S - Stevenson, Smith

ATH - Richards

Missed - Dent, Battle

2b - Worse Case

CBs - Brownlee, Couch, Good

S - Smith

ATH - Richards

Missed - Dent, Battle, Stevenson
Not to sound like a Debbie downer but I’m bracing for 2b ... I just trick myself so I can be pleasantly surprised on signing day

Advertisement
It's also making kids like Battle and Stevenson visit other schools now and compare it to Miami. Battle taking an OV to Ohio State.

Maybe they should have an August 1st. Signing Day for the kids that are already 80% clearing eligibility instead of a Dec date. Then have the traditional date in Feb. Also a kid can get out of his LOI by Jan 1st if the HC coach leaves or is fired. A school can pull a LOI for Academics or if the kid catches a case.

lets be real we have a better shot with Steele still than we do dent.

He’s getting paid so that means he is not coming here.

I get what you are saying, but we knew how many guys we we're losing a few months ago. At that point, the plan was only 1 corner. Something has changed in that time period.

Nah, don't believe the plan was ever 1 corner...Your info was just wrong.

Advertisement
Not to sound like a Debbie downer but I’m bracing for 2b ... I just trick myself so I can be pleasantly surprised on signing day

I want Stevenson. It would suck to not get him.

But 2b would still be a really solid DB class. Richards is a stud, Smith and Couch are both 4* players who are excellent athletes, and Brownlee is a kid the staff loves who could be a big riser in the rankings this year. Just look at the potential 2-deep in 2019/2020 with that group (obviously a kid like Henry Gray might shake that up if he sticks)

CB: Frierson, Blades
CB: Ivey, Couch
NB: Bandy, Brownlee
S: Carter, Richards
S: Hall, Smith

It's still impatient, Brownlee, Good they wasnt committing any time soon. IDK how the conversations have been between him and the staff.

Also I think alot of it has to do with Diaz. I honestly think he only wants State of Miami, DaUval County, and Georgia Kids on his defense. Probably the reason why those 2 kids from Arizona havent received offers.

And that's another thing with other schools telling OOS kids. That Miami will give the local kids preference first trying to negative recruit against us.
Every school could say that about OOS kids getting preferential treatment. If those kids are coming in hungrier. Interesting take, but I think you are truly grasping for something.

It's pretty clear that your info about taking 1 corner was wrong. No offense, but we're graduating 2 corners and likely starting two true sophmores at boundry next year so i don't really know how ANYONE could come to the conclusion that we'd only take 1 corner. That never made sense.

It’s not a conclusion he made. This was from the staff. Things change and evaluations change and opinions change.

I even mentioned when it was brought up that it didn’t make sense, but it did change eventually.

So for the few posters saying. “I don’t believe that, that was never the plan, no way.”

It was, but things change. Malek didn’t get cleared and instead of taking 6 DBs like they were planning last year, we ended up with 5.

The plan “originally” was to take 1 CB this year. Things change.

Last edited:
Advertisement
One of the reasons the staff is taking so many more corners could be Al Blades. He is a really good athlete but his coverage skills just are not there. I feel he would be much better at safety or even striker.
So they already figured out Al can’t cover even though he hasn’t practiced and the coaches haven’t been able to work with him? You guys need to stop spreading this dopey nonsense to the gullible masses and making them think you know something concrete.

It’s not a conclusion he made. This was from the staff. Things change and evaluations change and opinions change.

I even mentioned when it was brought up that it didn’t make sense, but it did change eventually.

So for the few posters saying. “I don’t believe that, that was never the plan, no way.”

It was, but things change. Malek didn’t get cleared and instead of taking 6 DBs like they were planning last year, we ended up with 5.

The plan “originally” was to take 1 CB this year. Things change.

The Malek Young career ending injury was announced publicly in January before the 18 class was even complete, before campbell and surtain committed elsewhere. Your timeline does not match up at all. You guys alluded to the plan changing somewhat recently....but now your referencing a malek young injury 6 months ago and taking 5 instead of 6 dbs 5 months ago in th 18 class....none of that rationalizes targeting 1 cb in may/june at all.

The Malek Young career ending injury was announced publicly in January before the 18 class was even complete, before campbell and surtain committed elsewhere. Your timeline does not match up at all. You guys alluded to the plan changing somewhat recently....but now your referencing a malek young injury 6 months ago and taking 5 instead of 6 dbs 5 months ago in th 18 class....none of that rationalizes targeting 1 cb in may/june at all.

Before you lump me in as “you guys”.

They were recruiting already for 2019 back in January, even before that.......

They were expecting and hopeful on a DB last year that ended up not coming.

1 CB being the number was mentioned back in January/February around the time of the Legends All-Star game.

Things change.

So they already figured out Al can’t cover even though he hasn’t practiced and the coaches haven’t been able to work with him? You guys need to stop spreading this dopey nonsense to the gullible masses and making them think you know something concrete.
Sorry if I made it seem like this was insider information. That is my opinion and I thought I made that pretty clear.

Advertisement
We can all agree that 1 CB in this class would have been foolish. Now coaches plans are more in line with what our own eyes are telling us.

It's also possible back then that they may have thought Richards would be a CB even if he comes in as an athlete.

w/r/t Blades, he has a Dean or early Jackson feel to me. Incredible athleticism but not a "natural", needs a lot of coaching. I never saw him as ready to go as a true freshman. Late second or potentially 3rd year is when he starts shining, IMO.

Before you lump me in as “you guys”.

They were recruiting already for 2019 back in January, even before that.......

They were expecting and hopeful on a DB last year that ended up not coming.

1 CB being the number was mentioned back in January/February around the time of the Legends All-Star game.

Things change.

Sure things have changed since january. I dont think that has ever been the debate. The debate has been about the comments made about blades and bethel being the driving force behimd the decision to take more than 1 db.

Actually the coaches can work with the players up to 8 hrs a week during the summer just no instruction with a ball

Advertisement
Sure things have changed since january. I dont think that has ever been the debate. The debate has been about the comments made about blades and bethel being the driving force behimd the decision to take more than 1 db.

I wouldn't say that's crazy for them to originally have that thought. You just never know with these kids. NOBODY thought Rosseau would come in here and shake things up the way he did. That's something that is unplanned. They had to have gone back to the DE drawing board after realizing he will probably only be around for two more years if he develops the way they plan.

What I mean by using that example is that Frierson and Ivey look like they are going to hit from all reports and from the little we saw of them at the Spring game. So its back to the drawing board now because if they keep up the pace who knows if they are here in three more years? So the plan of taking only 1 CB has gone out the window because they might see Blades as a Safety and Bethel still as an athlete.

1 cb was never the plan...That would have been moronic. Whoever you guys got your "info" from, was wrong.

1 cb was never the plan...That would have been moronic. Whoever you guys got your "info" from, was wrong.

Losing essentially 3 corners(young, jackson, dean) but we were only going to take 1 corner? I Never believed that either

Your saying this as you had some kind of source to the coaches who said this? Things change as I said. Just like how Couch was behind Steele on the board, Couch is now in a position to be in this class. Things change. Back in January they figured they were going to end up with 6 DBs for 2018. Things change. I don’t get what you are trying to continue to harp on in the most respectful way, honestly.

Advertisement
Back