The Talent Debate

Listen here we have folks on here that are trying to say we shouldn't expect at least 10 wins this year when we have hired Mark richt a top 10 coach in the entire country who happens to be an elite play caller/qb guru , the top dline coach in the country(kuligowski) who has a bunch of talent to coach, an agressive 3-4 defense with Manny Diaz... On top of that 16 starters are coming back from an 8 win team that won on talent alone and with correctly coaching would have won more than 10 this past year and that's not including guys who would have started in 2015 who didn't play in Gerald Willis, Gus Edwards and Darrion Owens... Brad kaaya is one of the best qbs in the entire country and we are bringing in a talented group of football players who outside of the lbs, incoming receivers and dbs should redshirt this upcoming year:.. Richt has more than enough to work with

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nobody sees a problem with predicting a number of wins based off what the point spread against future opponents MIGHT be? Let's say Miami comes out the gate and crushes their first three underdog opponents, do you believe the point spread against Georgia Tech (4th game) won't jump into double digits? Especially if Tech struggles? The problem with the "math" that some are using is that it's not taking into account any improvement by the new staff. You're assuming games against coastal rivals will all be single digit spreads because that's what they were last year. It's very possible that the spread reaches double digits for every coastal opponent besides UNC.

These dummies are acting like UM fans shouldn't expect UM to improve by hiring infinitely better coaches. We fired Folden because he wasn't getting anything out of the talent that he was bringing in. Why bother firing Folden if everyone just expects the players to play exactly like they've been playing for the past 4 years?

None of these troglodytes have a legitimate answer to that question.

They try to mask their inability to think by being contrarians. They think their contrarian status makes them the "voice of reason" and that that makes them appear to be smart.

None of them can explain why UM fans are unreasonable for expecting us to win 10 games and the Coastal when sorry *** UNC won 11 and the Coastal last year. They have no answers. All they do is regurgitate the "you guys is dumb for thinking we gots talent" line.

The answer is miami has a below average o-line, a bunch of players on defense who haven't done ****, well below average at cb, still big questions about the d-line.

Coaching is in question as well. I give everybody a chance to prove themselves but lets not act like diaz is some great dc all of a sudden. Rumph and banda has to show they can get it done at this level too.

And on top of all that these players are ****** soft.

Vegas o/u win total is set at 8.5

I'll ride with that and say we go 9-3

We have a really tough stretch run during the middle of the year.

Some of you losers will be happy with Richt going 7-5 this season?? lol wtf

The Golden slurpers just have the worst mindset when it comes to Canes football.

Yep. They still think Golden would have been successful had he just had some more talent, and that talent has been the issue at Miami for the last 15 years.

Why the **** yall keep bringing up golden? I never cared for the *****. I remember around the time i first join this site tho everybody was riding his ****. "The don", "he just gets it" and how great his hair was and whatever else corny **** you could think of.

Listen here we have folks on here that are trying to say we shouldn't expect at least 10 wins this year when we have hired Mark richt a top 10 coach in the entire country who happens to be an elite play caller/qb guru , the top dline coach in the country(kuligowski) who has a bunch of talent to coach, an agressive 3-4 defense with Manny Diaz... On top of that 16 starters are coming back from an 8 win team that won on talent alone and with correctly coaching would have won more than 10 this past year and that's not including guys who would have started in 2015 who didn't play in Gerald Willis, Gus Edwards and Darrion Owens... Brad kaaya is one of the best qbs in the entire country and we are bringing in a talented group of football players who outside of the incoming receivers and dbs should redshirt this upcoming year:.. Richt has more than enough to work with

This board is at an all time low when Broke is one of the loudest voices of reason.

Advertisement
Golden had no supporters after going 6-7. He lost everyone with that amazing 4 game losing stretch to end the 2014 season. We had our best stretch under Golden with the beatdowns of NC, Cincy and VT, and it looked like we were going to turn the corner. Then we had that amazing first half against FSU. The rest is history. No one I recall was banging the Al Golden drum after losing out the way we did. EVERYONE wanted him fired, even people like me who were patient with him.
The same idiots that defended Golden when he went 6-7 will also defend Richt if he wins 7 games this year and they will once again blame the players. F that, Richt better win 10 games or else it's a failure. We have more talent than anyone we play not named FSU and ND and he better at least split with those teams or else that's a failure too.

Complete BS. The reason I wanted Golden fired was because he was losing to teams he had no business losing to with the talent he had on the team. HIS talent. This revisionist history that Golden had supporters like his predecessor until the very end is BS. There wasn't a dry eye in the house when he was fired from all the tears of joy.
Some of you losers will be happy with Richt going 7-5 this season?? lol wtf

The Golden slurpers just have the worst mindset when it comes to Canes football.

Yep. They still think Golden would have been successful had he just had some more talent, and that talent has been the issue at Miami for the last 15 years.

Nobody sees a problem with predicting a number of wins based off what the point spread against future opponents MIGHT be? Let's say Miami comes out the gate and crushes their first three underdog opponents, do you believe the point spread against Georgia Tech (4th game) won't jump into double digits? Especially if Tech struggles? The problem with the "math" that some are using is that it's not taking into account any improvement by the new staff. You're assuming games against coastal rivals will all be single digit spreads because that's what they were last year. It's very possible that the spread reaches double digits for every coastal opponent besides UNC.

These dummies are acting like UM fans shouldn't expect UM to improve by hiring infinitely better coaches. We fired Folden because he wasn't getting anything out of the talent that he was bringing in. Why bother firing Folden if everyone just expects the players to play exactly like they've been playing for the past 4 years?

They try to mask their inability to think by being contrarians. They think their contrarian status makes them the "voice of reason" and that that makes them appear to be smart.

None of them can explain why UM fans are unreasonable for expecting us to win 10 games and the Coastal when sorry *** UNC won 11 and the Coastal last year. They have no answers. All they do is regurgitate the "you guys is dumb for thinking we gots talent" line.

The answer is miami has a below average o-line, a bunch of players on defense who haven't done ****, well below average at cb, still big questions about the d-line.

Coaching is in question as well. I give everybody a chance to prove themselves but lets not act like diaz is some great dc all of a sudden. Rumph and banda has to show they can get it done at this level too.

And on top of all that these players are ****in soft.
How did a atrocious UNC team two years ago come back and win 11, including giving Clemson a **** of a fight in the ACCCG

We don't have talent to win 10 games so I guess Al Golden and Larry Scott did a masterful job coaching us up to 8 wins last season right?

Advertisement

How did a atrocious UNC team two years ago come back and win 11, including giving Clemson a **** of a fight in the ACCCG

UNC got a new DC. That's how.

We have nothing proven at CB past Elder.

We have nothing proven at WR past Coley.

The offensive line has a ton of question marks and has already caused our star QB to suffer a bad concussion.

We have no game breaking, explosive RBs.

People expecting 10-11 wins minimum are silly.

Next year I think we'll be able to get there, this year I think 10-2 is the best possibility, with 9-3 or 8-4 likely.

Last edited:
8-4? The same 8-4 we just went? I think 8-4 was likely with Golden as HC, but Richt should be able to do better than that.

The offensive line has a ton of question marks and has already caused our star QB to suffer a concussion.

Next year I think we'll be able to get there, this year I think 10-2 is the best possibility, with 9-3 or 8-4 likely.

8-4? The same 8-4 we just went? I think 8-4 was likely with Golden as HC, but Richt should be able to do better than that.

The offensive line has a ton of question marks and has already caused our star QB to suffer a concussion.

People are forgetting that we're losing Howard, Burns, Scott and Waters.

Those were very solid guys at important positions. Positions where we are very young right now.

Advertisement
People that act like we need a roster full of all conference guys to win 10 games, with the schedule we play, are silly.

I said i think they go 9-3. If they can go 10-2 thats even better an we will just have to wait and see.

You sound really soft... For real though, if all that you said is true, it sounds like you want to tuck your tail and forfeit the season. Man da **** up and play with what you got! You got the biggest Christmas present any team could have asked for this season in HC (Richt). The first Spring Camp is almost over and for some reason you are surprised that after all the changes we still may not win a NC this year. Get a grip, it's not that easy!

Advertisement

You sound really soft... For real though, if all that you said is true, it sounds like you want to tuck your tail and forfeit the season. Man da **** up and play with what you got! You got the biggest Christmas present any team could have asked for this season in HC (Richt). The first Spring Camp is almost over and for some reason you are surprised that after all the changes we still may not win a NC this year. Get a grip, it's not that easy!

You must be soft *****. Dont question my man hood when you dont ****** know me. He ask for reasons why they wont win 10 games and i gave them clown. Im not saying **** about winning a nc. Its other people up here saying 10 and 11 wins this year or the season is a failure.

Learn to ******* read before you come at me ***** boy.

Coaching....

So then Golden wasn't the problem these past 5 years. Gotcha.

Actually Golden was part of the problem, but not the whole problem in my opinion.

The biggest failure of the program in the last 5 years has been recruiting. Golden's recruiting classes have been dismal. Part of that is Golden and company getting no respect locally, part of that is a scheme nobody wanted to play in, and part of that is the University not wanting to spend money on basics like an indoor practice facility and an on-campus stadium that would attract recruits

Golden's biggest issue was recruiting, yet he put numerous players in the NFL during his tenure. I totally get you now.

Crazy how we were struggling with teams that had less or even zero NFL players, despite us having more NFL players on last year's roster than Alabama and FSU.

You're definitely on to something here.

Wait, you're claiming that golden was a better game day coach than recruiter?

I'm claiming that only if you are reading at a 1st grade level.

Or possibly I only read the last post. So let's go with lazy, not poorly educated.

I'll put it on the block and say yeah, we could go 8-4.

OL
Dbs,
VT, yes, vt. UNC, fsu, ND...
A couple of studs go down...

But,

I could easily see us at 10-2, maybe better.
Richt, c Kool, d line, lbs, kaaya, searls gets it out of them, rumph gets it outta them, coley, other wrs, tes...some grit in tough games...

Can't wait. Beats the deck outta rooting for golden to get gone.

Advertisement
Back