The Work 9-24

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
realCIS.jpg

**Speaking to a person close to FSU LB commit Patrick Joyner yesterday, the holdup with him and Miami seems to be his desire to play inside linebacker. The Canes defensive staff is recruiting Joyner to play outside linebacker and FSU is telling him that he will have the opportunity to inside. The source said that if Miami changes their stance with Joyner on allowing him to play inside then it would really help their chances with him. At South Dade this season, Joyner has been showcasing his ability to rush the passer and he’s being dropped into coverage more frequently than last year at Keys Gate charter.

[TWEET]904855702589538305[/TWEET]

**The Tyson Campbell-Miami chatter continues to be positive. I spoke to a recruit close to Campbell this morning who said that both Ohio State and Clemson are increasingly fading in the discussion for him. It is shaping up into a Miami-Georgia-Alabama battle with Georgia more likely than ‘Bama, and the Canes considered the favorite at this point. My prediction remains Miami here.

**Most of Miami’s commits in their 2018 class plan on signing during the early December period, but one who says he will not is Nesta Silvera. I asked Nesta his plans this morning and he says he will wait until the normal signing day on the first Wednesday in February. Gilbert Frierson and D.J. Ivey told me yesterday that they will in December.

**Just how big of a priority is 2019 OL Dontae Lucas? Mark Richt set up a sit down meeting at Hard Rock with Lucas and his mom for a couple hours before the game. It’s safe to say that Miami is the favorite for the Miami High star lineman, which is a testament to the early work that offensive line coach Stacy Searels has put in with Lucas since the spring evaluation period. Lucas’ mother got a chance to meet with the coaches and took in the game experience as well. A source said that the coaches “won her over” yesterday, which will also go a long way for securing an early commitment from him. The elite lineman has a chance to be rated as the top guard in the country for his class.

**Another top target that I would classify Miami as a favorite for is Dennis Briggs. Miami has let it be known to Briggs that he is the top remaining target for them in the trenches and they would love to pair him with Silvera in the class. FSU D-Line coach Brad Lawing went to see Briggs play this week as his team traveled to play in Tallahassee. Briggs stayed in town to watch the Noles fall to NC State. This is a UM-FSU-UGA battle at the moment, with the Canes holding the lead. Miami communicates with Briggs the most and Coach Kuligowski has built a strong relationship with him.

Advertisement
Great news all around with the exception of Silvera. That's very concerning on why he wouldn't sign in December. What exactly would be the reason not to?

Great to hear on Lucas and Briggs. Both great players. As for Nesta.. that basically tells you he isn't committed. Kool better lock him up.

Advertisement
Pete, Good stuff! Anyone other names at LB and DL besides Joyner and Briggs? Is the staff talking to guys like Bonito and Chatfield?

May as well bend the truth to Joyner to get him to sign. It's not like every other school doesn't do it.

Recruiting under Richt will always be fine, but if we start really winning 10+ games per season, it has the chance to be very special.

Looking @ our db play yesterday's we might need add another 1 or 2 dbs to the list . We need some pure cover cbs

Advertisement
Pete - have you heard anything with regards to QB recruiting? Will Miami kick the tires on a few more quarterbacks for the 2018 class if Sits struggles? Are there any 2019 names we should be familiar with? Is Richt okay signing Sits because he knows there is a stud in 2019?

Pete - have you heard anything with regards to QB recruiting? Will Miami kick the tires on a few more quarterbacks for the 2018 class if Sits struggles? Are there any 2019 names we should be familiar with? Is Richt okay signing Sits because he knows there is a stud in 2019?

Good ?

Pretty good news here except for Nesta.One thing this December signing period does is show who is or isn't totally 100% committed to your program.

There's still a couple months till that day but if Nesta doesn't sign it'd throw up a flag to me and I'd get to looking for a replacement.

Is Nesta checking out the " market " looking to see what type things he might "acquire" by waiting?

And with Joyner I'd tell him he'd have his chance and let him see if he could play there.Then if he couldn't he's had his chance,seen he better suited on the outside and your good with him and his HS.Gotta believe the noles are telling him whatever he wants to hear.

And great news on TC but I'd still like to see him at least show a little interest in the program.He might be all Cane but **** he's dome nothing throughout his recruitment that would dictate he's on his way.Hopefully he will at least official visit at some point.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I wonder if all the db recruits are truly willing to play together if the class shakes out in our favor. Hope they all come in as we need them all.
Blades
Campbell
G.Hall
Ivey
Frieson
Jobe

So sounds like not getting Joyner at this point. Why be hardasses with him? Give him a shot inside, if he sucks then move him outside.

Advertisement
Back