The Work 6-19

It comes with the obvious "it's only June" disclaimer, but it seemed like the new staff coveted 4 local CBs from the outset: Henderson, Brini, Davis, and Wilson. After the prior staff's horrific three-year CB recruiting stretch, it's pretty interesting that it seems at least two of those top targets (Brini and Davis) will be heading elsewhere despite our current depth chart at the position.

Thankfully the staff changed their minds about Bandy before it was too late, but it'll be very disappointing if Brini/Davis/Wilson all head elsewhere considering the staff seems to want all three of them badly. Can't be losing the majority of these battles with the first-year recruiting bump, especially with our awful CB situation.

And no one should be dismissing the importance of that by looking ahead to the absurdly loaded 2018 South Florida DB class. We should clean up next year while also adding immediate reinforcements in 2017. It shouldn't be an either-or discussion with the new staff in place.

Advertisement
Honestly I feel like this staff isn't too worried about the DB recruiting this year, and maybe even doesn't want to bring in too many, because they know how stacked next years class will be.

About to see a bunch of "Brinni not as good as Edwards anyway"

Brini is good, no doubt, but he's not elite. He's the type of player we need to keep home. He's one of them that just seem to be looking to leave south florida for whatever reason. I'd gladly take Edwards or Brini.

But Edwards seems like the more athletic of the two and his ceiling is higher imho. Right now Brini is better, in 3 years I'd bet Edwards is better. If we can land Blades, Jobe, Frierson, and maybe 1 or 2 of Samuel Jr, Campbell, Surtain, etc in 2018.. Brini will not be missed whatsoever.

If we can land those guys, nobody we don't get in this class will be missed.

These kids will learn that Richt will recruit past them and not cater to them....if Brini wants to go elsewhere, so be it....give me Brad Stewart...he is a better CB

Advertisement
It comes with the obvious "it's only June" disclaimer, but it seemed like the new staff coveted 4 local CBs from the outset: Henderson, Brini, Davis, and Wilson. After the prior staff's horrific three-year CB recruiting stretch, it's pretty interesting that it seems at least two of those top targets (Brini and Davis) will be heading elsewhere despite our current depth chart at the position.

Thankfully the staff changed their minds about Bandy before it was too late, but it'll be very disappointing if Brini/Davis/Wilson all head elsewhere considering the staff seems to want all three of them badly. Can't be losing the majority of these battles with the first-year recruiting bump, especially with our awful CB situation.

And no one should be dismissing the importance of that by looking ahead to the absurdly loaded 2018 South Florida DB class. We should clean up next year while also adding immediate reinforcements in 2017. It shouldn't be an either-or discussion with the new staff in place.

Word is staff has cooled on davis. Davis was at the richt camp the other day wearing uf gloves and when gamble scored a td he told him to do that wack *** gator chop. Gamble didnt do it but they need to take his *** off the board all together for that.

About to see a bunch of "Brinni not as good as Edwards anyway"

Brini is good, no doubt, but he's not elite. He's the type of player we need to keep home. He's one of them that just seem to be looking to leave south florida for whatever reason. I'd gladly take Edwards or Brini.

But Edwards seems like the more athletic of the two and his ceiling is higher imho. Right now Brini is better, in 3 years I'd bet Edwards is better. If we can land Blades, Jobe, Frierson, and maybe 1 or 2 of Samuel Jr, Campbell, Surtain, etc in 2018.. Brini will not be missed whatsoever.

If we can land those guys, nobody we don't get in this class will be missed.

That's what I'm saying. We do need guys asap in the 2017 class that can step in and play in 2017 season, though. But once that season is over.. 2018 is taking over.

Henderson is a need, his ceiling is off the charts. I think the only 2017 CB that can hang with that 2018 class outside of Henderson is Marco Wilson. If we NEED one CB in 2017 it's him. Also, Bandy is the goods, but he's different than Blades, Samuel, Surtain, etc etc. I see Jobe and Frierson playing safety at UM.

I'm kind of confused on the Basketball thing, considering how great our Basketball program is, wouldn't that be used as a recruiting tool for a talent like Jordan Wright?
Can we legitimately afford to lose a guy as naturally as gifted as him simply based in the fact he wants to be a dual sport guy?
I have a ton of faith in Coach Richt & the rest if the staff, but some of this stuff is starting to get disheartening, especially in contrast to basically every other program this week has had a bunch of top commits for both 2017 & 2018.
FSU, Tennessee, Notre Dame, Oregon, Bama & Michigan just cleaned house with some of the pickups they've gotten over the last week or so.
**** even ASU & Auburn just landed some big recruits. I'm not complaining, I'm just getting nervous about our class & frustrated that we've been putting in so much time recruiting a bunch of these South FLA kids & other schools barely know these kids names and reel them in with little to no effort at all.
It just seems like all these other programs have to do is ask these kids one time if they want to play for them & they commit right there on the spot. But with us, it's like we have to have them on campus 8 times a month, host them at multiple camps & practically throw them a family reunion down here, and they're still iffy about committing with us.
I'll probably get a bunch of downvotes but I'm sorry, it's just getting tiresome man...

Last edited:
Advertisement

I've heard buzz about other programs cooling on Davis and Brini after seeing them in spring. There are questions about their toughness despite their physical profiles.

Honestly the kevin beard hire by UGA was brilliant. James coley helps as well but he we will be ran off in 2 years anyways. Beard is the man down there. The kids love him and hes got connects down there. He will be a thorn just like scott now that they are both in the SEC. Two teams to look out for down here while they are there.

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk

Lol

Honestly the kevin beard hire by UGA was brilliant. James coley helps as well but he we will be ran off in 2 years anyways. Beard is the man down there. The kids love him and hes got connects down there. He will be a thorn just like scott now that they are both in the SEC. Two teams to look out for down here while they are there.

Like he did at Miami?
He was a big part of it

I've heard buzz about other programs cooling on Davis and Brini after seeing them in spring. There are questions about their toughness despite their physical profiles.

I actually heard from a guy who I went to the academy with that they question how good Davis could be...he specifically said that he's coached very well but even though he's coached very well he's not in Marco's or Stanford Samuels's level which worries people. He went to Southridge

Advertisement

That's interesting. But if they end up at SEC powerhouses (i.e. Brini to UGA and Davis to UF, which may happen), then it'll appear like we simply lost multiple battles for top local players at a position that happens to be our most dire immediate need.

And for as much as the prior regime royally botched the situation with the Wilson family by neglecting to go after Quincy, the new staff has had and will continue to have plenty of time to reverse course with Marco. Not sure how others would react if Marco Wilson chooses UF over Miami, but that shouldn't just be chalked up to the prior staff's incompetence during his brother's recruitment. Especially if it comes after missing on two corners this staff seems to have prioritized from the outset in Brini & Davis.

Again, it's only June, so it's whatever. Curious to see how this all unfolds.

shawn davis ‏@MT6_Shawn 7m7 minutes ago
No disrespect to UM non of you UM writers write nothing or tweet bout me at all����still one of my tops❗

Davis talking about you Pete?

Advertisement
No disrespect to UM non of you UM writers write nothing or tweet bout me at all����still one of my tops❗

He sounds rustled.

Is it possible that the writers know he's a gator? That's why they don't write about him?

He sounds rustled.

Is it possible that the writers know he's a gator? That's why they don't write about him?

Looks like he deleted the tweet, but is def rustled. If you go to Kevaughn Dingle's twitter, he's doggin him verbally and it looks like he did physically too at Duke's 7 on 7 this weekend..

https://twitter.com/up_top_vaughn

I love it. Dingle sounds like a true cane.

I hope we do land Bandy, Edwards, n Wilson to go with Henderson.... cause it would suck to lose out on more CBs when we had a decent Corner in Roberts Committed

Smh... Everybody knows the kid isn't coming to the U, so the phrase "still one of my tops" is basically like the hot girl that says she "likes" you but says no every time you ask her out, Lol.

Advertisement
Back