The truth about Mario

I know I shouldn't, but is OSU really that good? Day is not Urban and Fields is gone.

I like that Mario knows OLINE play like the back of his hand, which is honestly the biggest reason I want him here.
Who do you have that’s better than Mario that realistically would come here?

Advertisement
No one is saying he is Lombardi. But he went and beat a more a talented team on the road in a hostile environment. A team with way more talent and great coaching. Manny has never done that. He’s also won his conference twice I think. And if he comes here he will raise the physicality and drum up excitement

This school takes coaches and spits them out. If Mario stabilizes us and gets us to 9-11 win territory we should be lucky. And then with the right passer he can cycles up. Like wisconsin or maybe ufag under mullen

Advertisement
Just because you post here a lot doesn't mean you have any pull. Half of your takes are hot garbage and I don't comment on them. Why couldn't you do the same you miserable fool.

I don't give a ****e about "pull" or any other childish garbage. You started a "look at me" thread to rehash things that have been discussed for weeks, then you pouted when people didn't play along and validate your repetitive post by engaging in conversation that you would deem as a proper tribute to you and your brilliant thread.

You cherry-picked a few "names" of Oregon's opponents and tried to act as if you had performed actual analysis.

Again, it's been said a million times. FIU was a ****show before he arrived, and then he elevated his coaching development by working with Saban. Mario inherited one of the typical Taggart smoke-and-mirror "turnarounds" and has actually gotten Oregon to a very sustainable level through consistent Top 15-ish recruiting. To make a big deal about Oregon's W-L record during the 2020 COVID year is just ridiculous, the Pac 12 was the most disorganized P5 conference in scheduling and fielding games last year, and so there are really two valid years to evaluate, 2018 and 2019, both of which were very good recruiting/coaching performances by Mario.

Your original post is still recycled garbage, whether I rebut it in detail or not.

You can’t look at results alone when hiring somebody. Wins and losses are a flawed metric to a certain degree. You have to watch the games and see how his team approaches and plays the game. You want someone who can lead, instill toughness, recruit, and hire good coaches around him. Knowing he takes Mirabal with him is something that can’t be overstated. Mario checks off boxes that nobody else we could realistically hire, does.
Totally agree. You watch Miami even in some of the wins and you see a very undisciplined team. You see a fundamentally flawed defense.

You really don’t see a gameplan on either side of the ball.

I’m not an expert but watching Miami it’s clear players aren’t getting the best coaching and there’s a lack of accountability (yes Pope has finally been benched after 2 years of garbage).

Advertisement
Its not relevant???? That's a new one, lmaoooooo. Let's ignore five years of his career because it doesn't fit the narrative.
It's not relevant. FIU was a dumpster fire (although Mario did take them to their first bowl game.).

Under those circumstances I will chose to ignore the first five years of his career, preferring to focus on what he's accomplished since.

That's actually not true. Butch won 9 Games and Mario never did.

I actually ran the numbers in another thread that I'm not going to bother looking for. Long story short: Cristobal's winning percentage for his career at FIU was 9% higher than his predecessor (Strock). It was something like .340 to .270. I don't remember the exact % bout it was around that. Butch's career percentage at FIU is around .510, compared to his predecessors that were around .320. Butch was almost 20% better than his predecessors. The argument that Cristobal significantly improved FIU doesn't really hold water. Davis beats Cristobal if you are discussing who did more for FIU compared to their respective predecessors. Doesn't mean that I'd rather have Butch over Cristobal for UM HC, but no need to exaggerate someone's accomplishments to try to win an argument.

Advertisement
I don't give a ****e about "pull" or any other childish garbage. You started a "look at me" thread to rehash things that have been discussed for weeks, then you pouted when people didn't play along and validate your repetitive post by engaging in conversation that you would deem as a proper tribute to you and your brilliant thread.

You cherry-picked a few "names" of Oregon's opponents and tried to act as if you had performed actual analysis.

Again, it's been said a million times. FIU was a ****show before he arrived, and then he elevated his coaching development by working with Saban. Mario inherited one of the typical Taggart smoke-and-mirror "turnarounds" and has actually gotten Oregon to a very sustainable level through consistent Top 15-ish recruiting. To make a big deal about Oregon's W-L record during the 2020 COVID year is just ridiculous, the Pac 12 was the most disorganized P5 conference in scheduling and fielding games last year, and so there are really two valid years to evaluate, 2018 and 2019, both of which were very good recruiting/coaching performances by Mario.

Your original post is still recycled garbage, whether I rebut it in detail or not.
It's actually a thread for those who want to be on the record about not slurping/thinking Mario is the answer.

I can see you are a Mario slurper and are def in your feelings.
If you're ever in ATL lets meet up for a chat and you keep this same energy you have now.
I would love to oblige you.

But it's OK when Lane Train Riders refuse to discuss Oakland, Tennessee, and USC...
Seriously!

Sometimes I think passengers on the Lane Train are more in love with Kiffin's personality than his results.

I've no doubt he's matured as a HC, like Mario, post-Saban rehab, but let's see how Ole Miss performs against Alabama, Auburn, LSU, and Arkansas this season. He went 0-4 last season. He also has TAMU on the schedule, but they didn't play last season

Advertisement
While everyone is entitled to start new threads as they like, I don't see the point of this thread, no offense intended OP.

Nobody on this board thought of Mario as an elite coach on the same level of Nick Saban or Urban Meyer. But it has been discussed in numerous threads that he is a much better coach than Manny who is on upward trajectory AND we have a legit shot of maybe getting him as our coach, which is not the case with "elite" coaches.

Your thread is not offering anything new to discuss. With that said, you could expect some negative reactions from irritated posters.

The one thing Mario will bring is elite recruiting. He will lock the State of Miami down again. He will stock pile us with so much talent at the worst we will win the Coastal alot more often than we are. Will slide into a few ACC titles and maybe even get a natty out of the deal. Ill take that all day.

While everyone is entitled to start new threads as they like, I don't see the point of this thread, no offense intended OP.

Nobody on this board thought of Mario as an elite coach on the same level of Nick Saban or Urban Meyer. But it has been discussed in numerous threads that he is a much better coach than Manny who is on upward trajectory AND we have a legit shot of maybe getting him as our coach, which is not the case with "elite" coaches.

Your thread is not offering anything new to discuss. With that said, you could expect some negative reactions from irritated posters.

So I guess I'm the only one who has seen back the brinks truck up for Mario posts?

Advertisement
Back