The talk about Tate's weak arm is BS

Advertisement
Well as I said in an earlier post, I think Perry starts because of the playing time factor. He simply has more game experience. And if you watched him play last year he can only get better. Tate will be there if Manny has a short leash and JW will have had his locker cleaned out by game time. I will say it again, if you can’t beat out #12 and N’kosi last year then you probably are overrated. I don’t want to hear that Richt didn’t want to waste him or Richt didn’t like playing Freshman.
Williams was never given a chance to beat either out last year really which was just bad all around for Williams who apparently didn’t take advantage of a redshirt season. Had he played last year, who is to say he wouldn’t be running away with the qb job by now?

Didn’t I already tell u all the same thing Footballville just said. College football is a business and having Tate Martell as your starting QB is good for business. If all other things are close (which they clearly have been) the thing Tate can do for TNM brand will be a factor. U can bet on that.
It hasn't been close... Tate has only had about 5 good days of throwing the football out of 30... imo he's only in the race because of his name... that's why I would rather it be Williams or Perry

Well as I said in an earlier post, I think Perry starts because of the playing time factor. He simply has more game experience. And if you watched him play last year he can only get better. Tate will be there if Manny has a short leash and JW will have had his locker cleaned out by game time. I will say it again, if you can’t beat out #12 and N’kosi last year then you probably are overrated. I don’t want to hear that Richt didn’t want to waste him or Richt didn’t like playing Freshman.
Another fan that still doesn't get it. He wasn't given the opportunity to beat out Malik... if you had your glasses on you could clearly see CMR had a agenda to play Malik no matter what.

bottom line: All three QBs have their strengths and their weaknesses. It seems that all three could POSSIBLY run Enos system - especially if he tweaks the details to play to their strengths.

I think the real questions will end up being which QB does Enos believe he can coach up most successfully to be the best guy to run his offense? Is it easier and more productive in the long run to work with Tate and his shortcomings? Perry? Jarren? It has been said by everyone they have all improved - which one offers the best path to success? That's the guy Enos will have to concentrate on - IMO, that's the guy that will start out at QB1.

Advertisement
He said that if all other things are close then that gives Tate an edge and I heard no lies. U can win with a QB or u could win with a QB who fits and can further your brand. Seems like an easy choice, to me. CFB is a business.
Too bad he couldn't expand OSU's brand :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Advertisement
He is 3 years removed from high school. Do we have to keep going back to high school videos to validate him? Enough of these threads. Starter will be named soon.

I like Tate but he’s throwing the same pass nothing here to suggest a pure passer. He runs well against no elite DL and LB, but love his toughness. Let’s admit, Martell will benefit learning from Enos this year, but he’s not any better than Perry and Williams. Please stop trying to use high school film to justify his weaknesses. He should have gone to an RPO offensive scheme or Diaz change system to fit Martell...while limiting other players.
By the way, look at the quarterbacks Enos are recruiting, and none of them plays like Martell. Canes going to a multidimensional pro-set attacking offensive scheme, and the quarterback is key. I don’t believe we have that quarterback...yet. Let’s just watch and see who can run this system.
Bump this post

Advertisement
Another fan that still doesn't get it. He wasn't given the opportunity to beat out Malik... if you had your glasses on you could clearly see CMR had a agenda to play Malik no matter what.
LOL Ok. Bro, it's MARK RICHT. He was a major college football coach and winner. F*&^ do you mean he had an agenda against JW? You guys that push that silly sh&* are ridiculous. Malik was the best we had and that is why he played. Maybe Williams has gotten better. Maybe N'Kosi has. But a major college football coach who LOVED his school so much he gave a million of his own cash and then QUIT without taking a dime? GTGOH

LOL Ok. Bro, it's MARK RICHT. He was a major college football coach and winner. F*&^ do you mean he had an agenda against JW? You guys that push that silly sh&* are ridiculous. Malik was the best we had and that is why he played. Maybe Williams has gotten better. Maybe N'Kosi has. But a major college football coach who LOVED his school so much he gave a million of his own cash and then QUIT without taking a dime? GTGOH
You'd have to be one of the dumbest humans on earth to believe that any poster here on CIS couldn't have been as bad as Malik! Anyone with eyes knew that it couldn't get any worse than Malik... so it came down to would you rather be this bad with a RS freshman or a true freshman... and yo dumb *** would have stuck with the 5th year senior??? Tell me you joking 😂😂😂

Advertisement
Certain factions have been looking for reasons to knock this kid since he got here. They invented that he has a weak arm because they thought other dopes would buy it due to Tate’s lack of height. His arm is fine.

And if Enos tailors an offense to fit what he does best, then he can probably succeed here. If he tries to force him to run an offense he might not be best suited to run them he’ll probably struggle.

You'd have to be one of the dumbest humans on earth to believe that any poster here on CIS couldn't have been as bad as Malik! Anyone with eyes knew that it couldn't get any worse than Malik... so it came down to would you rather be this bad with a RS freshman or a true freshman... and yo dumb *** would have stuck with the 5th year senior??? Tell me you joking 😂😂😂
If the two other QB's didn't have everything I needed to see as a starter, then yes. I didn't like Malik as a QB either. But at that point and time if none of your younger guys give you a better chance then you go with the SENIOR. Perry didn't just make bad throws against UVA. Malik was the senior and starter from last year and had the better head on his shoulders. I got news for you, we are not winning more than 7 with N'Kosi in the lineup full time either.

If you don’t actually say something of interest or relevance within the first 20 to 30 seconds, or even something that makes sense, I shut it down. Literally 30 seconds in, and I’m still trying to figure out what point he is making. Sorry I clicked off. I don’t have this kind of time
He’s a decent dude from what I remember from a few years ago. But he should stick to filming and staying behind the camera. I didn’t watch this video because I don’t really care what people have to say about the QB competition based on watching stretching and warmups.

He’s a decent dude from what I remember from a few years ago. But he should stick to filming and staying behind the camera. I didn’t watch this video because I don’t really care what people have to say about the QB competition based on watching stretching and warmups.

I understand. He may well be a very talented guy behind the camera. I don’t know him. I’m just talking about the actual video, and holding somebody’s interest. I’m not personally attacking him, I have no idea who he is.

I mean I’m 30 seconds in and he is still introducing and talking about what he’s going to to be talking about. I guess over the last 20+ years, I’ve gotten so used to business writing and business presentations that I want the headline quickly -boom boom boom - and I want you to get to the point fast. I’m an ******* like that

Advertisement
Back