Rumor They Are Making Noise About A "Ruiz Rule"

Advertisement
Yeah - the being so boastful about it, breaking commitment news... there are some things, even within the rules, that aren't smart to call attention to yourself (especially when you are a school like Miami).
The self promotion was the issue... I promise we dont hear **** from any of the other schools, but the kids will get paid the same...

Just tell these BLUE BLOOD FVCKS we comin and we're not backin down.

You want our blood, come take our blood.

59321421-600a-4f66-bd4e-306266efedc5_text.gif

My favorite movie.

Advertisement
Good luck to the NCAA on circumventing the ruling of the Supreme Court. There will be major lawsuits filed against them, and they will not win.

Funny how Baga, Taint, aTm and Texas were giving out huge NIL deals and nobody said a word. As soon as Miami and SC do it, they bust out the pitchforks and torches.

The thing I thought was most hilarious was a clip of Paul Finebaum saying NIL will ruin CFB because it is "legalized cheating."

Advertisement
I don’t think u get it, bro; how u word things is everything. Openly recruiting to come to a school using NIL is a different animal vs. announcing the NIL deal after the student commits/signs. Why do u think USC’s leak is causing an uproar.

It’s the Wild Wild West, but there’s a for sure black & white clause which says NIL is not to be used for “pay-to-play.” That’s what it’s been appearing by these open tweets, especially the J Addison tweet.
Ruiz has a legal team as big as the bellys of Paranos' wifes. If there would be a problem with his attitude about it, someone from his legal team or the universities would have told him.

Also, yes: USC's leak caused an uproar. But to USC, the exact same point applies as to Miami. Neither they, nor we, have a collective behind NIL deals.

Some of you are freaking out for no reason. Ruiz already read up on this before it even came out to the public. He sent this out yesterday.

Screenshot_20220504-115343.png

He's not some pool of fan/booster money to straight up pay for play. He's producing commercials and marketing his company.... Wait for it.... Using their name image and likeness. It's more in the rules than what anyone else is doing right now. Maybe he tones down the tweets and bragging.

The NCAA had a chance over the last few years to right this ship and offer guidelines for how NIL would work. They chose to remain silent and now some $EC schools are getting mad at the competition they're getting out on the recruiting trail and all of a sudden they want to regulate things, GTFOH.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1. This enforcement would help Miami, not hurt us.

2. DK is deservedly getting chin-dragged through the mud. Never forget that Miami has almost no friends in the media.
Correct. I believe the thrust of my OP was NCAA isn't built to withstand Hurricane Ruiz.

I hope he mushroom stamps every one of those useless muppets in Indianapolis.

Bring back the sit out rule unless you have a waiver and keep moving. These kids have the right to make what they’re worth

I'm in favor of keeping the sit out rule as well. I do think the players should get paid what they're worth if they can but I do disagree with these "collectives". Appearances at a dealership for a car....awesome....autograph signing at a mall for $1,000,000 fine. But I do think they need to (in the spirit of NIL) actually be using their NIL for their pay. Fans pooling money together to zelle 5mil to a player to transfer to your school is just pay for play. I'm also not against pay for play but at the moment that is not within current guidelines as a legal practice.

I'm in favor of keeping the sit out rule as well. I do think the players should get paid what they're worth if they can but I do disagree with these "collectives". Appearances at a dealership for a car....awesome....autograph signing at a mall for $1,000,000 fine. But I do think they need to (in the spirit of NIL) actually be using their NIL for their pay. Fans pooling money together to zelle 5mil to a player to transfer to your school is just pay for play. I'm also not against pay for play but at the moment that is not within current guidelines as a legal practice.
At the end of the day there’s no way of policing this , the cheaters are always a step ahead. If they tighten the rules on this it’ll just stay business as usual for the bag schools / foundations.

Advertisement
Back