The TE room

Advertisement
We are TEU and its not even a question.

And our 2 Headed TE monster has been in effect the last 5 years and hopefully it will continue.

Straight Line/Athletic Receiving TE:
  • David Njoku (2015-2016)
  • Will Mallory (2018-Present)
  • Dominic Mammarelli (2020-Present)
  • Elijah Arroyo (2021)

H-Back/Do It All TE:
  • Chris Herndon (2016-2017)
  • Brevin Jordon (2018-Present)
  • Larry Hodges (2019-Present)
  • Khalil Brantley (2021)

A+ TE Recruiting haul in 2021 by Lashlee and Field

Missing on Washington may prove to be a blessing. Everyone was uber impessed with him at paradise camp but when i saw him in the all American game the kid looked like he can barely move. This is a great get, 4.6 speed dwn the middle of the field is dangerous.

I agree, think he is overrated

Advertisement
My question is how we evaluate a kid from far away given the covid environment. He hasn't been to campus, either. Hoping Lashlee's relationships here helped. He looks like a nice prospect.

Even when Richt was here, Offensive recruiting has been better on paper with **** offenses than the defense.. For some reason Diaz and his band of misfits cant sell their top ranked defenses for ****, my gawd.

Advertisement
My question is how we evaluate a kid from far away given the covid environment. He hasn't been to campus, either. Hoping Lashlee's relationships here helped. He looks like a nice prospect.
How? Lashlee was at SMU the last two years and recruiting him already there.

How? Lashlee was at SMU the last two years and recruiting him already there.
That's certainly part of any explanation, but evals require a process involving the position coach and HC, also. Hopefully Manny's making some progress in that area.

Advertisement
Still waiting for Patke, Rumph, Baker, Diaz and Banda to join the party

4964517.jpg

The same way that every other program who recruits & signs kids who aren't in their backyard.

The idea that's impossible to eval a kid just because he's not a stone's throw away from your campus is ridiculous to me.

How did Oh St evaluate Jeffrey Okudah from South Grand Prairie TX all the way up in Ohio?
How did Bama evaluate Tua all the way in Hawaii?
How did Josh Heupel eval Dillon Gabriel all the way in Hawaii?
How did Utah eval Tyler Huntley & Zach Moss in FLA even though they were so far away?
How did Louisville eval Bridgewater & Lamar Jackson?
How did Bronco Mendenhall eval Bryce Perkins who was a JUCO kid from Arizona?
How did Clemson eval Isaiah Simmons from Kansas all the way in South Carolina?

How does any team ever evaluate any OOS prospect? If we can't eval a kid just because he doesn't live 15min away from Greentree then we need to fold the **** program, like yesterday.

It's not that difficult, watch film, communicate with coaches & recruit, then when you get a chance, go watch him play live. Recruiting is simple, inept losing programs make it hard, but the central core of recruiting is not hard at all.

The same way that every other program who recruits & signs kids who aren't in their backyard.

The idea that's impossible to eval a kid just because he's not a stone's throw away from your campus is ridiculous to me.

How did Oh St evaluate Jeffrey Okudah from South Grand Prairie TX all the way up in Ohio?
How did Utah eval Tyler Huntley & Zach Moss in FLA even though they were so far away?

How does any team ever evaluate any OOS prospect? If we can't eval a kid just because he doesn't live 15min away from Greentree then we need to fold the **** program, like yesterday.

It's not that difficult, watch film, communicate with coaches & recruit, then when you get a chance, go watch him play live. Recruiting is simple, inept losing programs make it hard, but the central core of recruiting is not hard at all.
Don’t respond to him bro. He’s a full fledged member of the “we don’t need to leave SFL” association. He’s going to find any excuse to put doubt on an eval that isn’t from SFL.

Advertisement
Even when Richt was here, Offensive recruiting has been better on paper with **** offenses than the defense.. For some reason Diaz and his band of misfits cant sell their top ranked defenses for ****, my gawd.

Well yeah, either recruits got Patke’s goofy under qualified *** calling them or Rumph ignoring them.

Great 1-2 punch right there.

Last edited:

Youre missing my point. There’s some film, sure. But we can’t travel or meet with him or his coaches, no spring ball, no recent camps ... it’s a lot harder right now than normal times. And it’s harder to evaluate non-local kids than local kids even during normal times.

Don’t respond to him bro. He’s a full fledged member of the “we don’t need to leave SFL” association. He’s going to find any excuse to put doubt on an eval that isn’t from SFL.
You sure sound salty. I didn’t say anything negative. If you’re not wondering how we evaluate a non-local kid during a recruiting dead period caused by covid, you’re not even thinking. I said he looked like a nice prospect, so we’ll see whether he was a good eval. We do know that our evals over the years have left something to be desired.

You sure sound salty. I didn’t say anything negative. If you’re not wondering how we evaluate a non-local kid during a recruiting dead period caused by covid, you’re not even thinking. I said he looked like a nice prospect, so we’ll see whether he was a good eval. We do know that our evals over the years have left something to be desired.
Except for TE so...

Advertisement
Back