There is a scrimmage today?

I was able to attend the second scrimmage and thought Kaaya looked solid. He definitely goes through he projections. I remember one or two long passes I wish he threw but he still completed to the check downs. I would not be worried about his performance.

I attributed the sacks more towards the offensive line struggling tonight. It seemed like there were a lot of combinations they were trying out. I mean Joe Brown got a lot of reps.

I thought Yearby had a great scrimmage and was also impressed by Tyre Brady on the offensive side. On the defensive side Chick, Gaines, AQM, Perryman, Artie and Crawford all stood out.

Also Heaps was wearing an elbow brace. I was at saturday's practice and he took no hits or contact. So I assume it must be inflammation.

All in all, my impression is that the team looks improved from last year.

He was being tackled by holographic projections?!

Advertisement
I'll chime in, my opinion. If Heaps gets the start, I just feel he's gonna **** the bed and start throwing these picks which has been shown in his career.

I'm sorry, you don't put the excuse on the talent of the team you are on. I've seen ****ty teams get carried by good quarterbacks. If your a good quarterback, you elevate your team regardless of talent. Aka Peyton Manning.

This whole excuse about Heaps having better talent now so he'll be able to perform better.... I call ****ing bull**** and false hope.

Give me the promising young QB in Kaaya and let's take our lumps this year. We get nowhere for the following season sticking to a guy who hasn't been able to separate himself from a freshman and lost his ****ing job twice and transferred twice.

I'm sorry. Just being a realist.

How bout letting the coaches decide and stop stressing. Good god folks, get a grip.

I'm not stressing.

I keep it real. And this is reality, if anyone thinks Heaps is gonna give us a last minute Berlin, you either play too much xbox or don't watch football.

I'm sorry, but we have no future with Heaps too. 1 year?

Please, and don't bull**** yourselves. If Kaaya is the messiah. Guy will leave in 3 years. Rather play him now, especially with Heaps not being able to separate from him in competition after how many years of experience? Kaaya is a freshman for crying out loud. This guy Heaps been playing ball in college going on his 5th year from now. He should be kicking Kaayas *** in this.

His history has shown a lot too. Turnover machine is what Heaps has been. And 127th out of 128 qbs last year, and didn't even complete more than 50% of his passes. That's enough to make me sick.

And don't give me the he's a Cane excuse. He came here cause he got lucky Williams went down and he still can't strangle the job into his hands from a first year Freshman who by the way wasn't allowed to enroll early. I can only imagine how much more ahead Kaaya would be if he came in the spring.

It's clear as day light, watch the both of them. What you see in Heaps... Is what you get. Not gonna give you the big play. And makes a bunch of turnovers and nothing of his measurables really stick out. Average arm too. Going on 5 years in college.

Kaaya is only going to get better. You can see it, I see an average QB in Heaps.

Heaps hit his ceiling.

I'm sick and tired of the guys on here giving Heaps the excuse of the teams he was on. I'll say it again, I've seen good qbs carry **** teams. A good QB would be able to do that. This is his 3rd school and he's lost his job twice and can't seperate himself from a true freshman who didn't even come in during the spring.

My point is made. Give me Kaaya. Heaps gives us nothing towards the future.

Last edited:
I can tell you this about the Miami QB situation. The reason Jake Heaps got held out is NOT because he already won the job.
Lmaooo

Classic Miami fans. Now we have "fans" who will be rooting for ONE QB or another to fail so they can be proven right. lol. jesus. what a clown show this fanbase is. Stamp your tickets for either when the decision is made and STFU.

**** are u saying ? U alright ?

Advertisement
We should be worried about our field goal kicking.

After halftime, all of the kickers lined up from various distance and attempted many field goals. It was bad. A lot of misses. And not from far distances.

We should be worried about our field goal kicking.

After halftime, all of the kickers lined up from various distance and attempted many field goals. It was bad. A lot of misses. And not from far distances.

Definitely seems to be getting lost in all the other headlines but yeah, very worried about Special teams this year.

Advertisement
I'll chime in, my opinion. If Heaps gets the start, I just feel he's gonna **** the bed and start throwing these picks which has been shown in his career.

I'm sorry, you don't put the excuse on the talent of the team you are on. I've seen ****ty teams get carried by good quarterbacks. If your a good quarterback, you elevate your team regardless of talent. Aka Peyton Manning.

This whole excuse about Heaps having better talent now so he'll be able to perform better.... I call ****ing bull**** and false hope.

Give me the promising young QB in Kaaya and let's take our lumps this year. We get nowhere for the following season sticking to a guy who hasn't been able to separate himself from a freshman and lost his ****ing job twice and transferred twice.

I'm sorry. Just being a realist.

How bout letting the coaches decide and stop stressing. Good god folks, get a grip.

I'm not stressing.

I keep it real. And this is reality, if anyone thinks Heaps is gonna give us a last minute Berlin, you either play too much xbox or don't watch football.

I'm sorry, but we have no future with Heaps too. 1 year?

Please, and don't bull**** yourselves. If Kaaya is the messiah. Guy will leave in 3 years. Rather play him now, especially with Heaps not being able to separate from him in competition after how many years of experience? Kaaya is a freshman for crying out loud. This guy Heaps been playing ball in college going on his 5th year from now. He should be kicking Kaayas *** in this. His history has shown a lot too.

And don't give me the he's a Cane excuse. He came here cause he got lucky Williams went down and he still can't strangle the job into his hands from a first year Freshman who by the way wasn't allowed to enroll early. I can only imagine how much more ahead Kaaya would be if he came in the spring.

It's clear as day light, watch the both of them. What you see in Heaps... Is what you get. Not gonna give you the big play. And makes a bunch of turnovers and nothing of his measurables really stick out. Average arm too. Going on 5 years in college.

Kaaya is only going to get better. You can see it, I see an average QB in Heaps.

Heaps hit his ceiling.

I'm sick and tired of the guys on here giving Heaps the excuse of the teams he was on. I'll say it again, I've seen good qbs carry **** teams. A good QB would be able to do that. This is his 3rd school and he's lost his job twice and can't seperate himself from a true freshman who didn't even come in during the spring.

My point is made. Give me Kaaya. Heaps gives us nothing towards the future.

You've said it a couple times.

Please name all the good QBs who carried awful college teams. Leave the all-time greats like Peyton Manning out of it. Stick to college.

Who are all these awful teams who were propped up by good QBs in college?

Last edited:
yeah I don't buy the Heaps will get better with better talent argument.

to an extent this is true.

however, remember that Heaps will also play AGAINST better talent.

the linemen, linebackers, and DBs are better in the ACC than what he has seen at BYU and Kansas.

Advertisement
This bytch *** Kuperatein reading this board mane.// how else would he know people give a Fck this early? Hey Koop what's up brah?

Kaaya isn't going to learn on the bench. If heaps was clearly ahead of him that's one thing but it does t seem that way so to me you play the freshman and lean on the run game.

Advertisement
yeah I don't buy the Heaps will get better with better talent argument.

to an extent this is true.

however, remember that Heaps will also play AGAINST better talent.

the linemen, linebackers, and DBs are better in the ACC than what he has seen at BYU and Kansas.

U serious? Better?

Advertisement
Back