseman he can decide to give his money to whomever he wants to. The guy right now has millions if impressions on twitter for his lifewallet startup. This advertising was made possible by succesfully marketing the deals and players that signed with LifeWallet.

Not only that, agents contact him, nothing is done through the University. And players need to show up and record commercials, + all have different $$$ amounts to their valuation based on their marketing.

I would love to see the NCAA go against Ruiz for deciding to spend his own money LEGALLY and within the bounds of the law. I actually hope it happens if you think about it. Ruiz is known for taking on the NCAA, FPL, and making them bend the knee. Dont think for one second that Ruiz is even concerned with the toothless NCAA when he has a team of lawyers naking sure it is a textbook deal, and when they are running everything through UM compliance.

To make matters worse for the NCAA, Ruiz is also using NIL not just for UM athletics but also for local high school players/ 7v7 teams. When the dust settles here the Gator Collectives, SEC Collectives, will be left scrambling while Lifewallet will thrive. These guys thought it out before hand. It wasnt just, oh we have 10 donors who are alums if the university donating x amoubt so recruit XYZ can come. No. Private company, where kids have to legit promote their product and work with no direct ties to the University. Please NCAA I dare you to come after Ruiz so he can sue you so hard that your little House Of Cards will collapse and bury you to the point you will not cease to exist any longer.

and as for USC? Lifewallet doesnt work that way. Kids contact ruiz's people not the University. If that would have happened here it would have been a lot different because Addison would be interested in LifeWallet ( in the legal sense) and legally there is nothing that can be done. You cant call Mario Cristobal and blame him for tampering when it is Addison's people REACHING out not to Cristobal but to lifewaller. What is Narduzzi going to do, Send a complaint to the NCAA because he hates Capitalism?

Advertisement
Ruiz has a legal team as big as the bellys of Paranos' wifes. If there would be a problem with his attitude about it, someone from his legal team or the universities would have told him.

Also, yes: USC's leak caused an uproar. But to USC, the exact same point applies as to Miami. Neither they, nor we, have a collective behind NIL deals.

Again, move in silence. That’s a life lesson in all areas of life.

On the streets: U making $$ on the corner w/ a new connect? u don’t go brag about it b/c u will get knocked off or they coming at u

Invention: u have a bright idea b4 it’s patented? U don’t go brag about it b/c they will steal it.

Relationship: u in a good relationship where the *** is tremendous? U don’t tell ur boys about it, b/c as soon as u turn ur back, they will try to see about that action.

NIL: u moving needles getting kids to consider us? U don’t tweet about it, b/c the NCAA & Southern Schools hate us.

Lol; what did I say ya’ll? Lol. I said as SOON as Miami gets involved w/ NIL, the NCAA will then look in to it.

I love Ruiz, but I also move in silence. I was cool w/ the stadium talk, his biz, etc. But just knowing how creepy The NCAA’s obsession w/ us, I was like man, I don’t like our NIL biz being put on front street, b/c of the pay - for - play clause which is in the NIL bylaws.
I think the whole “us against the world” thing is super corny

But there’s some truth to it for sure

We haven’t seen it pop up in a while because we’ve sucked, but the college football landscape says hey it’s always better when Miami is good…but they don’t want us being TOO good

@JD08 sorry I had an impromptu meeting pop up, took me away from more pressing matters.

View attachment 184903
Love It Crying GIF by Far Cry 6

@TrumpyCane, please do your thing on Twitter.

Advertisement
At the end of the day there’s no way of policing this , the cheaters are always a step ahead. If they tighten the rules on this it’ll just stay business as usual for the bag schools / foundations.

It could easily be policed by having to submit the players contracts to the NCAA. If you can't produce said contact... It's in violation of pay for play ..... Thus take your chances and go back to your backroom handshake deals and not a GoFundMe for a QB. Miami will just keep pace out in the open complying with NIL regulations.

Again, move in silence. That’s a life lesson in all areas of life.

On the streets: U making $$ on the corner w/ a new connect? u don’t go brag about it b/c u will get knocked off or they coming at u

Invention: u have a bright idea b4 it’s patented? U don’t go brag about it b/c they will steal it.

Relationship: u in a good relationship where the *** is tremendous? U don’t tell ur boys about it, b/c as soon as u turn ur back, they will try to see about that action.

NIL: u moving needles getting kids to consider us? U don’t tweet about it, b/c the NCAA & Southern Schools hate us.

No offense, but seek new friends

Advertisement
Ruiz is literally signing contracts for Lifewallet, not the Ruiz family. Therefore, the athletes are SPONSORED/PAID spokespersons. They are walking advertisements for the company.
It could easily be policed by having to submit the players contracts to the NCAA. If you can't produce said contact... It's in violation of pay for play ..... Thus take your chances and go back to your backroom handshake deals and not a GoFundMe for a QB. Miami will just keep pace out in the open complying with NIL regulations.
You guys are missing the point.

The issue is, is LifeWallet or Ruiz or [insert entity or individual] inducing an athlete to come to the University of Miami [or any other school] in exchange for promotional deals?

Maybe the idea for the NCAA is to forbid any deals until a student is enrolled. That'll still bring shenanigans and backdoor deals and promises, but the optics will at least appear fairer.

Ruiz is literally signing contracts for Lifewallet, not the Ruiz family. Therefore, the athletes are SPONSORED/PAID spokespersons. They are walking advertisements for the company.

That’s correct; however, it’s “appearing” these athletes are signing w/ Lifewallet to come to Miami b/c of tweets. Again, notice I’m putting appearing in quotations. Will anything come of this? Probably not, especially w/ Emmert on his way out, but the only parameter in NIL is “pay-to-play”, so if it’s “appearing” these NILs fall under such language, the NCAA, w/ their hard-on for us (pause), will sniff around. Only us, is this a problem.

Advertisement
It's so F'ing ironic when we pay players legitamately (to my knowledge), people lose their minds. But when Saban and Bama says Young will get $1,000,000+ or Texas pays every offensive linemen $50K it's great!

Like most of you guys believe, there should be some rules and regulation but what did the NCAA expect when they allowed NIL deals? They basically allowed the wild, wild, west for 6 months but now not sure if they like it.

Last edited:
I see you guys point, and that is a legit thought moving forward. But, the would be a parameter set for NIL rather than a rule. The cat is out of the bag on Lifewallet and UM. So even with the parameter in place, it just means the deal can't be worked out until you sign....which I would be on board 100% for, because it would limit our exposure.

Advertisement
Lol; what did I say ya’ll? Lol. I said as SOON as Miami gets involved w/ NIL, the NCAA will then look in to it.

I love Ruiz, but I also move in silence. I was cool w/ the stadium talk, his biz, etc. But just knowing how creepy The NCAA’s obsession w/ us, I was like man, I don’t like our NIL biz being put on front street, b/c of the pay - for - play clause which is in the NIL bylaws.
People in MIAMI LOVE to tell you what they gonna do before they do it

I think the whole “us against the world” thing is super corny

But there’s some truth to it for sure

We haven’t seen it pop up in a while because we’ve sucked, but the college football landscape says hey it’s always better when Miami is good…but they don’t want us being TOO good

Exxxxxxactly. The NCAA has always been the good ole boys club, namely B1G, Big 8 (now B12) & SEC football. Pac-12, ACC, & formerly Big East in football were step children. USC becomes good; they r on their heads. We become good; they r on our heads. The only reason y Clemson have escaped is b/c Dabo is from that culture & truth be told, Clemson is more SEC than ACC anyway.

I’m not saying the NCAA is right, b/c they r not…all I’m saying is I knew this chit was going to happen to us b/c of how they are. All those tweets was going to come back & give them “probable cause” to sniff.

Advertisement
Back