The Work 6-19

shawn davis ‏@MT6_Shawn 7m7 minutes ago
No disrespect to UM non of you UM writers write nothing or tweet bout me at all����still one of my tops❗

Davis talking about you Pete?

He sounds rustled.

Is it possible that the writers know he's a gator? That's why they don't write about him?

Looks like he deleted the tweet, but is def rustled. If you go to Kevaughn Dingle's twitter, he's doggin him verbally and it looks like he did physically too at Duke's 7 on 7 this weekend..

https://twitter.com/up_top_vaughn

I love it. Dingle sounds like a true cane.

Dingle is destroying that boi on twitter...lol... made davis delete the tweet pretty much

Advertisement
Thanks for all your hard work and keeping us informed.I had read similar news on Brini last week.

He seemed he was looking for a reason not to like to UM, probably going to be a UGA bulldog

So after a decade plus in the desert of mediocrity and garbage coaching UM finally lands a real coach in Mark Richt from UGA. Richt is known as a elite recruiter and we have some good momentum in recruiting and excitement surrounds the future of the program. This is great because we have a huge hole on the roster at CB especially after Elder leaves. The CB position is so paper thin that it wouldn't be surprising in the least for a few talented true freshman to get immediate playing time and push for a starting spot. Our new DC Diaz is known for running an aggressive defense which fits the personality and playing style of SoFla HS football players. So far we have 1CB committed for the 2017 class in Henderson but he is a projection at CB and doesn't have much experience playing CB in HS.

Now having digested all of this, we now find out that one of the top CB's on Miami's board Latavious Brini from Hialeah, who a few weeks ago stated that Miami was separating from the pack is now expected to announce for......Georgia! The irony is mind blowing! You just can't make this **** up!

About to see a bunch of "Brinni not as good as Edwards anyway"

Brini is good, no doubt, but he's not elite. He's the type of player we need to keep home. He's one of them that just seem to be looking to leave south florida for whatever reason. I'd gladly take Edwards or Brini.

But Edwards seems like the more athletic of the two and his ceiling is higher imho. Right now Brini is better, in 3 years I'd bet Edwards is better. If we can land Blades, Jobe, Frierson, and maybe 1 or 2 of Samuel Jr, Campbell, Surtain, etc in 2018.. Brini will not be missed whatsoever.

If we can land those guys, nobody we don't get in this class will be missed.
If we had ham, we could have ham and eggs. If we had eggs.

It comes with the obvious "it's only June" disclaimer, but it seemed like the new staff coveted 4 local CBs from the outset: Henderson, Brini, Davis, and Wilson. After the prior staff's horrific three-year CB recruiting stretch, it's pretty interesting that it seems at least two of those top targets (Brini and Davis) will be heading elsewhere despite our current depth chart at the position.

Thankfully the staff changed their minds about Bandy before it was too late, but it'll be very disappointing if Brini/Davis/Wilson all head elsewhere considering the staff seems to want all three of them badly. Can't be losing the majority of these battles with the first-year recruiting bump, especially with our awful CB situation.

And no one should be dismissing the importance of that by looking ahead to the absurdly loaded 2018 South Florida DB class. We should clean up next year while also adding immediate reinforcements in 2017. It shouldn't be an either-or discussion with the new staff in place.

Too soon for all of this. We're what? 8 months out and haven't played a game yet. Wait for it..

Advertisement
I'm not suggesting people should start panicking but the first full cycle with a new staff is supposed to be the honeymoon class where they sell hope and dreams to kids. For whatever Reason, Richt isn't going about it that way, it doesn't sound like. we'll see how it goes.

As i have consistently said for 15 years now, it's all about the evaluations, anyhow.

I been saying go after Ameer Speed for a reason, you don't let a 6'3 10.7 100m corner just walk into another program hands without putting up a fight. I know personally some schools are not as high on Brini and Davis like DMoney said but I have seen most these athletes close up and I am not sold on Edwards yet. Sometimes his height works against him, when a WR gets him to raise up it shifts his momentum. He is smooth though for his size I would just rather look elsewhere.

I'm not suggesting people should start panicking but the first full cycle with a new staff is supposed to be the honeymoon class where they sell hope and dreams to kids. For whatever Reason, Richt isn't going about it that way, it doesn't sound like. we'll see how it goes.

As i have consistently said for 15 years now, it's all about the evaluations, anyhow.

Like you said before, it's only June. There is a lot of time left to bring what should be a top 5 class together. My question is that if Richt isn't selling hopes and dreams, then what exactly do you think he's selling? Also it may be too early to conclude that this class won't follow the "Honeymoon" script.

Advertisement
Based on what I was told today, it is unlikely that Brini will wind up as a Hurricane.

- Unfortunate....most unfortunate

Like you said before, it's only June. There is a lot of time left to bring what should be a top 5 class together. My question is that if Richt isn't selling hopes and dreams, then what exactly do you think he's selling? Also it may be too early to conclude that this class won't follow the "Honeymoon" script.

Playing time

I been saying go after Ameer Speed for a reason, you don't let a 6'3 10.7 100m corner just walk into another program hands without putting up a fight. I know personally some schools are not as high on Brini and Davis like DMoney said but I have seen most these athletes close up and I am not sold on Edwards yet. Sometimes his height works against him, when a WR gets him to raise up it shifts his momentum. He is smooth though for his size I would just rather look elsewhere.

He's extremely raw, he's not the type of guy that can play right away and we need guys who can

Advertisement
Advertisement
Thanks for all your hard work and keeping us informed.I had read similar news on Brini last week.

He seemed he was looking for a reason not to like to UM, probably going to be a UGA bulldog

So after a decade plus in the desert of mediocrity and garbage coaching UM finally lands a real coach in Mark Richt from UGA. Richt is known as a elite recruiter and we have some good momentum in recruiting and excitement surrounds the future of the program. This is great because we have a huge hole on the roster at CB especially after Elder leaves. The CB position is so paper thin that it wouldn't be surprising in the least for a few talented true freshman to get immediate playing time and push for a starting spot. Our new DC Diaz is known for running an aggressive defense which fits the personality and playing style of SoFla HS football players. So far we have 1CB committed for the 2017 class in Henderson but he is a projection at CB and doesn't have much experience playing CB in HS.

Now having digested all of this, we now find out that one of the top CB's on Miami's board Latavious Brini from Hialeah, who a few weeks ago stated that Miami was separating from the pack is now expected to announce for......Georgia! The irony is mind blowing! You just can't make this **** up!

Again, and I'm going to continue to chirp this, we should've NEVER cooled on Nick Roberts not knowing if bigger targets had a mutual love for us.

Brini is good, no doubt, but he's not elite. He's the type of player we need to keep home. He's one of them that just seem to be looking to leave south florida for whatever reason. I'd gladly take Edwards or Brini.

But Edwards seems like the more athletic of the two and his ceiling is higher imho. Right now Brini is better, in 3 years I'd bet Edwards is better. If we can land Blades, Jobe, Frierson, and maybe 1 or 2 of Samuel Jr, Campbell, Surtain, etc in 2018.. Brini will not be missed whatsoever.

If we can land those guys, nobody we don't get in this class will be missed.

That's what I'm saying. We do need guys asap in the 2017 class that can step in and play in 2017 season, though. But once that season is over.. 2018 is taking over.

Henderson is a need, his ceiling is off the charts. I think the only 2017 CB that can hang with that 2018 class outside of Henderson is Marco Wilson. If we NEED one CB in 2017 it's him. Also, Bandy is the goods, but he's different than Blades, Samuel, Surtain, etc etc. I see Jobe and Frierson playing safety at UM.

Man ya'll r killing me w the next year crap. That swan song is dead. You don't get elite by recruiting next year; you get elite by recruiting this year and the year thereafter, and the year thereafter!

There's no guarantee that the elite crop of 2018 kids will commit to us; then what? Wait to the next elite group of 2019??

Bama ain't talking about 2018; neither is FSU, OSU, Clemson, and other top tier programs. They are arming themselves now! When u arm now, then there's a pretty good chance you are going to be armed the following year as well.

Kids want playing time, sure, but they want to be associated with winners. They want to be associated w schools that pump out 1st rounders.

This soft shouldered "if" game we've been playing regarding recruiting has to got to stop. I can care less of the 2018 class b/c we have a talented 2017 So Fla class getting away w us, and if we don't win this season, bet $ all those prospects you're banking on for 2018 will flee too, w the exception of Blades Jr.

i dont even think he is better now..His comp is suspect at Mater Academy...Edwards been going against big dog div 1 wr since he was a freshman

Advertisement
Back