The Work 9-24

Advertisement
Great news all around with the exception of Silvera. That's very concerning on why he wouldn't sign in December. What exactly would be the reason not to?

I heard heritage doesn't allow EE's

Has nothing to do with EE'ing. You can sign now in December. Not signing in December throws up a red flag. If you've been committed for 6 months, why wouldn't you sign when the time comes?

No reason not to tell joyner compete where you want at lb. no idea why its better not to have him than to let him try ilb.

Advertisement
Don't get all butt hurt until we know why Silvera won't sign in December. There could be an explaination or there could be more strategy to this December signing day than we may know. I think he sticks

I would certainly tell Joyner he could play inside. The point is you want the best football players on your team that's the key rather it's inside or outside you'll still have one of the best linebackers on your team. As far as Nesta I don't see the big deal with the signing in February, that's when players normally sign anyway. As far as Tyson Campbell that's one would just have to wait and see what happens

Silver knows there is immediate playing time here when Norton and rj bolt and moten graduates. If playing time and being coached by one of the best that pumps dts into the league he will stay. He already has every possible offer he could want. So not signing is a head scratcher unless he really does just want to take visits. He **** it down though right?

Advertisement
Offer chatfield and mold him into a de/OLB. Doesn’t appear to be many other options especially with Joyner news

Advertisement
Not sure if this Joyner news makes any sense specifically bc Manny is always saying that LBs get cross trained at each position in order to be versatile and be able to cover due to injuries. Wouldn't see this as a show stopper since telling the kid he will get a shot at middle is technically accurate.

Advertisement
I dont believe the B.S. on Joyner. It makes no sense. He doesnt even play inside lb now. He is essentially waiting out to see how we perform...but he is an FSU commit. I say we need to recruit a bonafide linebacker in this class...because i think we need to restock talent their constantly.

I dont believe the B.S. on Joyner. It makes no sense. He doesnt even play inside lb now. He is essentially waiting out to see how we perform...but he is an FSU commit. I say we need to recruit a bonafide linebacker in this class...because i think we need to restock talent their constantly.

Agree. It's a delaying tactic. Hope he's a Cane, but we need a Plan 1b. Besides, we need more than 1 LB in this class, and arguably more than 1 DE, as well.

Advertisement
Back