The truth about Mario

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's not relevant. FIU was a dumpster fire (although Mario did take them to their first bowl game.).

Under those circumstances I will chose to ignore the first five years of his career, preferring to focus on what he's accomplished since.

But it's OK when Lane Train Riders refuse to discuss Oakland, Tennessee, and USC...

Seriously!

Sometimes I think passengers on the Lane Train are more in love with Kiffin's personality than his results.

I've no doubt he's matured as a HC, like Mario, post-Saban rehab, but let's see how Ole Miss performs against Alabama, Auburn, LSU, and Arkansas this season. He went 0-4 last season. He also has TAMU on the schedule, but they didn't play last season

Well Oakland, Tennessee, and UsC don't fit the narrative. Soooo.....

Under those circumstances I will chose to ignore the first five years of his career, preferring to focus on what he's accomplished since. Lmao.

Seriously though, let's vett all available candidates and not fan out over one win. How does that sound? There are other quality coaches besides Cristobal and Kiffin you know.

But it's OK when Lane Train Riders refuse to discuss Oakland, Tennessee, and USC...

I don't think NFL record is relevant to the college HC discussion. As for Tennessee: they went 5-7 the year prior to Kiffin. Kiffin went 7-6, but they had a tough schedule. They lost to the #1 team at the time, UF, at Gainesville by 10, then later lost to the #1 team, Bama, at Tuscaloosa, by 2. That may not impress you but he went on the road and made both #1 teams sweat out wins. At USC, he was under crippling sanctions the entire time and still did well in recruiting and finished 1st in the division in 2011. The actually finished #6 overall that year with a final record of 10-2, which included a triple overtime loss to #4 Stanford (they were triple OT loss away from 11-1 and being in the conversation for the national championship game). They had wins over 5 top 25 ranked teams that season. Not a spectacular career at USC but it's not horrible.

He sucked in the NFL...every coach has flaws. I just look at the ones that hit directly in the face. Mario is Mark Richt 2.0 and we all hated that experiment.
michael jackson halloween GIF by Vevo

Advertisement
I'm a huge Mario fan.

I even wanted him over CMR back in 2015.

With that said, have we not learned anything if we don't take our time, do a thorough search and interview all candidates this next time around?

Absolutely, Mario should be at the top of the list of candidates. But does anyone else not see the hypocrisy behind screaming at Blake James for hiring Manny and not interviewing anyone else, to only turn around and fire Manny and just hire Mario while also not interviewing any other candidates?

Well Oakland, Tennessee, and UsC don't fit the narrative. Soooo.....

Under those circumstances I will chose to ignore the first five years of his career, preferring to focus on what he's accomplished since. Lmao.

Seriously though, let's vett all available candidates and not fan out over one win. How does that sound? There are other quality coaches besides Cristobal and Kiffin you know.
100%.

I would not be upset with Kiffin. Like Mario, he's resurrected his career in Saban's Rehab. Did very well at FAU, but's FAU. Let's see how Ole Miss performs against Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, and LSU this season. Kiffin was 0-4 last year. TAMU is also on the schedule (cancelled last year).

FYI, Kiffin makes more then Mario, signing an extension this past January. Buyout unknown to me, but those assuming he's cheaper are incorrect.

I also would not mind looking at candidates from the NFL.

Last edited:
Advertisement
How is Mario comparable to Richt?
Win 10 games and wanted his head on a chopping block. Mario isnt going to get us more than 11 games or even 10 IMO.

But if they run the field this year ill say otherwise.

People on here touting Flowe like hes a big loss. They did'nt have him last year either.

He beat a top ten team on the road. A team with more talent than he has. Game, set
Mario oversaw a game plan that not only had a chance to win on both sides of the ball....but DID. When I watch the Clemson, Alabama, UNC and bowl games Miami played, whatever game plan Manny and co. came up with had no chance. There is no way possible with the talent Miami has to not be competitive every game. At least respectful competition. I didn't even get into the last 3 games of 2019. Good coaches exploit the other teams weakness and keep hammering it....when was the last time Miami won a game because of mismatches? Sh*t, when was the last time a formation or receiver was wide open because of a mismatch? I know there are some...but not enough.

I'm a huge Mario fan.

I even wanted him over CMR back in 2015.

With that said, have we not learned anything if we don't take our time, do a thorough search and interview all candidates this next time around?

Absolutely, Mario should be at the top of the list of candidates. But does anyone else not see the hypocrisy behind screaming at Blake James for hiring Manny and not interviewing anyone else, to only turn around and fire Manny and just hire Mario while also not interviewing any other candidates?
Thank you for being a Cristobal supporter with some sense sir. All we want is a real coaching search.

Advertisement
He sucked in the NFL...every coach has flaws. I just look at the ones that hit directly in the face. Mario is Mark Richt 2.0 and we all hated that experiment.
Richt 2.0? Will Mario call plays? Will Mario hire his unqualified son to be QB coach? Is Mario up in age and at the tail end of his coaching career?

Please enlighten me on the similarities.

Richt 2.0? Will Mario call plays? Will Mario hire his unqualified son to be QB coach? Is Mario up in age and at the tail end of his coaching career?

Please enlighten me on the similarities.
We wanted Richt gone after a 10 win season. What makes you think Mario is anymore than that?

Mentored by Saban means jack****

He’s had way more HC flameouts in his coaching tree than most
BS. It depends on whether they were first time coaches or rehabilitated. Just depends what category you are looking at. Kiffin, Sarkasian, Cristobal and Locksley are all in the rehabilitation category.

Jimbo Fisher--national title; made A&M a real conference contender.
Billy Napier--in 3 years won his division each year and last year won his conference.
Mel Tucker--has Michigan State heading in right direction.
Lane Kiffin--won his conference 2 out 3 years at FAU. Has Ole Miss heading in right direction year 2.
Kirby Smart--55-14, 33-9 at Georgia.
Jim McElwain--despite the insanity he won his division twice at Florida getting fired in his 3rd year. Won his division last year for Central Michigan,
Mike Locksley--year 3 has Maryland heading in right direction.

Yeah, Dooley, Williams, Muschamp and Pruitt ***** the bed. 3 of the 4 were first time coaches.

Advertisement
Back