The talk about Tate's weak arm is BS

Didn’t I already tell u all the same thing Footballville just said. College football is a business and having Tate Martell as your starting QB is good for business. If all other things are close (which they clearly have been) the thing Tate can do for TNM brand will be a factor. U can bet on that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He has a strong arm. The issue is more accuracy, timing and ball placement.

Wait, what?!?! Accuracy, timing and ball placement are his issues?? If true, how is he not anything more than a shorter version of Rosier?

That stuff is pretty **** important for a QB...way more important than arm strength. Give me the more accurate, more talented QB, that can get the ball where it needs to be on time and in the right place.

Accuracy, timing and ball placement issues for a QB is like being told, “the heart surgeon we have scheduled to perform your heart transplant has a medical degree and graduated at the top of his class, BUT he’s mostly blind, he drinks whiskey during surgery, and his arthritic hands don’t work so good...but other than that he’s a fine Doctor.”

You want that guy operating on you?

Then you’re naive.
Yeah. A first year head coach who needs validation on multiple levels (for his career, for fans, for recruits, etc.) and his biggest hire (Enos, a guy who left Saban's umbrella for autonomy and to validate his own ability) will allow social media clout/"fame" to be the "edge" or deciding factor on choosing the player who'll play the most important position in their offense - and perhaps be the key lever to reaching their goals. Apparently, in part because we're a small private school yet simultaneously may have a bigger brand than a school like Florida State. Makes total sense.

Advertisement
This is why I don’t put much stock into anything that’s not stated by a coach. A few days ago it was said that he was accurate and got the ball to receivers in a position that they could do something with it but didn’t have the arm strength to make throws towards the sideline.

Now D Is saying he struggles with accuracy, ball placement and timing but arm strength isn’t an issue. If he struggles with all those things, I don’t see how he’s even in contention for the job.

Truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Can’t wait until the 24th so I can make these judgements with my own eyes(not just concerning Tate).

He simply lacks vision. That was a perfectly thrown ball... assuming the WR was there uncovered.
Well as I said in an earlier post, I think Perry starts because of the playing time factor. He simply has more game experience. And if you watched him play last year he can only get better. Tate will be there if Manny has a short leash and JW will have had his locker cleaned out by game time. I will say it again, if you can’t beat out #12 and N’kosi last year then you probably are overrated. I don’t want to hear that Richt didn’t want to waste him or Richt didn’t like playing Freshman.

He simply lacks vision. That was a perfectly thrown ball... assuming the WR was there uncovered.

He takes chances. IDK if it's due to panic, indecision or what. Ironically he was the one yesterday who said Enos tells them to be "fearless but not careless" I think he hasn't figured out yet where the gray area is there........

Advertisement
Yeah. A first year head coach who needs validation on multiple levels (for his career, for fans, for recruits, etc.) and his biggest hire (Enos, a guy who left Saban's umbrella for autonomy and to validate his own ability) will allow social media clout/"fame" to be the "edge" or deciding factor on choosing the player who'll play the most important position in their offense - and perhaps be the key lever to reaching their goals. Apparently, in part because we're a small private school yet simultaneously may have a bigger brand than a school like Florida State. Makes total sense.
He said that if all other things are close then that gives Tate an edge and I heard no lies. U can win with a QB or u could win with a QB who fits and can further your brand. Seems like an easy choice, to me. CFB is a business.

Advertisement
He said that if all other things are close then that gives Tate an edge and I heard no lies. U can with with a QB or u could win with a QB who fits and can further your brand. Seems like an easy choice, to me. CFB is a business.
But who is “he” at the end of the day? He’s certainly not involved in naming the qb and it’s a silly take to even suggest popularity or reach of a qb will have any say so in determining the QB for the university of Miami

Advertisement
Back