The Work 9-24

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
Maybe Nesta wants to take some fun postseason recruiting visits...

Or maybe he wants to see how this season plays out and if mcintosh and Norton leave early.If they return and also Willis,playing time for a freshman DT will be very limited.

Man, those 2 studs are gone and Moten is also graduating. Early playing time for True Freshman.

Joyner will be making a huge mistake by believing FSU's lies.

They already have Rosendo Louis as an ILB & I know in their 3-4 scheme they use 2ILB's, but they like Louis a lot more than him.

Either way, Miami really needs to have some other options at LB for this class, because if we tell Joyner he can play inside it'll somehow be used against us & if he's making an issue out of it now, you can bet money it'll be an excuse later on down the line.

Yasir Abdullah & Nick Bonnitto should've been recruited from the jump.

Agree. Besides, I think it's a mistake only pursuing 1 LB in this class. I get it that next year is supposed to be "the year" w/r/t sofla LBs and that getting a LB to sign here can be tough with our 3 great starters but we need capable bodies sooner rather than later.

Next year's LB class is going to be like this year's DB class in Tri-County. We may do same as this year and bring in a JUCO. I still believe we'll offer either Chatman, Abdullah, or Bonitto before it's over, especially if we can't flip Joyner.

Advertisement

They already have Rosendo Louis as an ILB & I know in their 3-4 scheme they use 2ILB's, but they like Louis a lot more than him.

Either way, Miami really needs to have some other options at LB for this class, because if we tell Joyner he can play inside it'll somehow be used against us & if he's making an issue out of it now, you can bet money it'll be an excuse later on down the line.

Agree. Besides, I think it's a mistake only pursuing 1 LB in this class. I get it that next year is supposed to be "the year" w/r/t sofla LBs and that getting a LB to sign here can be tough with our 3 great starters but we need capable bodies sooner rather than later.

Next year's LB class is going to be like this year's DB class in Tri-County. We may do same as this year and bring in a JUCO. I still believe we'll offer either Chatman, Abdullah, or Bonitto before it's over, especially if we can't flip Joyner.
[MENTION=14457]Liberty City El[/MENTION] you ain't exactly being fair to this staff by saying that. It wasn't just our concern but the concerns of most legit power 5 schools in the country that bonnito wasn't commited enough to playing football. Alot of schools see him as a legit bball player. We have no interest in kids that aren't all about football. He's just starting to get serious about football and that may change once bball season starts for all we know. Far as yasir goes I think the kid is an absolute stud and I hope we end up with him. However the need for him would be reduced significantly if & once Wayne comes back from his injury as their games & style of play are very similar. With all that said I still hope we pull him

@Liberty City El you ain't exactly being fair to this staff by saying that. It wasn't just our concern but the concerns of most legit power 5 schools in the country that bonnito wasn't commited enough to playing football. Alot of schools see him as a legit bball player. We have no interest in kids that aren't all about football. He's just starting to get serious about football and that may change once bball season starts for all we know. Far as yasir goes I think the kid is an absolute stud and I hope we end up with him. However the need for him would be reduced significantly if & once Wayne comes back from his injury as their games & style of play are very similar. With all that said I still hope we pull him
I wasn't bashing the staff Dee, in fact I hardly ever, I simply stated an opinion that we should've been recruiting other LB options from the start.

I'm well aware of what the deal was with Bonnitto & his hoop dreams, I actually wasn't that high on him until recently.

With Yasir, I been saying he needs to be a Cane since August of last year, I know early on he really wanted an offer from us before he committed to LVille. He's not as big as Wilder, but similar traits & speed.

I'm not tripping off LB recruiting for this class because the 2019 LB's have way more upside, with that said, I just disagree with this Joyner thing. I know behind the scenes it's completely different than what's being said & the real issue with Joyner is something else, I'm just hoping we don't let this kid play games with us like he's doing. He should've been committed, but he's playin both sides.

I'm also very high on Steed, kid reminds me Spence.

Advertisement
College bball isn't going to pay as well as it has been for awhile, so maybe Bonnitto will focus more on football now.

@Liberty City El you ain't exactly being fair to this staff by saying that. It wasn't just our concern but the concerns of most legit power 5 schools in the country that bonnito wasn't commited enough to playing football. Alot of schools see him as a legit bball player. We have no interest in kids that aren't all about football. He's just starting to get serious about football and that may change once bball season starts for all we know. Far as yasir goes I think the kid is an absolute stud and I hope we end up with him. However the need for him would be reduced significantly if & once Wayne comes back from his injury as their games & style of play are very similar. With all that said I still hope we pull him
I wasn't bashing the staff Dee, in fact I hardly ever, I simply stated an opinion that we should've been recruiting other LB options from the start.

I'm well aware of what the deal was with Bonnitto & his hoop dreams, I actually wasn't that high on him until recently.

With Yasir, I been saying he needs to be a Cane since August of last year, I know early on he really wanted an offer from us before he committed to LVille. He's not as big as Wilder, but similar traits & speed.

I'm not tripping off LB recruiting for this class because the 2019 LB's have way more upside, with that said, I just disagree with this Joyner thing. I know behind the scenes it's completely different than what's being said & the real issue with Joyner is something else, I'm just hoping we don't let this kid play games with us like he's doing. He should've been committed, but he's playin both sides.

Ah. My bust. Sleep Deprivation is real. I just glanced over. I thought your issue in particular was with those two. I agree we should've developed more options early on. We are on more backers than discussed but not much.personally I'll take yasir & amari . I'll be **** happy about it

Ah. My bust. Sleep Deprivation is real. I just glanced over. I thought your issue in particular was with those two. I agree we should've developed more options early on. We are on more backers than discussed but not much.personally I'll take yasir & amari . I'll be **** happy about it
All good my man. Much respect as always.

Advertisement

Is amari still an option for us or did that ship sail when he committed to that other trailer trash school?

Is amari still an option for us or did that ship sail when he committed to that other trailer trash school?

He's not going anywhere but FSU, even if they go winless. I believe he grew up as a huge FSU fan and both of his parents went there - and his dad played wr there. They also have season tix.

From my understanding he's still an option for us. [MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION] maybe you could give us a lil more perspective but I've heard Lo & him are real close.

He's not going anywhere but FSU, even if they go winless. I believe he grew up as a huge FSU fan and both of his parents went there - and his dad played wr there. They also have season tix.

Just like Matt Patchan

Advertisement
Back