The Talent Debate

Haven't read the whole thread but here's what I think's inarguable - this team has plenty of guys who will be playing on Sundays.

4 guys projected to get drafted next year, possibly even in the first couple days:
Kayaa, Coley, Muhammed, Corn

6 seniors who've logged significant PT and will at minimum get invites to the post season bowls/combine:
J. Carter, R. Jenkins, Dobard, Gus, Grace, Isadora

10+ others projected to get drafted whenever they declare over the next few cycles:

Walton, Yearby, Willis, Norton, Darling, Njoku, Owens, J. Johnson, Chad Thomas, McDermott, C. Jenkins...

It's not a rebuilding team trotting out Kirby Freeman and Khalil Jones or playing tight ends at LT due to injury. Add in a few of the freshman who will emerge and I think you'd be hard pressed to find many other teams on our schedule with this level of talent. It's not surprising to hear that a lot of guys have bad habbits that need to be corrected, but that has seemingly happened for the guys we've had recently go to the NFL and get real coaching. If this staff delivers the goods this team should win 9 or 10 games pretty easy. If the coaching staff gets the best out of Kayaa and the front 7 competing for the ACC is not out of the question.

Advertisement
None of these troglodytes have a legitimate answer to that question.

They try to mask their inability to think by being contrarians. They think their contrarian status makes them the "voice of reason" and that that makes them appear to be smart.

None of them can explain why UM fans are unreasonable for expecting us to win 10 games and the Coastal when sorry *** UNC won 11 and the Coastal last year. They have no answers. All they do is regurgitate the "you guys is dumb for thinking we gots talent" line.

The answer is miami has a below average o-line, a bunch of players on defense who haven't done ****, well below average at cb, still big questions about the d-line.

Coaching is in question as well. I give everybody a chance to prove themselves but lets not act like diaz is some great dc all of a sudden. Rumph and banda has to show they can get it done at this level too.

And on top of all that these players are ****in soft.

You sound really soft... For real though, if all that you said is true, it sounds like you want to tuck your tail and forfeit the season. Man da **** up and play with what you got! You got the biggest Christmas present any team could have asked for this season in HC (Richt). The first Spring Camp is almost over and for some reason you are surprised that after all the changes we still may not win a NC this year. Get a grip, it's not that easy!

You must be soft *****. Dont question my man hood when you dont ****in know me. He ask for reasons why they wont win 10 games and i gave them clown. Im not saying **** about winning a nc. Its other people up here saying 10 and 11 wins this year or the season is a failure.

Learn to ****ing read before you come at me ***** boy.

Look Tough Guy, that's exactly why I said you soft *** ****... This is Spring Ball. Did you ever consider that what you hear and see in the Spring logically will change by the fall? It's called progression. But I would expect even you for as much ish you talk around here to know that... Do better Sharmon!

They try to mask their inability to think by being contrarians. They think their contrarian status makes them the "voice of reason" and that that makes them appear to be smart.

None of them can explain why UM fans are unreasonable for expecting us to win 10 games and the Coastal when sorry *** UNC won 11 and the Coastal last year. They have no answers. All they do is regurgitate the "you guys is dumb for thinking we gots talent" line.

The answer is miami has a below average o-line, a bunch of players on defense who haven't done ****, well below average at cb, still big questions about the d-line.

Coaching is in question as well. I give everybody a chance to prove themselves but lets not act like diaz is some great dc all of a sudden. Rumph and banda has to show they can get it done at this level too.

You sound really soft... For real though, if all that you said is true, it sounds like you want to tuck your tail and forfeit the season. Man da **** up and play with what you got! You got the biggest Christmas present any team could have asked for this season in HC (Richt). The first Spring Camp is almost over and for some reason you are surprised that after all the changes we still may not win a NC this year. Get a grip, it's not that easy!

You must be soft *****. Dont question my man hood when you dont ****in know me. He ask for reasons why they wont win 10 games and i gave them clown. Im not saying **** about winning a nc. Its other people up here saying 10 and 11 wins this year or the season is a failure.

Look Tough Guy, that's exactly why I said you soft *** ****... This is Spring Ball. Did you ever consider that what you hear and see in the Spring logically will change by the fall? It's called progression. But I would expect even you for as much ish you talk around here to know that... Do better Sharmon!

Dont get your brains put on the cement *****. **** can get real if you want to take it there.

Dont get your brains put on the cement ****. **** can get real if you want to take it there.

Come on bruh's, no need to take it anywhere. We all family here and we all got our opinions. Ya'll ninjas is wildin'

We got some tough guys on here. If you think we don't have good enough players to win 10 games with our schedule, then you're wrong. I'm sorry.10 games have been won with much less. And yeah, it makes you sound pretty soft and scaredy too. Now please don't reach through you're computer and through my phone to try and fight me lol.

Advertisement
Need to play the young guys right away to force some jags to transfer and open up some schollies.

Make Allison the backup so that either Rosier or Shirreffs transfers.
Let Homer compete for 3rd string RB and force either Gus or Gray to gtfo.
Bruce, Richards, Mullins, Harris should play over Lewis, Langham, perhaps even Berrios.
Have T. Martin play ahead of Fines to get him to transfer.
Already seeing it with the LBs. Get McCray, Smith, Young outta here.
Henley, Mayes, Knowles, King should not be here. Play James, Wright, Finley, Young over them all day and force them to transfer.

If I had my druthers, the following kids would be asked to find someplace else to play between now and the end of next season.

Rosier
Edwards
Gray
Lewis
Langham
Loftus
Grimsley
Knighton
Fines
Smith
McCray
Young
Mayes
Henley
Knowles
King

Last edited:
I keep hearing all the same garbage. "Not enough proven receivers and cornerbacks. Struggling o-linemen. No home run threat at tailback". That's right without those things, there's no chance to go undefeated and win a championship. I'm talking about winning 9, maybe 10 regular season games and winning the coastal. Look at the f'ing schedule. It's not that tough. Do you think the recievers/corners/o-line/running backs are any better at VT, GT, Duke, UNC, Virgnia or Pitt? Of course not. All those teams would trade talent for talent with Miami 10 times out of 10. So, unless you don't believe the new staff will flop or you're sure injuries will ravage the 2016 'Canes, How can you expect 7 or 8 wins?

Dont get your brains put on the cement ****. **** can get real if you want to take it there.

Look with ya lil sensitive ***... stop it with the cyberspace threats. Food for thought, if my brains get "put on the cement" and you end up in jail, is this considered a win in your book? Exactly, don't play the game of life the same way you play the game of football ready to hit the "reset button" when it appears that you can't win. Take the lessons learned in the Spring and Summer by Fall you will be a better man making better choices and decisions that will allow you to win long term.

Haven't read the whole thread but here's what I think's inarguable - this team has plenty of guys who will be playing on Sundays.

4 guys projected to get drafted next year, possibly even in the first couple days:
Kayaa, Coley, Muhammed, Corn

6 seniors who've logged significant PT and will at minimum get invites to the post season bowls/combine:
J. Carter, R. Jenkins, Dobard, Gus, Grace, Isadora

10+ others projected to get drafted whenever they declare over the next few cycles:

Walton, Yearby, Willis, Norton, Darling, Njoku, Owens, J. Johnson, Chad Thomas, McDermott, C. Jenkins...

It's not a rebuilding team trotting out Kirby Freeman and Khalil Jones or playing tight ends at LT due to injury. Add in a few of the freshman who will emerge and I think you'd be hard pressed to find many other teams on our schedule with this level of talent. It's not surprising to hear that a lot of guys have bad habbits that need to be corrected, but that has seemingly happened for the guys we've had recently go to the NFL and get real coaching. If this staff delivers the goods this team should win 9 or 10 games pretty easy. If the coaching staff gets the best out of Kayaa and the front 7 competing for the ACC is not out of the question.

Would really like to see J. Carter's combine results. Dudes a freak, long with Njoku

Advertisement

Look with ya lil sensitive ***... stop it with the cyberspace threats. Food for thought, if my brains get "put on the cement" and you end up in jail, is this considered a win in your book? Exactly, don't play the game of life the same way you play the game of football ready to hit the "reset button" when it appears that you can't win. Take the lessons learned in the Spring and Summer by Fall you will be a better man making better choices and decisions that will allow you to win long term.

That is a win long term. It shows when a ***** gets disrespectful and call me out my name what happens. I aint paying your clown *** no attention because i know you wouldnt say that **** in my face.

That is a win long term. It shows when a ***** gets disrespectful and call me out my name what happens. I aint paying your clown *** no attention because i know you wouldnt say that **** in my face.

My pee pee is BIGGER than yours pipo!

You're a ferocious killer. You got me all tingly.

Need to play the young guys right away to force some jags to transfer and open up some schollies.

Bruce, Richards, Mullins, Harris should play over Lewis, Langham, perhaps even Berrios.
Henley, Mayes, Knowles, King should not be here. Play James, Wright, Finley, Young over them all day and force them to transfer.

If I had my druthers, the following kids would be asked to find someplace else to play between now and the end of next season.

Rosier
Edwards
Gray
Lewis
Langham
Loftus
Grimsley
Knighton
Fines
Smith
McCray
Young
Mayes
Henley
Knowles
King

and leave massive depth issues lol I for one like Gus, Young and Knowles out of the group and I believe Knowles will be a solid player for us.

Advertisement

Rosier
Edwards
Gray
Lewis
Langham
Loftus
Grimsley
Knighton
Fines
Smith
McCray
Young
Mayes
Henley
Knowles
King

That's a pretty conservative list. I'd add probably 8 more guys.

QB Kaaya/Shirreffs/Allison
RB Yearby/Walton/Edwards/Homer
WR Berrios/Bruce/Mullins
WR Coley/Richards
WR Cager/Harris
TE Njoku/Herndon/Dobard/Irvin/Haskins
LT Darling/Milo/Jones
LG McDermott/Mahoney
C Linder/Gall
RG Isidora/Gauthier
RT Odogwu/St. Louis/T. Johnson

DE AQM/Harris/Bethel
DT Willis/McIntosh/Martin
DT Norton/Jenkins/Moten
DE Thomas/D. Jackson/J. Jackson
LB Owens/McCloud/Perry
LB Quarterman/Gordinier
LB Grace/Pinckney/Smith
CB Elder/Redwine/Jaquan/Jackson/Young
S Jenkins/Carter/Colbert/Finley/James/Wright

Would ask the following players to leave after Spring:

Rosier
Gray
Lewis
Langham
Loftus
Knighton
Grimsley
Fines
Patchan
McCray
Young
Henley
Mayes
Knowles
King

WR Berrios/Bruce/Mullins
WR Coley/Richards
WR Cager/Harris
LT Darling/Milo/Jones
LG McDermott/Mahoney
C Linder/Gall
RG Isidora/Gauthier

DE AQM/Harris/Bethel
DT Norton/Jenkins/Moten
LB Owens/McCloud/Perry
LB Quarterman/Gordinier
LB Grace/Pinckney/Smith

Rosier
Gray
Lewis
Langham
Loftus
Knighton
Grimsley
Fines
Patchan
McCray
Young
Henley
Mayes
Knowles
King

Are you kidding me? You would be killing our depth and morale with this kind of nonsense. Mods, can you ban this clown?

Advertisement
WR Berrios/Bruce/Mullins
WR Coley/Richards
WR Cager/Harris
LT Darling/Milo/Jones
LG McDermott/Mahoney
C Linder/Gall
RG Isidora/Gauthier

DE AQM/Harris/Bethel
DT Norton/Jenkins/Moten
LB Owens/McCloud/Perry
LB Quarterman/Gordinier
LB Grace/Pinckney/Smith

Rosier
Gray
Lewis
Langham
Loftus
Knighton
Grimsley
Fines
Patchan
McCray
Young
Henley
Mayes
Knowles
King

Still conservative, but I agree that they should be asked to leave after spring instead of having them stick around clogging up the roster. It'll make for an easier pitch in recruiting too.

WR Berrios/Bruce/Mullins
WR Coley/Richards
WR Cager/Harris
LT Darling/Milo/Jones
LG McDermott/Mahoney
C Linder/Gall
RG Isidora/Gauthier

DE AQM/Harris/Bethel
DT Norton/Jenkins/Moten
LB Owens/McCloud/Perry
LB Quarterman/Gordinier
LB Grace/Pinckney/Smith

Rosier
Gray
Lewis
Langham
Loftus
Knighton
Grimsley
Fines
Patchan
McCray
Young
Henley
Mayes
Knowles
King

Would you really self impose roughly 23 scholarships and start the season with 62 players? Just for kicks, how long do you think it will take for you to rebuild the program after this mass gutting? BTW, since this isn't the NFL and no free agency, what is your solution to the problem replacing the current injured starters and the unfortunate injury's you're going to have in Summer Camp and the season?

Last edited:
The way I see it is you can go through a season comfortably with:

3 QBs (4 including Vinny)
4 RBs
7 WRs
5 TEs
12 OLs
12 DLs
8 LBs
11 DBs
1P

64 total scholarships with 10 seniors, leaving room for a huge class for Richt.

So what exactly is the problem?

Last edited:
The problem is recovery. This is how a mass scholarship ban killed SMUs program and they never recovered. We are in this position (depth wise) after losing 9 scholarships over 3 years. Do you have any idea what your program will look like after losing 23 scholarships in one year?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back