The Turnaround Has Begun

Van Dyke is to Diaz what Brady was to Belichick. The era has officially begun.
H3jkdrDm2aYZ7ADoRB.gif

Advertisement
This is as bad as starting a donkeys vs elephant thread
@CaneTheGaytors

Poops,
Read what AtlAtty read again. Enjoy the win. It will have no bearing on Manny's job. By the end of the regular season NC State will likely be an unranked 4 loss team. This win will end up looking like every one of al golden's wins and that will be a factor in manny's dismissal.

That said, enjoy tonight. The kids played hard for four quarters and even overcame their own coaching staff at the end of the first half to eek out the win. We have some very good young talent.

In front of the 2001 squad as well.
You act like our admin thinks rationally. They come up with reasons to justify what they want to do. They don’t want to fire Manny and have to make another hire/big boy decision

Advertisement
Real fans don't care who the coach is so long as we win. That being said, Manny still isn't the guy. If that NC-State receiver didn't drop those 2-3 passes, we might have had a different outcome tonight.

But I'll take it.
This. They had a LOT of crucial drops and weird negative plays. How about the play where the kid recovers our fck up but has no helmet? Yeah- we got pretty lucky to eek out this win. Manny needs to go.

I am just going to reserve judgment at this point. I have to admit that the team played better this week than they did all season. The tackling was much improved, and for the most part, the best players were playing big minutes.

The coaches did their job last week. If this youth movement continues to pay dividends for the remainder of the season (and that is a big if), then the Canes have something that they can build on.

More like and WIN the ACC Championship
You are probably right. The crazy thing is if we reach the game we could win because the ACC is so mediocre.
But we won’t make it.
Crazier thing is if we make the FG against UVA we are 2-1 in conference and could easily be 3-0 in conference. Then we could be worried that we would be stuck with Diaz for another year.

Doesn't Manny get credit for developing TVD?

He did a good job tonite. Period.

Pittsburgh, just became the biggest game of the season.
I would argue Lashlee is working with the right QB for the system. Better reads than King and a better passer.
King invented more out of nothing but within the system he was limited.

Advertisement
Feel like this was the bouncing dead cat game...but we'll see.

The team hasn't tapped out yet. Got to give the young guys credit where credit is due. They are fighting.

You are probably right. The crazy thing is if we reach the game we could win because the ACC is so mediocre.
But we won’t make it.
Crazier thing is if we make the FG against UVA we are 2-1 in conference and could easily be 3-0 in conference. Then we could be worried that we would be stuck with Diaz for another year.
Is there ANY possibility that we win out and make the Championship Game? Assuming by some miracle we beat Pitt.

The reason I ask is that the kids apparently like Diaz and seem to be playing harder for him. It’s conceivable.

Advertisement
Agree. Get Bolden out of my face. Now that Avantae is playing we really need go to a 3 man safety rotation of J. Williams/Kinchens/Avantae Williams.

What baffles me is that we are finally playing all these talented young kids yet we see Jennings and Steed out there. Why don't either Cave or Huff get playing time? Is Brooks still hurt? At this point what is there to lose? Let these young LBs loose. Throw Tyler Johnson out there as well. Did Chase Smith get any burn last night? Get the young talent at LB out on the field so they can have the opportunity to learn from their mistakes, grow and get better.
21 was legitimately responsible for 13 points last night. 2 big missed tackles that got them rolling for the first FG. Caught out of position on the two long passes right before half, and the running into the kicker on the missed FG. His playing time at Miami should be over.

As for LB, I really want to see Chase out there. I don’t buy the whole, they don’t know the defense or they don’t know assignments. I don’t care, because the 17, 11, and 44 apparently don’t either. And what’s worse is that even when they do, they can’t make the play.

The 2021 class really could turn this program around, but they need to be put on the field. Mario or another competent coach with this core of talent should be winning 10 games from the jump.

Short of getting in the CFP, nothing will save this admin. Winning games keeps players happy though.

Also, this wasn't some dominant win. We squeaked by after giving up the lead twice. You can bet NC St receivers are going to hear about their drops this week.

Advertisement
Is there ANY possibility that we win out and make the Championship Game? Assuming by some miracle we beat Pitt.

The reason I ask is that the kids apparently like Diaz and seem to be playing harder for him. It’s conceivable.
We need a lot of help. UVA and UNC would have to lose 3 conference games because they have the head to head. Its not happening.

Advertisement
Back