The U will never be back

The U will always be a threat. Too much talent here. You can't get all of them but theres a whole tier every year of kids who we don't even offer who will be very effective college starters. We can't get them all, but the truth is we never did.

I'm praying that Golden has figured it out. Its a small glimmer of hope but the past 2 games have been the first real signs of light at the end of the tunnel since Florida, and even that was a win that was tough to feel amazing about from a pure football perspective, as we were statistically dominated. Winning cures all. The stadium will fill up for the big games, thats how its always been. Good coaching is the key and the jury is still out on whether or not we have that. This is the big test, honestly this game cannot be understated in relation to how it shapes the trajectory of not only us, but a huge streak of national prominence for our biggest on and off field rival.

I dunno why Miami gets such a bad rap, I live 20-25 mins. from the University of Maryland, nobody goes to their games and they're a state school with a nice on-campus stadium, and have all that Under Armor money. Nobody goes to Maryland games unless its a big team in town like Ohio State...I don't get the Miami hate all the time

Because the hate for Miami runs true and deep and always will.
Miami's the outsider who came to the party uninvited and gave everyone the finger while doing it.

Advertisement
The U will always be a threat. Too much talent here. You can't get all of them but theres a whole tier every year of kids who we don't even offer who will be very effective college starters. We can't get them all, but the truth is we never did.

I'm praying that Golden has figured it out. Its a small glimmer of hope but the past 2 games have been the first real signs of light at the end of the tunnel since Florida, and even that was a win that was tough to feel amazing about from a pure football perspective, as we were statistically dominated. Winning cures all. The stadium will fill up for the big games, thats how its always been. Good coaching is the key and the jury is still out on whether or not we have that. This is the big test, honestly this game cannot be understated in relation to how it shapes the trajectory of not only us, but a huge streak of national prominence for our biggest on and off field rival.

You can say that again!

I see what you did there! LOL!!!!

After biatchslappong fsu we should save some biatchslappong for tony. We will be back. Stadium is an issue no doubt but that won't keep us from landing talent. Have him take a look at 2106 class and biatchslap him again

I mean he looks right until we comeback if we ever will.

You must be new to CFB oh yea you are.. Why don't you ask Bama and Texas fans if they thought they would ever be ''Back'' during the late 90's early 2000s when both were average and irrelevant... Until Saban got there and Vince Young got to Texas.. Same with Oklahoma and USC...

Shalala succeeded in doing exactly what she wanted.

The Football team is no longer the face of the U. Shalala is.

Never be back, especially as long as Golden is here, getting cornholed in S FL recruiting every year.

Advertisement

I dunno why Miami gets such a bad rap, I live 20-25 mins. from the University of Maryland, nobody goes to their games and they're a state school with a nice on-campus stadium, and have all that Under Armor money. Nobody goes to Maryland games unless its a big team in town like Ohio State...I don't get the Miami hate all the time

Nobody gives a **** about the University of Maryland. That's why. Hating on them is like bullying a ******.

Because we aren't Maryland. They haven't won a championship since the 50's.

What would you expect? Duh! Duh! Duh! We have a few people/trolls who talk ad nauseum on this board about attendance & SunLife (many who have never even been there) & where do you think Barnhart & these birdbrains pick up their b.s.? From trolling these boards! Social media sucks. The OB was always half full except for a big game but no one ever talked about it back in the day. Who gave a fack? Just win baby! For those of you who continually harp about Sun Life, I hope you're happy with Barnhart's isht & others. All you do is hurt recruiting with it.

Advertisement
Golden ain't that guy IMO, dudes recruiting is stupid suspect.

Golden has recruited more than enough talent to win big. That is not the issue. The actual coaching and development of the players is the issue.

And saying Miami isn't winning because of a stadium is one of the most ridiculous ideas I've ever heard. Amazing that some people buy into this.

Somehow in these people's magical world, a stadium is a key component in coaching success. So all it would take for Golden to be a better coach would be if he was coaching in a 100,000 seat sold out stadium. This huge, sold out stadium would magically make all of his coaching deficiencies go away!

As for Barnhart, he's your typical SEC homer. Sad part is that 99% of fans of SEC teams think the same way. I've lived in Alabama and Georgia for a large portion of my life and these dudes straight up hate The U. They will say anything, true or not, to denigrate Miami.

Last edited:
The Dolphins aren't exactly packing them in tonight...judging by the sound of the cheer when Mr. Lauren Tannehill was sacked, there may be a significant number of Bills fans in there.

Th U will never be back??? If Al is half the motivational genius he thinks he is, he'll post a copy of the transcript from the show up in the locker room and let the players decide if the statement is true or not.

I can attest to the fact that Al is NOT a motivational genius, and we saw the most flat UM teams ever fielded over the past three years - and then they PLAYED flat.

The only motivation Al's provided, is the FLY THE BANNER cry.

Whether we ever get back to being a dominating power in CFB depends A LOT on who the new President is and what his/her priorities will be.
The stadium problem is BAD, but maybe the refurbishing will help. Still would like to see a stadium built at Tropical Park, but that seems unlikely to happen unless we can get out of the lease for Sunlife. The biggest problem we have is that the cities of Miami AND Coral Gables don't give a rat's ### about UM. We probably have the worst community support of any university in the country. It's been that way forever.

Advertisement
This according to Tony Barnhart of the SEC network. Today on the John Feinstein show, Tony Barnhart sounded off on the FSU v. Miami football matchup. He was questioned as to why he thinks Al Golden has not been able to turn this program around since he was able to turn a depleted Temple program around. Tony responded by stating the U will never be back no matter how "good" of a coach we have in Al Golden for the simple fact that other programs can now come into our backyard, with confidence, poach kids and sell them on a winning tradition and playing in a....wait for it.....full stadium. He went on to say that Sun Life Stadium has been the true death of this program b/c kids see how empty and lifeless it is and it's turning them off no matter how much of a "fan" they may be.
Thoughts?

If memory serves me right we werent exactly having sellouts like at Bama or UTenn in the OB...

If you want to look at schools that are in the exact same ship as us look at TCU and baylor... both private schools yet winning has brought in dollars and everything.. it takes the right kind of coach

I also think being in Miami just makes it harder to retain traditional and loyal fans. It's nothing against Miami...but its just a much more diverse and exciting city compared to the areas around Baylor and TCU. Don't discount the fact that people living there really dont have much else to fulfill themselves.

How big is college football in Chicago (where I am). It's trash
New York?

Golden has recruited more than enough talent to win big. That is not the issue. The actual coaching and development of the players is the issue.

And saying Miami isn't winning because of a stadium is one of the most ridiculous ideas I've ever heard. Amazing that some people buy into this.

Somehow in these people's magical world, a stadium is a key component in coaching success. So all it would take for Golden to be a better coach would be if he was coaching in a 100,000 seat sold out stadium. This huge, sold out stadium would magically make all of his coaching deficiencies go away!

As for Barnhart, he's your typical SEC homer. Sad part is that 99% of fans of SEC teams think the same way. I've lived in Alabama and Georgia for a large portion of my life and these dudes straight up hate The U. They will say anything, true or not, to denigrate Miami.

Thats not it at all. A big full stadium would only help with dazzling recruits...game day atmosphere each and every week. I didnt read the story as linking a full stadium to a coach COACHING better.

Thats not it at all. A big full stadium would only help with dazzling recruits...game day atmosphere each and every week. I didnt read the story as linking a full stadium to a coach COACHING better.

Yes, it is. People say the Orange Bowl was a main reason Miami was successful in the 80's-00's.

Miami gets more than enough talent to win as is. And what recruiting battles Miami is losing has nothing to do with a stadium. Recruits pick a school based upon a combination of their relationship with coaches, proximity to home and opportunity for playing time.

Advertisement
The stadium problem will be gone after the remake of Joe Robbie. Capacity is being reduced to 63,000 and we will be close to the action.

Who cares what an $ec bias ****** thinks? He probably couldn't fathom Miami bring back because it would.mean an end to this sec dominance

I guarantee this idiot has never been to a high school football game in South Florida.

The kids down here grow up with empty stadiums. If your team sucks, even your mom isn't showing up.

Here's the problem with his stupid theory: If we had Louisville's defense the past few years, we are a Top 10 team. Those are all guys who would've killed for a legit Miami offer.

This according to Tony Barnhart of the SEC network. Today on the John Feinstein show, Tony Barnhart sounded off on the FSU v. Miami football matchup. He was questioned as to why he thinks Al Golden has not been able to turn this program around since he was able to turn a depleted Temple program around. Tony responded by stating the U will never be back no matter how "good" of a coach we have in Al Golden for the simple fact that other programs can now come into our backyard, with confidence, poach kids and sell them on a winning tradition and playing in a....wait for it.....full stadium. He went on to say that Sun Life Stadium has been the true death of this program b/c kids see how empty and lifeless it is and it's turning them off no matter how much of a "fan" they may be.
Thoughts?

HAve to agree with him. For now anyways. Need to come up with a big win sometime. Beating VT, UNC and Cinci will not cut it. We need to beat one of the powerhouse teams like noles.

Advertisement
Back