The talk about Tate's weak arm is BS

Advertisement
A senior coming off the first 10 win season that we have had in 15 years threw for over 3000 yards and threw 26 TDs. But your gonna start a resdhirt freshman over him.. This board is so ******* dumb
Yep. You must not in football that you play your best player not just the most experienced. Ask Dabo why he played Lawrence over Kelly. Ask Saban why he started Tua over Hurts. People who make comments like yours resonate with Mark Richt and is content with playing “okay.”

Another fan that still doesn't get it. He wasn't given the opportunity to beat out Malik... if you had your glasses on you could clearly see CMR had a agenda to play Malik no matter what.

And then Richt benched Rosier after two series against FIU and the job was Perry's. Perry was no better on the field and his off field issues showed a lack of maturity. Williams' lack of maturity hurt him very early. Perry and Williams seem to have really stepped up and matured. We haven't seen a real competition for the quarterback position since maybe 1983 when it wasn't decided until late in fall camp.

Yep. You must not in football that you play your best player not just the most experienced. Ask Dabo why he played Lawrence over Kelly. Ask Saban why he started Tua over Hurts. People who make comments like yours resonate with Mark Richt and is content with playing “okay.”
Dabo started Kelly the first 3 games of the season WTF are you talking about? You think Lawrence didnt look better then Kelly then? Dabo had diffeent goals then Richt had... RIcht finally got smart as did Dabo. You would pick two examples who might go #1 and #2 in the nfldraft tho

Dabo started Kelly the first 3 games of the season WTF are you talking about? You think Lawrence didnt look better then Kelly then? Dabo had diffeent goals then Richt had...

Not only that Tua never started a game in 2017 and Saban benched Hurt in the national championship game only to bench Tua against Georgia the following year.

Quite frankly I saw nothing of Perry nor Williams that said either was ready to be the guy in 2018.

Advertisement
Franchise you know football..you know dam well Martell can only be successful in an Ohio State type offense, and you know we are not gonna run that kind of offense at Miami... Diaz told us when he hired Enos what type of offense he is going to bring and that aint it. Starting martell would be akin to trying to fit a square peg in a round hole
Ohio State ran the exact same passing game that Enos does. So no, it’s not like fitting a square peg in a round hole.

I may be biased, but when Richt benched Kosi I told my wife, “so the season is over. He’s lost the team and the fans. It’s done.”
Unpopular take but honestly the season would have played out much different if richt didn’t bench malik to begin with in that fiu game. He literally lost all confidence and while he was not a good-great qb he certainly was better than how he played in 2018 imo

Unpopular take but honestly the season would have played out much different if richt didn’t bench malik to begin with in that fiu game. He literally lost all confidence and while he was not a good-great qb he certainly was better than how he played in 2018 imo
I can hear that, but I think Malik had a window he peaked in, then settled into his mean. But it’s so hard to judge fairly in the 105th offense.

Advertisement
Certain factions have been looking for reasons to knock this kid since he got here. They invented that he has a weak arm because they thought other dopes would buy it due to Tate’s lack of height. His arm is fine.

And if Enos tailors an offense to fit what he does best, then he can probably succeed here. If he tries to force him to run an offense he might not be best suited to run them he’ll probably struggle.

As to your last point, a couple of perfect examples would be Brock Berlin and the infamous Kyle Wright. However, I think what separates Martell is that he has the smarts and work ethic to adapt to a style of offense that is different than what he is used to running.

Here's what we know.

Tate has film against Oregon St, Rutgers, and Tulane in games where he came in with a three TD lead or more.

In those games the coaches were relatively conservative in the passing game because they didn't have to be aggressive. Still Tate took care of the ball and threw for better than 80% completions. He also was dynamic running the ball and showed good field generalship.

Perry's most efficient games were against Sav St and FIU. He was less efficient but more explosive. The comp is less than what Tate faced. In all his other games against better comp he was really inconsistent. He made some flash plays but he also **** the bed at times. Woefully bad at times.

I don't know if Martell can win more games for us but Im hopeful he wont lose them and that's an upgrade in my book compared to Perry and Rosier under Richt.

I believe that Martell's floor is higher than what we saw last year. So if Enos goes with Williams or Perry I am confident that we can expect a significant improvement in QB play compared to last season. If he chooses Martell we may have limitations on offense but it wont be a liability like last season.
[/QUOTE
Before we can forecast outcome, we must start with coaching staff. Martell looks good at OSU but OC, quarterback coach, and now head coach advised him to transfer....hummmm! Not because of talent, rather offensive scheme doesn’t match quarterback skills in a pro-style system.
Now, Diaz goes after this kid who was a high school star...running a RPO system. Diaz wants a winner, but made his first major gamble...can Martell run Enos system? From brief film, the transition has been challenging for a kid who only played from shot gun.
We must evaluate Perry with the same consideration too! He redshirted behind Rosier and Sherriff in 2017. Rosier had a great season and automatic given starter position , because Perry was a spread system quarterback but very raw in understanding what Richt and son wanted at quarterback. Maturity is the term to describe the entire quarterback room to include offensive staff.
Williams, Perry, and Weldon were having problems focusing, which starts with coaching leadership.
Diaz changed the room of the most valuable player on offense by firing the previous staff, and hiring a coach who value discipline and perfection. Based on Enos system, Perry and Williams are at an advantage over Martell. If Enos goes to RPO system than Martell has the inside advantage.
Ken Dorsey was not the best athlete at quarterback, but he was right player to lead pro-set offense. The talent and standards established by the coaching staff made them winners. The reason that I wanted Butch Davis...not Richt.
When was the last time we saw a complete team: offense, defense, and special teams? Just go back and look at Shelly, Johnson, Erickson, and Davis coaching staffs... and you will find the foundations of winning. Not the recruiting star system that overrate players!
Bama has won 5 of last championships...look at saban staffers. Bingo

Advertisement
And if Enos tailors an offense to fit what he does best, then he can probably succeed here. If he tries to force him to run an offense he might not be best suited to run them he’ll probably struggle.
This is the million dollar question.

I think, in general, message board posters think “tailoring” an offense is much easier than it actually is. It wasn’t just Richt that was stubborn (although he took it to an extreme) - every coach has strengths, weaknesses, tendencies, etc.

The under center, play action centric offense is what Enos is good at. Who says he will be as good if he is forced to go to a shotgun based approach?

Also, gonna throw this out there... I think Enos was a good hire and I’m glad he is here. However, he was a sub .500 HC at central mich, was part of an Arkansas staff that got let go, and was a position coach (not calling plays) at bama. Point is, i don’t think this guy is God. Therefore, all things equal, I’d rather pick the qb that best fits his system than tailor a system to a particular qb. That’s no knock on Tate or anyone else, just a generalization.

And then Richt benched Rosier after two series against FIU and the job was Perry's. Perry was no better on the field and his off field issues showed a lack of maturity. Williams' lack of maturity hurt him very early. Perry and Williams seem to have really stepped up and matured. We haven't seen a real competition for the quarterback position since maybe 1983 when it wasn't decided until late in fall camp.
Perry was much better than Rosier!

Advertisement
Perry was much better than Rosier!
tenor (1).gif

I understand your point. But, if Perry played under Richt Jr’s tutelage for three years - their number of bad games will be equal. The coaching was horrid. Horrid.
In which my point was... Perry and Williams were still better options last year

Perry makes me have nightmares man...
I think I actually have a higher opinion of Perry than everyone else, because UVA is the only game last year that I couldn't watch live (was only able to check in every 10 minutes, and obviously didn't really feel like watching the full replay later), and so I didn't witness Perry absolutely bombing... When I think of him I mostly think of the FSU comeback, a few on-the-money throws against some crappy teams, and a solid game against VaTech

Advertisement
Back